What is psoriasis and what does it look like? Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease which occurs due to excessive growth of skin cells. New skin cells developed in a day instead of a week. Skin cells start piling up on the skin and cause patches. They are thick, red, scaly patches on the skin. Psoriasis can occur on elbows, knees, scalp, palms, back, face, and feet but can occur in other parts of the body too. This is a long lasting skin problem but you can cure psoriasis permanently by the natural home remedy.
Psoriasis occurs when your immunity is not working properly. Cell turnover process takes months normally but during psoriasis, it takes the only day to complete. People with serious health conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, and stress are more at risk.
Psoriasis mainly occurs to people aged between 15-40 years, but it can occur at any age. It’s very rare but an infant can have psoriasis. Psoriasis is not a contagious skin disease.
What are the types of Psoriasis?
There is mainly five type psoriasis which includes.
- Plaque Psoriasis: This is most common and serious type of psoriasis. It can be painful, itchy and some skin breaks up and bleed. Plaque psoriasis is red patches which are covered in with a thick layer of dead skin cells. It mainly occurs on knees, elbow, scalp and lowers back.
- Guttate Psoriasis: This type of psoriasis mainly occur in childhood or young adulthood. They are small, red dot like spots on the skin. Guttate psoriasis can be triggered by respiratory infections, strep or a sore throat, tonsillitis, depression, some injury, and medications. It is second most common type psoriasis after plaque.
- Inverse Psoriasis: It mainly occurred at the fold parts of the body such as armpit, under the breast, knee, and groin area. Inverse psoriasis is bright red in color.
- Pustular Psoriasis: They are white psoriasis surrounded by red skin.This type of psoriasis consists pus of white blood cells.Pustular mainly occurs on hand and feet but can appear on any parts of the body.
- Erythrodermic Psoriasis: This a periodic type of psoriasis which is a fiery redness of the skin. It occurs because of psoriasis treatment, excessive sunburn, skin infection, and medications. This type of psoriasis required medical attention because if the left untreated can lead to serious skin disease.
What are the Causes of Psoriasis?
Medical science is still unsure about the causes of psoriasis. But many researchers believe that this problem is related to immunity system, genetic disorder, or could be a problem of T cells and other WBC (white blood cells) which is known neutrophils.
Psoriasis may be triggered by a strep infection, skin infections. Other triggers which may include:-
- Excessive sunburn
- Stress or depression
- Some kind injury to the skull
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Lack of vitamin D
- Certain medications
Symptoms for Psoriasis on Scalp Leg or Hand
- Red patches on the skin.
- Small red spots
- Burning sensation
- Swollen joints
- Thickened nails
- Bleeding Skin
- Loose Silvery Scales
Home Remedies for Psoriasis Cure Permanently
Psoriasis is skin problem which occurs due to overgrowth of cells. There is no particular reason behind why this occurs? This skin problem could be chronic. If you are already taking medication for psoriasis then check with your doctor before taking home remedies. Follow below home remedy to treat psoriasis permanently at home.
- Aloe Vera to Cure Psoriasis
Aloe vera gel is an effective home remedy to treat psoriasis. It helps to control redness and scaling due to psoriasis.
- You can apply fresh aloe vera gel on affected area, Repeat this remedy three times a day.
- Alternatively, you can buy a cream from the medical store which contains 0.5 % aloe vera.
- Tea Tree Oil for Scalp Psoriasis Treatment
Tea tree oil has antiseptic and antibacterial properties which help to treat psoriasis. If you are allergic to tea tree oil do not use this remedy.
- Mix tea tree oil with your shampoo and wash your hair daily. It will help you to get rid of scalp psoriasis.
- Turmeric to Getting Rid of Psoriasis
Another wonderful remedy to treat psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis flares. Turmeric has antioxidant, antibiotic, and anti-inflammatory properties which help in treating psoriasis.
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric every day with water.
- You can add turmeric to your food and consume daily.
- Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Psoriasis
Apple cider vinegar helps to reduce itching and inflammation due to psoriasis. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help to treat psoriasis at home. If you have open wounds or cracks do not use this remedy.
- Take raw apple cider vinegar and dip a cotton ball in it. Apply apple cider vinegar on affected area twice in a day.
- You can also dilute apple cider vinegar with water in 1:1 ratio and apply on your affected area.
- Psoriasis Home Treatment Baking Soda
Baking soda is a very good home remedy to stop itching immediately. It also helps to reduce inflammation due to psoriasis.
- Take 1 ½ cup of baking soda and mix with 3 gallons of water. Apply this mixture on affected area with the help of washcloth for instant relief.
- Fish Oil to Get Rid of Psoriasis Fast
Psoriasis is related to immune system and fish oil helps to improve immunity system. It contains omega-3 fatty acids which help to treat this skin problem.
- Consume 3-10 gram of fish oil daily.
- Eat fish many times in a week.
- Psoriasis Natural Treatment Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains many nutrient and enzymes which are very beneficial for skin. This natural home remedy has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Coconut oil not only cures psoriasis but also helps to get rid of its symptoms like itching, redness, inflammation etc.
- Take a warm bath and let the skin dry and soft. Now apply coconut oil on the affected area. Do this remedy every day until you get relief.
- Argan Oil For Psoriasis Cure Fast
Argan oil contains vitamin E and many fatty acids which not only cure skin rash, eczema but also treat psoriasis.
- Take 3-5 drop of argan oil and mix with palms oil. Massage with this mixture gently on affected area for 5 minutes. Then wash the affected area with water. Do this remedy once or twice in a day until you get relief.
- Chamomile for Psoriasis Treatment
Chamomile has anti-inflammatory properties which help to cure psoriasis.
- Apply chamomile oil with the help of cotton ball on the affected area. Repeat this remedy twice in a day for quick relief.
- Olive Oil for Psoriasis Cure
Another wonderful home remedy to cure psoriasis. Olive oil has a good amount of fatty acids and vitamin E.
- Apply extra virgin olive oil on affected area twice in a day. It will help to remove the dead cell from the skin by making skin softer.
How to Prevent Psoriasis from Spreading
- Keep your skin moist with the help of moisturizer.
- Take healthy diet full of nutrients and protein.
- Avoid taking medicine which contains lithium, Propranolol etc.
- Do exercise and yoga to reduce stress.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid junk food.
- Try not to sleep in afternoons.
Permanent Cure for Psoriasis in Ayurveda (Medicine)
Ayurveda is an Indian ancient medical practice which is developed to cure health problems. Many researchers have found that ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis is proven very effective. In India, Ayurvedic medicine and process are originated 3000 years back.
In Ayurveda, Psoriasis occurs due to two doshas- Vata and Kapha. Before using ayurvedic medicine you need to make some dietary changes. Ayurvedic medicine is more effective when you avoid non vegetarian food. You should also avoid food that is spicy, salty or acidic.
Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Psoriasis Treatment
- Sesame Seeds– Soak 15-20 sesame seeds in a cup of water. Leave it for overnight then drink on this Sesame water empty stomach in the morning. Repeat this remedy until you get rid of psoriasis.
- Bitter Gourd Juice– Extract 1-2 cup of fresh bitter gourd juice and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat this remedy for 5-6 months. You can add one tablespoon of lemon juice if you don’t like the taste.
Yoga for Psoriasis Treatment
Psoriasis can occur due to stress, and stress can happen due to psoriasis flares ups. Managing stress can provide you relief from psoriasis. Stress can affect your body in many ways, including increasing inflammation. Inflammation can also cause you psoriasis, or make this disease more serious if you already have one.
Yoga is the best way to manage stress and there are many yoga asanas which you can perform at home. Perform below yoga to get rid of psoriasis. You can watch videos of all yoga asana at youtube.
- Half waist rotation pose (Ardha Kati Chakrasana)
- Half wheel pose (Ardha chakra asana)
- Standing forward bend (Padhastasana)
- Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
Psoriasis is a skin disease which occurs because of overgrowth of skin cells. This can be very serious health condition and long lasting. The exact cause of this problem is yet to find but mainly it occurs because of malfunction of the immunity system. Follow above Home remedies to get rid of Psoriasis from neck, feet, hand and other parts of the body. If you have any other home remedy which we forget mention write in the comment box below.