How to get rid of Dry cough Fast without medicine
A cough is a very common health problem, mainly happen because of throat infection. We can say that every person has suffered from cough at some point of time in their life. More than 30 million people visit a doctor because of cough. A cough which last for 4-5 days consider to be normal and healthy. When A cough continues for weeks and you may start throwing discolored or blood in mucus. Then it could be a serious problem and you should not take it lightly. There are ways where you cough cure fast naturally at home.
A cough is also called tussis, it’s an instant reflection to clear throat. Foreign particles, microbes, irritants, fluids, and mucus in the throat caused cough. It can happen because of pollution/irritation, choking, chronic bronchitis, asthma or emphysema, a tumor in the lung, heart failure, and smoking.
There are many types of cough that will let you know later in this article. If you have cough and it’s been more than a week you should take it seriously. Off course you don’t know how many natural remedies you have in your kitchen to cure a cough. So here we will teach you how to make home remedies to get rid of cough.
Few thing we would like to share before we go further:
- A cough could be contagious – Contagiousness of a cough depend on the source. A cough because of a viral or bacterial infection may be very contagious. Cough virus could be contagious for two-three weeks. Symptoms are usually getting worst initially for first two to three days and this is when you’re most likely to spread the virus.
- A cough during pregnancy: Is it safe to take cough syrup during pregnancy? If you are pregnant or try to get pregnant we suggest you not to take cough syrup without consulting a doctor. Many cough syrups consider to safe after 12 weeks of pregnancy. Taking unprescribed medication could bad effect on your baby and may not know initially. We suggest you consult with a doctor first to take any medication during pregnancy.
Type of cough:
- Chesty Cough
It is also known as wet or a productive cough. A person suffers from this type of cough expels mucus from upper airway. Mostly it happens when you caught by flu or cold. Chest pain and phlegm during cough is a sign of chesty cough.
- A tickly cough or a dry cough
It is also called non-productive cough. There could be either very low mucus or no mucus at all. It happens when something irritates in the throat.
- Persistent cough
If a cough continues for more than 3 weeks either it is productive or non-productive known as a persistent cough. This type of could be very serious. A persistent cough could lead you to a chronic cough.
- Smokers Cough
It happens because of smoking. After smoking for long period of time lungs try to clear of toxins gathering in the respiratory system.
Symptoms of Cough:-
- A runny or stuffy nose
- Feeling irritation in throat
- Frequent throat clearing and sore throat
- Chest pain
Cough Causes, why cough happens?
Causes of Acute or a normal cough
- Flu( influenza)
- Inhaling an irritant
- Whooping cough
- Soar throat
- Air Pollution or Dust
- Allergy to something may cause you cough.
Cause for Chronic Cough or Persistent cough
- Postnasal drip
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Blood pressure drugs
- Chronic bronchitis
- Lung cancer
- Croup ( mainly in young children)
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
Now you know how a common and dangerous cough could be so we suggest you take it seriously. It’s too serious visit a doctor. But we suggest you go naturally at first. Natural herbal remedies can save you from side effect and spend money on the doctor. There are plenty of effective herbal cure cough with phlegm.
Home Remedies for Dry Cough Fast Cure
Nature has many remedies for cough treatment. Your kitchen could be a doctor if you are suffering from cough. Here we will let you know what you can do to get rid of cough instead of using cough cure medicine.
- Honey :
When we talk about home remedies for dry cough cure, honey comes at first. It’s a divine remedy for cough cure. It can be used in many ways. Honey has many antibiotic its not only good for cough it also provide relief to a sore throat. You can give honey to your kids if they are suffering from cough. Kids start coughing more at night so we suggest you to give them honey before bedtime.
Ways to take honey to get relief from cough:-
- Honey with lemon and hot water- Mix two tablespoons of honey with lemon juice and lukewarm water, then take it after every two hours. Sure it will provide you relief from cough and chest pain.
- Honey with black pepper: – Two tablespoons of honey mix with one teaspoon of black pepper and taking it twice a day.
- For Kids: – if your kids are 2-5 years old give them half spoon of honey and if he or she is more than 6 years old give them 2 teaspoons of honey before bedtime.
Note avoid giving honey to kids below 2 years old because it might cause botulism. Also, avoid giving honey syrup to your kids because they contain the chemical.
Ginger is very useful natural remedy for adults to get rid of dry cough. It also helps you to get relief from congestion. Ginger also considered to be a good remedy for Asthma patient.
Ways to use ginger for cough treatment:-
- Ginger Tea: Boil fresh ginger slices in water and drinking that water is suggested to get rid of cough. It also helps you to provide relief from a sore throat. You may add some sugar for taste if you don’t like it.
- Ginger and tulsi: Mix 2-3 crushed tulsi leave and 2 teaspoons of honey with 2 teaspoons of ginger juice. Take this remedy thrice in a day.
- For Kids: Mix crushed ginger with one-fourth of cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon of honey and apple cider vinegar, also add 2 tablespoons of water to it. Give 2 teaspoons this remedy to your kids above 2 years old before bedtime.
Lemon is also one of the best natural remedies to cure cough and sore throat. If you have long spells of cough lemon tea works best in that case.
how to get rid of dry cough with Lemon:
- Lemon Juice with honey: Take two teaspoon of lemon juice mix with one teaspoon of honey and take it in every two hours until you get relief.
- Lemon and ginger tea: Make lemon tea and add ginger to it then remove ginger and drink the rest to get fast and better result.
- Apple cider vinegar:
This is the best natural remedy for kids to get relief from cough with cold.
- Take one glass of water, add one tablespoon of honey and apple cider vinegar to it and mix it well.
- Jaggery solution:
Another homemade remedy to cure dry cough and cold. It is very useful in chest congestion.
Way to make and use:
- Boil black pepper in water, add jaggery and cumin powder to it. Taking two tablespoons of this paste twice or thrice in a day.
One of the oldest remedy to get rid of a bad cough.
Way to do gargling for cough cure:
- Take lukewarm water and 2- 3 pinches of salt in it and do gargling before having anything in the morning for better result. Otherwise, you can do gargling as many as time you like.
- Flaxseeds for cough:
- Boil flaxseeds until it gets thick, Add a few drops of lime juice and 1 tablespoon of honey. This natural remedy will help you to get rid of cough.
Turmeric is natural herb to cure cough and it’s a wonderful remedy for dry cough. There are many remedies we can make from turmeric
how to get rid of a chesty cough with Tumeric:
- Herbal tea: Boiling 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder along with a teaspoon of carom seeds in two cup of water until one and half cup is left. Drink thrice in a day to get better result.
- Roasted turmeric: Roast turmeric but don’t burn it, then make it into the fine powder. Add 2 tablespoon of honey and some water to make it drinkable. Drink this remedy four times in a day.
- Turmeric, Pepper, honey mixture: Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder, half cup of water, 1 teaspoon of pepper and 1 teaspoon of honey. Boil this mixture for 3 minutes and drink this mixture to treat cough. Drink it twice a day for better result.
- Turmeric with Milk: Take one cup of milk mix one tablespoon of turmeric to it and drink this mixture to get rid of cough. This remedy works for both adult and children.
Garlic is full of anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties which help you to get rid of cough and make breathing easy.
Way to use:
- Boil three- Four cloves of garlic in one cup of water and one teaspoon of oregano for 3-4 minutes then leave it to cool down. Then mix 2 teaspoons of honey. Drink this mixture twice or thrice in a day to get better result.
Also Read: How to Cure Asthma with Home Remedies
Considerably best remedy to get rid of cough for adults.
Way to use:
- Crush 3 peppercorn with some cumin seeds adds a pinch of salt to it. Take this mixture to get relief from cough and sore throat.
Tips and prevention measure one should do during cough
- A cough is contagious health problem so avoid contact with people who are already suffering.
- Wash your hands frequently with some antibiotic liquid.
- Do not smoke
- Take juice and liquid diet
- Get your child DPT ASAP.
Above remedies, you can use to cure and get rid of dry cough at home. We tried our best to provide knowledge about natural herb by which you can save your money and avoid using heavy doses of the chemical. But in case you have a very serious kind cough we suggest you visit the doctor. We try to serve you better. Thank you for visiting.