What is Bronchitis? Inflammation and swelling in your bronchial tubes are known as bronchitis. Bronchial tubes carry air to and from lungs. Due to infection, they got inflamed and it causes you bronchitis. Coughing with thick mucus is most common symptoms of bronchitis. Mucus can be red, yellow or green in color. There are two types of bronchitis acute bronchitis and chronic bronchitis which can be cured by natural home remedies.
How do you get bronchitis and is it contagious?
Acute Bronchitis can occur due to respiratory infection, flu or cold. Acute bronchitis is contagious health problem because it is caused by virus and bacteria which are contagious in nature. You can catch bronchitis from someone who has it. Acute Bronchitis can spread from person to person by touching their hand, nose and sometimes while kissing bacteria can be transferred. It can be contagious for a week depending on the type of virus.
Chronic bronchitis occurs because of smoking and this is a serious type. It is not the contagious type of bronchitis.
What are the Types of Bronchitis?
There two types of Bronchitis.
Acute Bronchitis: This is a very common type of bronchitis which last for 7 days. it mainly occurs because of cold, cough or some type of flu.
Chronic Bronchitis: This is a serious type of bronchitis which never go away completely and always coming back. People who smoke are more at risk. This is a type of COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). In chronic bronchitis, you will produce a lot of mucus which may cause coughing and problem in breathing.
What are the Causes of Bronchitis?
Causes of Acute Bronchitis: – Bronchitis is inflammation and swelling in bronchial tubes which are caused by bacteria or virus other allergic particles. Acute bronchitis can be caused by a contagious virus. It can be spread by others when they cough, or by their touch.
Causes of Chronic Bronchitis: – Chronic bronchitis can occur because of damaged lung and airway tissue. Main causes of chronic bronchitis are smoking and other causes can be exposed to air pollution for long period of time and have acute bronchitis again and again.
Signs & Symptoms of Bronchitis
- A cough with or without mucus
- Low fever and chills
- Frequent Chest pain
- Sore throat
- Body pain
- Breathing problem or shortness of breath
- Runny and blocked nose
Home Remedies to Cure Bronchitis fast Permanently
Below are 10 most effective Home remedies to cure bronchitis quickly without antibiotics.
- Cure Bronchitis Fast by Honey
Honey is an effective natural remedy to cure bronchitis fast due to its antibacterial and antiviral properties. It also helps to cure a sore throat and improve your immunity systems.
- One of the simplest ways to deal with bronchitis is to add one teaspoon of honey in your tea. This will sooth your throat and provide relief in a cough.
- Take one cup of warm water add one tablespoon of each honey and lemon. Mix them well and drink two times in a day.
- You can prepare another remedy by making a paste of half teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of ginger paste, 2 clove powder and a pinch of black pepper. Mix them well and make a fine paste. Have this natural remedy twice in a day until you symptoms subsidies.
- Cure Bronchitis Permanently with Ginger
Ginger is an effective natural herb to cure bronchitis and the common cold. It has anti-inflammatory properties which help to treat inflamed and swollen bronchial tubes. This natural herb also boosts your immunity.
- Take one-half teaspoon of each ginger, cinnamon, and cloves and add them in a glass of hot water. Stir this mixture and drink two times in a day until you get relief.
- You can also make a paste of one pepper, ginger powder, and cloves. Take one teaspoon of each and mix them with honey. Take this remedy three times in a day for a week. You can also use milk instead of honey.
- Drinking ginger tea is also very beneficial in bronchitis. To get better result add some black pepper in your tea.
- Salt Water to Get Rid of Bronchitis
Salt water is an oldest and simplest home remedy to help cure bronchitis. Gargling with salt water helps to get rid of mucus and soothe your throat. It also helps to reduce swelling and inflammation in bronchial tubes.
- Take a glass of warm water and one teaspoon of salt. Gargle with salt water as many time as you like in the day. Be careful about the salt quantity don’t add too much.
- Turmeric to Cure Bronchitis Fast
Turmeric is a wonderful natural remedy to heal bronchitis. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties which help to get rid of a cough and inflammation due to bronchitis.
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric and mix with one glass of warm milk. Drink this remedy twice in a day. Drinking this remedy before going to bed can stop having a cough at night.
- Mullein Tea to Cure Bronchitis permanently
Mullein tea is a wonderful home remedy for bronchitis treatment. This remedy helps to treat all type respiratory system related health issue. Drinking mullein tea clears mucus from throat and lungs. This remedy contains saponins, which helps to get rid of phlegm and stops inflammation bronchial tubes.
- Take one cup of boiled water and add one teaspoon of mullein tea leaves. Leave it for 10 minutes then strain the mixture. Drink this tea two times in a day to get relief fast.
- Bronchitis Treatment by Linseed
Linseed is a very effective natural herb to heal bronchitis and clear out mucus fast. Massage poultice of linseed on front and back of your chest which can help you get rid of bronchitis instantly.
- To make a poultice of linseed you need to boil one cup of linseed in one cup of water. Boil them until seeds become a moist and thick paste. Now let it cool down and massage with this poultice before going to bed for instant relief.
- Eucalyptus Oil to Heal Bronchitis
Another best home remedy to get rid of bronchitis quickly. Steam is proven way to clear out mucus but adding eucalyptus oil also helps to cure bronchitis and its symptoms.
- Add few drops of oil to boiling water and inhale the steam by covering your head with a towel.
- Massage eucalyptus oil on your chest also helps to heal bronchitis.
- Sesame Seeds For Bronchitis Cure
Sesame seeds are a wonderful home remedy to treat chronic bronchitis. It also helps to get rid of chest pain and cough. This remedy will clear your mucus in lungs and throat.
- Take one teaspoon of each sesame seeds and linseed and also add one teaspoon of honey. Mix them well and take this remedy before going to bed every day.
- You can also mix a ½ spoon of sesame seeds powder in two teaspoons of water. Take this mixture once in a day until you get relief.
- Mustard to Cure Bronchitis
Mustard is a great home remedy for bronchitis. Applying mustard and flour paste on your chest helps to heal chest pain and other symptoms.
- Take mustard and flour in 1:4 ratio and make a thin paste by adding some water to it. Before applying this mixture on your chest, massage your chest with olive oil. Use it care fully and apply this mixture when it’s not too hot. You can do this remedy once in a day for few days.
- Onion For Bronchitis Treatment
Another simple home remedy for bronchitis cure. It has antiviral and antibacterial properties which help to kill germs causing irritation in the throat and soothe your throat.
- Drink two teaspoons of the onion juice empty stomach in the morning.
How Long Does it Take to Recover from Bronchitis?
Acute bronchitis can last for 3 to 10 days and cough due to bronchitis can last for weeks and it can go away on its own. Chronic bronchitis can last for three months of the year for two consecutive years. If you have symptoms of cold and cough for more than 3 weeks, chest pain, the problem in breathing or high body temperature (Fever) then visits your doctor.
Risk Factor involves in Bronchitis
Below factors may increase the chance of having bronchitis.
- Premature birth because infant younger than 3 months have very weak immunity system. And also their lungs are not fully developed.
- Smoking tobacco can lead you to chronic bronchitis.
- An underlying heart or lung disease
- Weak immune system
- Never having been breastfed
- Living in a polluted and crowded environment
- You are at more risk of having bronchitis if you are working in an environment which has a lot of lung irritants, such as grains or textiles, or chemical fumes.
- Old people are also more at risk due to their weak immune system.
Allergic Bronchitis Food to Avoid
Healthy is very important if you fighting against any kind of flu, chest congestion or bronchitis. You should know what to eat and what not eat during bronchitis.
- Avoid food with high fat and sugar. Food which contains high amount of sugar is soft drinks, milk chocolate, pancake syrup, Candy, jelly, frosting, cookies, pastries, muffins etc.
- Do not take milk and dairy product. A dairy product like cream-based soups, cheese, cheesecake, ice cream, Alfredo sauce etc. should be avoided.
- Fried food or junk food should be avoided.
- Avoid eating salty food like French fries, crackers, tortilla, potato chips, and processed meats during Bronchitis cure.
Bronchitis Prevention Tips
Follow below tips to avoid bronchitis keep coming.
- First of all, you need to stop smoking if you have chronic bronchitis. Smoking will make it worst and can lead you to Asthma.
- If you are suffering from COPD then you can use a face mask to avoid allergens, dust or fumes.
- Do not let anyone smoking around you.
- Avoid sharing food with other people.
- If you have a cold or any other flu then you should take proper rest.
- Be Hygienic and wash your hand regularly to prevent Bronchitis.