How to cure asthma at home? Asthma (Az-ma) is a chronic lung disease that causes inflammation and narrowing of the bronchial tubes. Very common symptoms of asthma are shortness of breath, hearing a wheezing or whistling sound in the chest, or cough for a long time. 26 million people have asthma in the USA, out of which 7 million asthma patients are children. Asthma is a genetic disease that runs from one generation to another generation.
50 % of patients suffer because their family had this disease at some point in time in their lives, and the rest are suffering because of environmental effects. There are treatments that can cure this disease. You can cure Asthma at home with natural remedies without medicine and live a healthy and active life.
Asthma affects on airways system of the body
- Airway obstruction: Airways are tubes that carry air to the lungs, and it gets inflamed if a person has Asthma. The airways tube can swell because of inflammation, and it reacts strongly to a certain inhaled substance. When the airway responds, the muscle got tight and caused less airflow into the lungs.
- Inflammation: If you have asthma your bronchial tubes are red and swollen because of inflammation. Inflammation can cause long-term Asthma and that leads to damage to your lungs. One way to manage asthma is to control inflammation.
- Airway Irritability: Asthma patient tends to have very sensitive airways. They narrow down and overreact to pollen, animal dander, dust, or fumes.
Types of Asthma
There are many types of Asthma and depend on the various factors which we listed below. There is a type in which Asthma attacks worsen at night or while doing exercise etc.
- Allergic Asthma: Allergies and asthma go hand in hand, and it is the most common type of asthma in children. Research has shown that 90% of kids with asthma have allergies to something. In adults, it’s 50% but still a considerable number. If you have allergic asthma, your airways become very sensitive towards allergens (Allergy triggers). These allergens could be mold, roaches, pollens, and pet dander. Breathing these allergens could trigger an Asthma attack.
- Asthma without Allergies: This type of asthma occurs due to respiratory infections like cold, flu, and rhinovirus, etc.
- Exercise-induced Asthma: This type of asthma is triggered by physical exercise. People with asthma can have an asthma attack when they exercise. On another hand, there are people they only have the asthma attack during exercise.
- Cough Variant Asthma: If you have a cough for more than three weeks, then you may have asthma.
- Occupational asthma: If you only have an asthma attack at your workplace, you may have occupational asthma.
- Nighttime Asthma: Asthma at night also known as nocturnal asthma. Studies show that asthma-related death mostly happens because of asthma at night.
How To Cure Asthma – Symptoms
- Chest pain
- The pressure in the chest
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty sleeping
- Increased mucus
Causes of Asthma, what triggers the asthma attack?
- Allergens, such as pollen, dust, and mold spores, animal dander etc.
- Respiratory infections, such as cold, flu, etc.
- Physical activity
- Cold air
- Air pollutants, such as smoke.
- Some medications may trigger an asthma attack, including beta-blockers, aspirin, and ibuprofen.
- Strong emotions and stress may trigger an asthma attack.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a condition in which stomach acids back up into your throat and may trigger an asthma attack.
How To Cure Asthma Without Medicine – Home Remedies
As there is no permanent cure for asthma but there are many treatments which help you to live a healthy normal life. Natural remedies are one of the best treatment of asthma without medicine at home.
- Bitter Gourd
Bitter Gourd is a good home remedy for asthma cure. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to stop inflammation in airway tubes.
Ways to take bitter gourd to get rid of asthma
- Bitter gourd juice- Take bitter gourd juice, add basil leaves paste, and honey.
- Shake it well and drink this mixture twice a day to get relief from asthma.
One of the most used ingredients for natural home remedies and also used for asthma. It also works as an anti-inflammatory and reduces the swelling of airway tubes.
Ways to take ginger for asthma treatment.
- Ginger juice- Take an equal quantity of ginger juice, pomegranate juice, and honey mix it well. Consuming one teaspoon of this mixture thrice a day will help you to cure asthma attacks. You can mix one teaspoon ginger juice in half a cup of water and take this at bedtime.
- Ginger with boiling water- Take the one-inch piece of grated ginger and boil it for 5 minutes in a pot of water. Let the water cool down and drink it twice a day.
- Fenugreek with Ginger- Take one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and boil them in one cup of water. Add one teaspoon each of ginger juice and honey to it. Let cool down and drink this mixture in the morning to get relief from asthma. It is also a good natural remedy for lung detoxification.
- Eucalyptus Oil
Another good home remedy for asthma treatment. It has decongestant properties that are mainly used for allergic asthma treatment. Eucalyptus Oil also helps to flush out the mucus.
Ways to take Eucalyptus Oil
- Inhaling Eucalyptus oil- Take a paper towel or clean cotton cloth and put a few drops of eucalyptus oil on it. Keep the towel around your while you are sleeping is the best way to treat asthma without an inhaler.
- Steam- You can also take it as steam. Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in boiling water and take steam. Take a deep breath for a better result, and it will also help to break down mucus.
Honey is also one of the oldest natural ways to cure asthma.
Ways to take honey to stop asthma symptoms
- Syrup with cinnamon- Take one teaspoon of honey with a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder before going to bed. It will help to flush out mucus, and you can have a sound sleep.
- Honey water- Take one glass of water and mix one teaspoon of honey. Drinking this three times a day helps you to stop asthma symptoms.
- Inhaling honey is also a proper home remedy to cure asthma without an inhaler.
Onion has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce inflammation in the airway and lungs of an asthma patient.
Way to take onion
- You can eat raw or cooked onion to get rid of inflammation in the lungs and airway.
Fishes contain Omega-3 fatty acids which help to cure asthma symptoms. Consuming fishes are good for the lungs and also help in detoxification of the lungs.
Ways to take fishes for asthma treatment.
- You can eat cooked fishes such as salmon, tuna, and sardines. And if you can’t eat fish take fish oil.
- Gooseberries (Amla)
Gooseberry helps in the detoxification of the lung and makes it stronger. It also helps to reduce inflammation in airway tubes.
Ways to take gooseberry
- Take two fresh gooseberries and crush them. Add some honey to it and eat this mixture to stop an asthma attack.
- Parsley Leaf
Parsley leaf is another good home remedy to cure an asthma cough. It provides instant relief from an asthma cough.
Way to take parsley Leaf
- Parsley leaf tea- Make a tea from parsley leaves and drink twice a day to get relief from chest pain and congestion.
- It also soothes the throat and reduces inflammation in the airway.
- You can add honey if you don’t like the taste.
- Mustard Oil
Massage with mustard oil helps you to get instant relief from an asthma attack. This natural home remedy helps to clear the respiratory system and restore normal breathing.
Way to massage Mustard oil for asthma attack treatment
- Heat mustard oil for 5 minutes and then let it cool down.
- When mustard oil becomes lukewarm, then massage on your chest and back until you get relief from an asthma attack.
- Massage twice or thrice a day for better and fast results.
Figs contain a high amount of vitamins, fibers, and minerals. This fruit is used to cure many diseases including asthma. Figs help to stop a cough and wheezing without an inhaler.
Way to take fig-
- Take some dried figs and soak them in water overnight.
- Eat soaked fig and drink fig water in the morning empty stomach.
- Take this until you get relief from an asthma cough and wheezing.
Preventive tips for Asthma Attack Patient
- Avoid cold and damp places if you have allergic asthma.
- Go for morning or evening walk daily
- Avoid overeating.
- Quit Tobacco, wine, and smoking
- Keep rooms well ventilated.
- Drink boiled water in plenty
- Avoid heavy exercise
- Avoid overindulgence in sex
- Don’t keep pets if you are allergic to them.