Constipation is a very common health issue mainly it happens due to a digestive disorder. It could happen at any age from infant to an old man. You should not worry if you are not bowel movement every day. Worry starts when you want to go and unable to evacuate stool. Sometimes constipation resolves itself without any treatment. But if it does not resolve itself then you need to pay intention because it could be a problem of chronic severe constipation. There are many ways to cure constipation including a change in eating habit and doing exercise. Natural remedies is also an effective way for chronic severe constipation cure.
As we know constipation is infrequent, irregular or difficulty in the evacuation of stool. It happens in the large intestine which responsible for evacuating and packaging of the tool. When food moves through the intestine, it absorbs water in stool making process. In bowel movement intestine passes the stool to the rectum. By that time Stool becomes hard because of water absorbed by the intestine. It may cause you irregular evacuation of stool. There are many other causes of constipation. Here we will let you know how to cure normal and chronic constipation at home.
Type of Constipation:
- Common or Occasional Constipation.
- Chronic Constipation.
- Constipation during pregnancy.
- Constipation because of age.
- Idiopathic Constipation.
- Painful bowel moment
- Irregular bowel moment
- Dry or Small Stool
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Nausea and vomiting
- Bad breath
- Belly Pain
- Mouth Ulcer
- Loss of appetite
Causes of Constipation, why it happens?
- Medicines which contain calcium or aluminum could be one of the reasons for constipation.
- Poor Diet
- Low level of water
- Less physical activity
- Eating a lot of dairy products
- Colon Cancer
- Overuse of laxatives
- Nerves and muscles problem in the digestive system
- Weak abdominal muscles
So there is so many symptoms and reason to happen constipation. Constipation is one those health problem which you can cure at home effectively. Change in daily diet routine and doing some physical activity can easily cure normal or occasional constipation. There are many effective natural home remedies for normal and chronic constipation cure. We suggest you go naturally before visit a doctor.
Natural Home Remedies for chronic Severe Constipation Cure
- Olive Oil:
Olive oil is a very useful home remedy for constipation. It helps to soften stool which can easily pass through the colon. If you take olive oil on daily basis it also keeps you away from constipation.
Way to use olive oil for constipation treatment:
- Take one tablespoon of olive oil in the morning before having anything every day for better result.
- You can mix one spoon lemon juice with olive oil to make it tasty and effective to cure constipation. Lemon also good for digestion so with olive oil it becomes more effective.
- Castor Oil
Castor oil is stimulant laxative, it stimulates large and small intestine to make bowel movement easy.
Way to use
- Take one tablespoon of castor oil in the morning before having anything is a good remedy for constipation treatment.
Note: Don’t take castor oil regularly because it may cause you some side effects.
As honey is considered as a mild laxative, it is very effective in constipation problem. One can easily prevent and cure constipation by taking honey regularly.
Way to use for constipation cure
- Take 2 teaspoons of honey 3 times a day helps you to ease bowel moment.
- Mix two tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of lemon juice with lukewarm water and drinking this empty stomach in the morning. It is one of the best home remedies for constipation.
Blackstrap Molasses syrup is made by pure sugar. It is high in calories, vitamins, and minerals which help to ease bowel movement. Molasses has mild laxative properties which make bowel movement easy. It is a highly recommended natural remedy for constipation cure.
Ways to use Molasses remedies for chronic constipation cure
- One tablespoon of molasses before bed make ease your constipation in the morning and provide relief from constipation.
- You can also add molasses to your breakfast meal. One tablespoon of blackstrap molasses with milk, coffee, smoothies and cereals in the morning will break your constipation.
- Two or three tablespoons of Molasses with two or three tablespoons of peanut in the morning help you to provide relief from constipation.
- You can use blackstrap molasses with honey, make a mixture of equal amount. And take one tablespoon of this mixture 3 times a day to get rid of constipation.
Note: Blackstrap molasses is high in taste so one should not use regularly to cure constipation.
- Ginger and Mint Tea
Ginger and mint tea are another useful remedies for constipation. Peppermint is full of menthol, which known for its antispasmodic effect and used for relaxation of the digestive system.
Way to use
- Make mint and ginger tea add one teaspoon of honey to increase its taste sure you will feel better within hours from constipation.
Grapes are rich in fibers which help to ease bowel moment and helps to get rid of constipation.
Ways to use grapes
- Eating a bowl full of grapes daily provide your relief and also prevent constipation.
- You can drink one glass of grapes juice daily.
- Boil 10 to 15 grapes in milk for 3 minutes and drink this solution in the evening. For better result use seedless grapes. This remedy works on any age but recommends for young children.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda is a very good remedy for constipation treatment. It contains sodium bicarbonate when it reacts with acids in stomach produces salt, carbon dioxide, and water. It will ease the bowel movement and clean your colon.
Way to use baking soda
- Take 1 teaspoon of baking soda mix with one-fourth glass of lukewarm water and drink in the morning to get rid of constipation.
Lemon stimulates the digestive system and eases the bowel moment. This most simplest and effective home remedy to for constipation cure.
Way to use
- Take one lemon and extract the juice in half glass of warm water. You can add one teaspoon of honey and half tablespoon of table salt for the better result. Drink this natural remedy in the morning.
- You can simply drink lemon water in the morning before having anything. It also helps to ease your constipation.
Figs are one of the best natural herbal remedies to cure chronic constipation. They are full of fiber and natural laxatives, so include figs in your diet. Fresh and dried figs can be used to get rid of constipation.
Ways to use figs to cure chronic constipation
- Eating fresh figs with skin is a good treatment for constipation. Don’t remove the skin because it contains fiber.
- Take three almonds and figs, soak them in water for 4 hours. Peel the almonds and make a paste of it by grinding figs. Take this paste with one tablespoon of honey before going to bed.
- Flax Seeds
Flax seeds are another natural herbal remedy for chronic constipation treatment. This herbal remedy is full of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. It also has laxative properties which can cure normal or severe chronic constipation.
Way to use flax seeds:
- Mix one glass of water with flax seeds and keep it for 4 hours. Drink water in the night before going to bed. It will provide you relief from constipation by the morning.
- Eating flax seeds directly with water is also a helpful remedy to cure chronic constipation. Take two-three teaspoons of flax seeds with one glass of water before going to bed and it will give you relief by the morning.
Ayurvedic medicine & remedies for Constipation Cure
Ayurvedic herbal remedies are one of the best and proven ways to cure constipation. Baba Ramdev Patanjali ayurvedic remedies is also a good treatment for constipation.
Please follow the below remedies to cure constipation:-
- Abhyarishta- Three to four teaspoons of Abhyarishta with same amount water after having a meal will ease your bowl movement.
- Avipattikar churna- Two teaspoons of this churna (powder) with water or milk twice a day can cure chronic constipation.
- DIvya Churna(Powder) for constipation: This is a Baba Ramdev ayurvedic natural herbal remedy to cure constipation. Take two teaspoons this churna to twice a day with lukewarm milk or water.
- Divya Triphala churna: Another Baba Ramdev remedy for constipation treatment. Take two teaspoons of this churna with water or milk twice a day.
Yoga and exercise for constipation cure:
Yoga is another way to cure constipation at home. Performing yogasan in the morning could ease your bowel movement. For instruction how to perform below yoga you can watch Baba Ramdev video at youtube.
- Pawan Mukta asana
- Vajra asana
- Yog mudra
- Dhanur asana
How to prevent constipation by Diet and Exercise
As they say, prevention is better than cure. To be fit and keep yourself away from constipation you need to change your lifestyle. Constipation is mainly happened because of bad diet and less physical activity. Follow the below steps to prevent constipation:-
- Diet– Most common reason for constipation is diet. If your diet contains less fiber food and more junk food then you are highly likely to suffer from constipation. We suggest you eat more vegetables, fruits which contain fiber. Avoid eating food which contains high amount of fat like egg, cheese, and meats to prevent constipation.
- Drink more liquid– Drink more water and juice avoid soft drinks which contain the chemical.
- Physical activity– Stop being lazy and hit the road. Exercise is the best way to prevent constipation.