Earache or Ear pain can be sharp, itching, dull, and piercing. Sometimes your middle ear may be swollen or inflamed because of infection. Earache is very common in children but it could happen to adults as well. There many reasons for an earache like an ear infection, fluid buildup etc. Mostly earache caused by ear infection over other reason get better without antibiotic. Every time you feel aching or ear pain you don’t need an antibiotic. You can get rid of an earache by natural remedies at home. For a normal ear pain Home remedies are the best to cure, but if it’s too severe you can visit a doctor.
Symptoms of Earache
- You may feel Itching, odor or discharge in the ear.
- Partial or may be progressive hearing loss
- Tinnitus, ringing or noises in the ear
- You might have a feeling of fullness in the ear canal.
- Sore throat
- Jaw pain
Causes for an earache, why Ear pain happens?
- Ear infection
- Bullous myringitis
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Syndrome
- Sinus infection
Earache (Ear Pain) Home Remedies for Fast Relief
Earache can be treated at home effectively by homemade remedies in your kitchen. Please follow the below remedies to get rid of earache.
Garlic is an analgesic and antibiotic in nature which helps to cure earache caused by ear infection.
Ways to use garlic for earache treatment.
- Garlic Oil- Take one teaspoon of crumbled garlic and two teaspoons of sesame oil. Heat it until garlic turn into slightly black. Let it cool down and filter the oil. Put two or three drops of garlic oil in ear twice a day for two to four days.
- Mustard oil- Take to two crushed clove of garlic and heat with 2 teaspoons of mustard Heat it till garlic clove turn into slightly black and let cool down. Filter oil from this mixture and apply two drops in the ear.
- Garlic juice- Another way to use this home remedy is to extract juice from garlic clove and put it into the ear.
- Basil leaves
Another natural herb which is widely used to cure ear pain. Antibiotic properties of basil help to provide relief in ear pain.
Way to use basil leaves.
- Basil leaves juice- Extract juice from fresh basil leaves and put two drops of it in the infected ear for fast relief.
- Apple cider vinegar for earache
Apple cider vinegar is a good home remedy if the fungus is causing you ear infection and that may lead to ear pain.
Way to use ACV.
- Apple cider vinegar cotton ball – Take one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and mix with one teaspoon of alcohol or water. Dip one cotton ball in this solution and put it on the ear like a plug. Remove cotton ball after 5 minutes and dry out your ear by laying down on opposite side or use a dryer.
- Gargling Apple cider Vinegar- Sometime Eustachian tubes may be one of the causes for an earache. Take one glass of water and add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar for gargling.
- Neem for ear pain
Neem is widely used herb for its antifungal and antibacterial properties which help to fight ear infection. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties, neem is a good natural remedy for earache. It is also known as Indian lilac.
Way to use neem for earache relief.
- Neem Juice- Extract juice from fresh neem leaves and put two or three drops in your infected or itching ear. Try this remedy twice a day until you get relief from ear pain.
- Neem Oil- Take a cotton ball and soak it in neem oil. Squeeze out the extra oil from a cotton ball and put it on the ear. Remove cotton ball after five minutes and dry out your ear.
- Olive Oil
One of the best home remedies for earache. It can provide you fast relief from earache and buzzing sensation.
Way to use olive oil.
- Olive Oil Drops- You can use lukewarm olive oil as an ear drop. Put two or three ear drops in the infected ear to get fast relief from pain.
- Cotton ball- Dip a cotton ball into lukewarm olive oil and put it on the ear. Remove cotton ball after five minutes.
Onion has antiseptic and antibacterial properties which help in treating earache. It is very easily available and commonly used a home remedy for earache.
Way to use-
- Onion Juice- Heat one teaspoon of onion juice and put two or three drops in your infected ear. Use lukewarm onion juice twice a day until you get relief from earache.
- Grated Onion- Take one grated onion and wrapped it into a clean cloth. Put it on your infected ear for five to eight minutes. Try it twice in a day until you get relief.
Salt is another good remedy for the swollen ear. It also helps to flush out the fluid stuck in your ear.
Way to use salt.
- Heat four to five tablespoons of salt on low flame until it turns into slightly brown in color. Take a clean cloth and wrapped the salt inside then put it on the ear for five to ten minutes to get rid of earache.
- Heating Pad
Take a hot water bottle and wrapped in a clean cloth. Put it around your infected ear for fast relief from earache.
- Mango Leaves
Because of anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties of mango leaves helps to cure earache.
Way to use mango leaves for earache cure.
- Mango leaves juice- Extract juice from fresh mango leaves and puts two or three drops in your aching ear. Let it be there for a night to get relief and do this process for days until you get relief.
Earache (Ear pain) Ayurvedic Natural remedies
For earache treatment below are some effective ayurvedic Home Remedies.
- Licorice paste– Heat licorice herb with clarified butter to make a paste and apply this paste externally around the aching ear. You can use this home remedy one or twice in a day until you get relief a chronic earache.
- Peppermint – You can apply peppermint externally for earache treatment. Try not apply peppermint directly in your aching ear. You can use peppermint as ear drops after mixing it with olive oil.
- Bishop’s weed oil- One of the best home ayurvedic remedy for ear pain treatment. Take one teaspoon of Bishop’s weed oil and three teaspoons of sesame oil. Heat this oil mixture a bit and use 4 to 5 drops of lukewarm oil in your aching ear get fast relief.
Baba Ramdev Medicine for Earache and hearing loss
- Divya Sarivadi Vati- It is an herbal medicine which is a mixture of many natural herbs. It provides relief from ear pain and also protects you from hearing loss problem.
Prevention measures for Earache (pain in ear)
- Put mineral oil before going to swimming.
- Dry your ears after the bath.
- Don’t put anything in your from outside.
- Avoid active and passive smoking.
- Avoid dust and pollution it may cause it may cause you ear