Asthma (Az-ma) is a chronic lung disease that causes inflammation and narrowing of the bronchial tubes. Very common symptoms of asthma are shortness of breath, hearing wheezing or whistling sound in the chest, or a cough for a long time. 26 million people have asthma in the USA in out of which 7 million asthma patient are children. Asthma is a genetic disease which runs from one generation to another generation. 50 % of patient suffer because of their family had this disease at some point in time in their lives, and rest are suffering because of environment effect. There are treatments which can cure this disease. You can cure Asthma at home by natural remedies without medicine and live a healthy and active life.
Asthma effects on airways system of the body
- Airway obstruction: Airways are tubes that carry air to lungs, and it gets inflamed if a person has Asthma. The airways tube can swell because of inflammation, and it reacts strongly to certain inhaled substance. When airway responds, muscle got tight and caused less air flow into the lungs.
- Inflammation: If you have asthma your bronchial tubes are red and swollen because of inflammation. Inflammation can cause you long term Asthma and that lead to damage your lungs. One way to manage asthma is to control inflammation.
- Airway Irritability: Asthma patient tends to have very sensitive airways. They narrow down and overreact to pollen, animal dander, dust, or fumes.
Type of Asthma.
There are many types of Asthma and depends on a various factor which we listed below. There is type in which Asthma attack worsen at night or while doing exercise etc.
- Allergic Asthma: Allergies and asthma go hand in hand, and it is the most common type of asthma in children. Research has shown that 90% of kids with asthma have allergies to something. In adults, it’s 50% but still a considerable number. If you have allergic asthma, your airways become very sensitive towards allergens (Allergy trigger). These allergens could be mold, roaches, pollens and pet dander. Breathing these allergens could trigger Asthma attack.
- Asthma without Allergies: In this type of asthma occur due to respiratory infection like cold, flu, and rhinovirus, etc.
- Exercise-induced Asthma: This type of asthma is triggered by physical exercise. People with asthma can have the asthma attack when they exercise. On another hand, there are people they only have the asthma attack during exercise.
- Cough variant Asthma: If you have a cough for more than three weeks, then you may have asthma.
- Occupational asthma: If you only have an asthma attack at your workplace, you may have occupational asthma.
- Nighttime Asthma: Asthma at night also known as nocturnal asthma. Studies show that asthma-related death mostly happens because of asthma at night.
Symptoms of Asthma:
- Chest pain
- The pressure in the chest
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty sleeping
- Increased mucus
Causes of Asthma, what triggers the asthma attack?
- Allergens, such as pollen, dust, and mold spores, animal dander etc.
- Respiratory infections, such as cold, flu, etc.
- Physical activity
- Cold air
- Air pollutant, such as smoke.
- Some medications may trigger an asthma attack, including beta blockers, aspirin, and ibuprofen.
- Strong emotions and stress may trigger the asthma attack.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a condition in which stomach acids back up into your throat and may trigger the asthma attack.
Homemade Remedies to cure Asthma without medicine
As there is no permanent cure for asthma but there are many treatments which help you to live a healthy normal life. Natural remedies are one of the best treatment of asthma without medicine at home.
- Bitter Gourd
Bitter Gourd is a good home remedy for asthma cure. It has anti-inflammatory properties which help to stop inflammation in airway tubes.
Ways to take bitter gourd to get rid of asthma
- Bitter gourd juice- Take bitter gourd juice, add basil leaves paste and honey. Shake it well and drink this mixture twice in a day to get relief from asthma.
One of the most used ingredients for natural home remedies and also used for asthma. It also works as the anti-inflammatory and reduces swelling of airway tubes.
Ways to take ginger for asthma treatment.
- Ginger juice- Take equal quantity of ginger juice, pomegranate juice, and honey mix it well. Consuming one teaspoon of this mixture thrice a day will help you to cure asthma attack. You can mix one teaspoon ginger juice in half cup of water and take this at bedtime.
- Ginger with boiling water- Take the one-inch piece of grated ginger and boil it for 5 minutes in a pot of water. Let the water cool down and drink it twice in a day.
- Fenugreek with Ginger- Take one tablespoon fenugreek seeds and boil them in one cup of water. Add one teaspoon each of ginger juice and honey to it. Let cool down and drink this mixture in the morning to get relief from asthma. It is also a good natural remedy for lung detoxification.
- Eucalyptus Oil
Another good home remedy for asthma treatment. It has decongestant properties which are mainly used for allergic asthma treatment. Eucalyptus Oil also helps to flush out the mucus.
Ways to take Eucalyptus Oil
- Inhaling Eucalyptus oil- Take a paper towel or clean cotton cloth and put few drop of eucalyptus oil on it. Keep the towel around your while you are sleeping is the best way to treat asthma without an inhaler.
- Steam- You can also take it as steam. Put few drop of eucalyptus oil in boiling water and take steam. Take a deep breath for a better result, and it will also help to break down mucus.
Honey is also one of the oldest natural ways to cure asthma.
Ways to take honey to stop asthma symptoms
- Syrup with cinnamon- Take one teaspoon of honey with a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder before going to bed. It will help to flush out mucus, and you can have a sound sleep.
- Honey water- Take one glass of water and mix one teaspoon of honey. Drinking this three times a day helps you to stop asthma symptoms.
- Inhaling honey is also a proper home remedy to cure asthma without an inhaler.
Onion has anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce inflammation in airway and lungs of an asthma patient.
Way to take onion
- You can eat raw or cooked onion to get rid of inflammation in lungs and airway.
Fishes contain Omega-3 fatty acids which help to cure asthma symptoms. Consuming fishes are good for lungs and also help in detoxification of lungs.
Ways to take fishes for asthma treatment.
- You can eat cooked fishes such as salmon, tuna, and sardines. And if you can’t eat fish take fish oil.
- Gooseberries (Amla)
Gooseberry helps in detoxification of lung and make it stronger. It also helps to reduce inflammation in airway tubes.
Ways to take gooseberry
- Take two fresh gooseberries and crush them. Add some honey to it and eat this mixture to stop an asthma attack.
- Parsley Leaf
Parsley leaf is another good home remedy to cure an asthma cough. It provides instant relief from an asthma cough.
Way to take parsley Leaf
- Parsley leaf tea- Make a tea from parsley leaves and drink twice a day to get relief from chest pain and congestion. It also soothes the throat and reduces inflammation in the airway. You can add honey if you don’t like the taste.
- Mustard Oil
Massage with mustard oil helps you to get instant relief from an asthma attack. This natural home remedy helps to clear the respiratory system and restore normal breathing.
Way to massage Mustard oil for asthma attack treatment
- Mustard oil massage- Heat mustard oil for 5 minutes and then let it cool down. When mustard oil becomes lukewarm, then massage on your chest and back until you get relief from an asthma attack. Massage twice or thrice in a day for better and fast result.
Figs contain the high amount of vitamins, fibers, and minerals. This fruit is used to cure many diseases including asthma. Figs help to stop a cough and wheezing without an inhaler.
Way to take fig-
- Take some dried figs and soak them in water for overnight. Eat soaked fig and drink fig water in the morning empty stomach. Take this until you get relief from an asthma cough and wheezing.
Preventive tips for Asthma Attack Patient
- Avoid cold and damp places if you have allergic asthma.
- Go for morning or evening walk daily
- Avoid overeating.
- Quit Tobacco, wine, and smoking
- Keep rooms well ventilated.
- Drink boiled water in plenty
- Avoid heavy exercise
- Avoid overindulgence in sex
- Don’t keep pets if you are allergic to them