How to Cure a Hangover? A hangover is a group of unpleasant signs and side effects that can develop after heavy drinking. It is the very common rule, the more you drink, and the more likely you are to have a hangover the next day. But there’s no amount of alcohol to tell you that how much you can safely drink and still avoid a hangover. There is no medical cure for a hangover but with help of home remedies, you can get rid of a hangover.
- How Long does a Hangover last
- Best Food Drinks Home Remedies to Cure Hangover
- Cure A Hangover With Lemon Drink
- Drink More Water To Stop Hangover
- Honey A Cure for Hangover
- Beat a Hangover with Egg and Toast
- How to Get Rid of Hangover with Tomato Juice
- Ginger is Good Remedy for Hangover
- Peppermint for Hangover Cure Fast
- Banana A Hangover Cure Food
- Vegetable Soup to Get Rid of a Hangover
- Oil Pulling (A Way for Hangover Treatment)
How Long does a Hangover last
Hangover is normally can last for 24 hours. The very common side effects of drinking are a migraine, feels dazed, tired, confounded, sleepy and thirsty. It can happen anytime but most it occurs at morning. The main cause of hangover symptoms is dehydration. A hangover can also cause you lack of concentration, feeling irritable and sensitive to light.
What are the causes of Hangover?
Hangover occurs due to drinking heavy alcohol. However, there are some other factors which may increase the chances of getting a hangover:
- Urination: While drinking you urge to go washroom more often. Excessive urination during drinking can cause you dehydration.
- Immune System: Excessive drinking can affect your immune system and you feel inflammation. It may affect your appetite, concentration, and memory.
- Stomach Irritation: Drinking alcohol increase the acid level in the stomach and also slow down the acid consumption. The increase in acid level can cause you vomiting, nausea, and stomachache.
- Drop in Blood Sugar: For some people, alcohol can cause a drop in blood sugar level. It may result in shakiness, moodiness, tiredness, general weakness, and even seizures in some cases.
- Sleep Quality: After drinking sleeping is very normal but sometime you may wake up tired and still sleepy.
- Widening of Veins: Alcohol consumption can expand your blood vessels which can result in a migraine.
- Congeners: These are substances that are produced during maturation and are responsible for most of the taste and aroma in distilled drinks.
Hangover Sign and Symptoms
A symptom is something the sufferer or patient feels and describes, such as feeling dehydration or a migraine. And a sign is something everybody, including the doctor or nurse, can detect, such as red eyes, or a rash.
The signs and symptoms of a hangover generally start to occur when blood alcohol drops drastically. Mostly it happens in the morning after a night of heavy alcohol consumption, and may include:
- Increased heartbeat
- Red eyes
- Body and muscle aches
- Halitosis (bad breath)
- Photophobia or sensitivity to light
- Lethargy, tiredness, fatigue, listlessness
- Problems focusing or concentrating
- Sensitivity to loud sounds
- Depression (dysphoria)
- Irritability, moodiness
- Trembling or shakiness, erratic motor functions
Sometimes sign and symptoms of heavy alcohol drinking could be very severe and dangerous. If you have any of the below symptoms please visit a doctor.
- Problem in breathing
- Confusion or stupor.
- Fits (seizures)
- Body temperature drops (Hypothermia)
- Loses consciousness
- The skin becomes pale or takes on a blue tinge.
- Continue vomiting
Best Food Drinks Home Remedies to Cure Hangover
How to get rid of a hangover fast? If you have a hangover and need to catch an urgent meeting or a date or family gathering. First, you should know that there is no medical treatment for a hangover. Although there are wonderful natural remedies which can cure a hangover.
Cure A Hangover With Lemon Drink
Lemon is a good natural remedy for a hangover. It helps to get rid of hangover symptoms like vomiting, dizziness, sensitivity to light and sound, and muscle pain. Lemon also helps you to keep hydrated and prevent you from dehydration.
- After drinking heavy in the night first thing you should do in the morning is take one teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of lemon. Mix lemon and honey in a glass of warm water. Drink this mixture in morning and throughout the day,
Drink More Water To Stop Hangover
Dehydration is one of the main symptoms of a hangover and to prevent it you need to drink plenty of water. Water keeps your body hydrated and dilutes the impurities left in your stomach. At least drink eight to 10 glasses of water throughout the day. You can also drink a few glasses of electrolyte-replenishing sports drinks. Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages, as they contribute to dehydration.
Honey A Cure for Hangover
Honey is another good remedy for hangover symptoms. It is rich in potassium which helps to neutralize alcohol in the body. It also contains fructose, a type of sugar that helps metabolize the extra alcohol in the body.
- Take 2 or 3 teaspoons of honey at one-hour intervals until the hangover symptoms are reduced.
- You can also take honey with toast many times in a day.
Beat a Hangover with Egg and Toast
Eating egg with few slice of plain toast is a good remedy to get rid of hangover symptoms. Toast contain starches which are a decent wellspring of recuperation supplements. Additionally, the carbon in toast helps to dilute the impurities in the body due to alcohol. The egg gives cysteine that separates the liquor in the body and reduces the hangover symptoms.
How to Get Rid of Hangover with Tomato Juice
Another good home remedy to subsidize a hangover side effects. Tomato juice contains fructose, a type of sugar that helps your body metabolize alcohol fast. It is also rich in the vitamins, minerals, and enzymes that help to overcome the after-effects of drinking quickly.
- Take one glass of fresh tomato juice and add one teaspoon of each honey and lemon juice. You can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper. Drink this mixture in the morning to reduce hangover symptoms.
Ginger is Good Remedy for Hangover
Ginger is a well known natural ingredient to cure nausea and vomiting. It helps to metabolize alcohol and provide fast relief from a hangover.
- You can chew raw ginger throughout the day and ginger tea is also beneficial for a hangover cure.
- Take 4 to 6 slices of fresh ginger root and boil in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes. Strain this mixture and add the juice of one orange, half a lemon and one-half cup of honey. Drink this mixture while it is still warm. Try to drink this mixture 3-4 times in a day.
Peppermint for Hangover Cure Fast
Another wonderful natural herb to cure hangover at home. Peppermint is good for digestion system which helps to cure hangover symptoms like tension, bloating and nausea. It also boosts the detoxification process in the body.
- Take few fresh leaves of peppermint and chew them throughout the day.
- You can prepare a cup of peppermint tea to get rid of a hangover fast. Take one teaspoon of dried peppermint add in one cup of boiling water and steep it for 10 minutes.
Banana A Hangover Cure Food
Banana is a good remedy to regain the potassium lost because of excessive drinking. They very good resource of potassium. Banana also helps to soothe stomach pain and increase your energy level.
- After drinking in night eat one or two bananas with your breakfast.
- You can also drink banana milkshake sweetened with honey to get rid of a hangover fast.
Vegetable Soup to Get Rid of a Hangover
After heavy drinking you will feel tired and lack of energy in the body. Vegetable soups are a good source of vitamins and minerals. It is additionally impeccable on the off chance that you are feeling extremely delicate and may battle to keep down strong foods.
- Eat a bowl of soup in the morning and 1 bowl before going to bed to reduce hangover symptoms.
Oil Pulling (A Way for Hangover Treatment)
Oil pulling is one of the best ways to cure a hangover. It can cure an extremely bad hangover with an ease. Oil pulling also helps remove harmful toxins from within the body.
- Take one tablespoon of coconut oil and swish it around your mouth and through your teeth. Keep doing this for 15 to 20 minutes and then spit it out. Wash your mouth with water. Do this remedy in the morning with an empty stomach before you even brush your teeth.
A hangover is a very common problem for people who drinks alcohol. As we mentioned above that there is no medical treatment for this problem. We appreciate your feedback and suggestion. If you know any remedy which we haven’t mention here please comment below. But above remedy will help you cure a hangover fast at home.