How to cure acidity naturally: What is acidity? It is very common health problem nowadays. Acidity happens because of excessive production of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. It is a symptom of acid reflux or Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) which is a more severe form of acid reflux. Heartburn is very common symptoms of acidity. The acidity mainly occurs because of spicy food, or lack of physical activity or stress. This is not a very serious problem if it’s not happening more than once in a week. If acidity is happening more than twice in a week you need medical attention. You can also take below effective Home remedies to cure Acidity naturally and permanently.
What causes acidity and why it happens?
Your stomach produces gastric or hydrochloric acid (HCl) to help digestion. Acidity issues arise when there is the excess production of acid due to acidic foods, alcohol, dehydration and stress. Below is the very common reason behind acidity.
- Spicy food
- Non-vegetarian food
- Consumption of alcohol and Smoking
- Underlying medical condition like stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), stomach tumors etc.
- Certain medication can cause you acidity or heartburn.
- Being overweight is also could be one of the cause for acidity.
- Carbonated drinks, coffee, or tea
- A pregnant woman is more at risk to get acidity or heartburn.
- Irregular eating habits
- Lack of physical activity
- Food or snacks just before bed time.
What are the symptoms of acidity?
Below are the common signs and symptoms of acidity –
- Burning in the stomach and throat
- Stomach ache
- Bad breath
- Bloody or black stools or bloody vomiting
- A sour or bitter-tasting acid backing up into your throat or mouth.
Home Remedies for Stomach Acidity Cure Naturally Permanently
Buttermilk is simple and very effective home remedy to cure acidity. It contains lactic acid which helps to neutralize excessive acid in the stomach. Buttermilk also a good remedy to cure constipation and improve the digestive system.
- You can drink plain buttermilk 3-4 times a day until you get relief. Add a little black pepper to it or one teaspoon of ground coriander leaves for best results.
- Make a paste of water and one teaspoon of crushed fenugreek seeds. Add this paste to one glass of buttermilk. Drink this home remedy 2-3 times in a day to get quick relief from acidity.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda id good medicine to control acidity. It has pH level more than 7 which helps to neutralize acid in the stomach.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda and mix with 250 ml of water. Drink this solution 2-3 times in a day. Note- avoid using baking soda more than a week straight, because it is high in salt and can have side effects such as swelling or nausea.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is an effective remedy to reduce inflammation caused by acidity. It also improves your digestion system and prevents from acid reflux.
- Drink a ½ cup of fresh aloe vera juice before meals.
- Cold Milk
Milk is another good home remedy for acidity control. It can help you to neutralize acid in the stomach. Milk contain a high amount of acid which prevent acid build up in the stomach.
- Drink one glass of cold milk to avoid acidity.
- Fennel Seeds
Fennel is a good natural herb which helps to get rid acidity. It carminative properties which improve digestive system of your body.
- Take one teaspoon of fennel seeds and steep in a cup of hot water for few minutes. Strain this solution drink 2-3 times in a day.
- You can also chew some aniseed after eating a heavy or spicy meal.
Ginger is a beneficial natural remedy for acidity treatment. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce heartburn. This also helps to neutralize stomach acids.
- Take a teaspoon of ginger juice 3 times a day is a good remedy to stop acidity.
- You can also make ginger tea. Take fresh ginger slices and steep in boiling water for few minutes. Then strain this mixture and drink twice in a day.
- You can also chew ginger if you are feeling acidity.
- Basil Leaves
Basil leaves are the best ayurvedic remedy to cure acid at home. It has soothing and carminative properties which reduce inflammation and irritation and gives you instant relief from acidity.
- If you feel you got acidity, chew fresh basil leaves. It will provide you relief quickly.
- You can also make tea from basil leaves. Take few leaves of basil and boil in one glass of water. Let it simmer for a few minutes and you can add honey for taste. Drink this basil tea 2-3 times in a day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful remedy to get rid of acidity. It has an alkalizing effect which helps to reduce acid level in the body and also cure heartburn.
- Take one teaspoon of apple cider and mix with 250 ml of water Drink this mixture throughout the day.
Another good home remedy which you can easily find in your kitchen. Cloves is a good way to fight acidity. This herb helps to control acidity due to their carminative effect that increases hydrochloric acid in the stomach
- Take equal amount of crushed cloves and cardamom and eat them minimize acid trouble and freshen bad breath.
- You can chew two to three cloves thoroughly.
- Cumin Seeds
Cumin seeds can also be used to cure acidity. This remedy works as a great acid neutralizer. Also, it improves digestion and relieves stomach pain.
- Take one teaspoon of cumin seeds and boil in one glass of water. Drink this solution after every meal to get rid of acidity.
- You can also take crushed and roasted cumin seeds. Mix cumin powder in a glass of water. Drink it after every meal for few weeks to get rid of acidity.
- Another way to use this remedy is to mix one teaspoon each of coriander seed powder, cumin seed powder, fennel seed powder and some sugar in one-half cup of water. Drink it on an empty stomach in the morning for a better result.
How to Stop or Reduce Acidity: Prevention tips
If you are suffering from heartburn follow below tips to prevent heartburn.
- Eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day.
- Avoid fried, spicy, or fatty foods.
- Drink less water or any other beverage while eating.
- Drink more water or fluid during the whole day.
- Keep the head of your bed higher than the foot of your bed.
- Place pillows under your shoulders to help prevent stomach acids from rising into your chest.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing.
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothes because they can increase the pressure on your stomach and abdomen.
- Have a glass of lukewarm water every day.
- Try not to get constipation.
- Do not eat heavy before going to bed.
- Jaggery, lemon, banana, almonds and yogurt are a great home remedy for acidity relief.
Best Ayurvedic medicine for acidity in the stomach
Amalaki Rasayan – It is a good ayurvedic medicine for acidity control. The Amalaki Rasayan contains the high source of vitamin C which is well known for its anti-oxidant activity. Amalaki Rasayana helps to balance acid level in the body. Take 1-2 capsules once or twice daily immediate relief from acidity.
Baba Ramdev Ayurvedic Remedy & Medicine to cure Acidity
- Divya Avipattikara Churna: This herbal remedy helps to cure acidity naturally. It is one of the best ayurvedic herbal remedies that provides immediate relief from acidity. It is useful in chronic cases of acidity like GERD.
- Divya Mukta Sukti Bhasm: This Baba Ramdev ayurvedic remedy is an important and traditional herbal remedy to treat acidity. Take this remedy every day to improve your digestive system and prevent from acidity.
As we know today’s lifestyle is full of competition, hectic and time consuming, stressful, the need of best alternatives to take care our body is required. The long use of chemical-driven drugs has some negative impact on the health. It is well known and has been accepted that the natural and ayurvedic remedy don’t impact on your body. So, here we try to give you best Home Remedies to cure Acidity Naturally & Permanently. Your feedback is appreciated and comment below.