The typhoid fever is an infection caused by a strain of bacteria known as Salmonella typhii. Typhoid is the type of fever which normally occurs because of contaminated food and water. A person suffering from this fever sustained high body temperature, more commonly it is 103° to 104° F (39° to 40° C). This fever can be fatal if it’s not treated well. Mainly antibiotics are used to cure typhoid. But there are natural remedies which can help you get rid of typhoid quickly.
Around the world, 30 million cases of typhoid reported in 2010. This fever caused around 200,000 deaths in that year. Some people carries the bacteria without developing typhoid symptoms for a long time.
As typhoid is contagious disease and normally spread by food and water. Infected people can spread bacteria by direct contact with their feces or by urine. Animals cannot spread this infection, so transmission is always human to human.
What Is the Incubation Period for Typhoid Fever?
The incubation period for typhoid fever is 6-30 days and for paratyphoid fever, it is 1-10 days. Sometimes a person can carry bacteria without developing any symptoms.
How long (Many Days) does it take to cure Typhoid?
Typhoid fever takes 1-2 weeks to cure if it’s diagnosed in its early stages. Take consultation for proper diagnosis and treatment of this condition from your doctor. You can increase the recovery speed with help of natural remedy and healthy diet.
Symptoms of typhoid normally begin after 6-30 days once a person is infected by bacteria. Two common and major symptoms for typhoid are high fever and rashes. The rashes are red color spots, particularly on the neck and abdomen. Rashes do not affect every patient.
Natural Remedies For Typhoid Cure / Treatment at Home
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a good natural remedy to reduce body temperature. It contains the minerals which energise your body and replenish minerals lost due to diarrhea.
- Take a half teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of honey, mix them in a glass of water. Drink this remedy before having your meals for 5-7 days.
- Another way to use ACV by mixing one part of it with two parts of cold water. Take a clean cotton cloth and soak in it and put it on your forehead and abdomen. When it gets warm, soak cloth again. This remedy will help you to get relief from high fever.
- Garlic for Typhoid Cure
Garlic contains antimicrobial properties which help to fight with typhoid bacteria. This natural herb helps to flush out harmful toxins from the body and improve your immunity system.
- Eating garlic clove is beneficial in typhoid treatment. Try to eat garlic clove empty stomach for a better result.
- Take four cups of water, 1 cup of milk and a half teaspoon of crushed garlic. Mix them well and boil until it reduces to ¼ of the original amount. Drink this remedy 3 times in a day for 1 week to get rid of typhoid bacteria.
Barley is another beneficial natural herb for typhoid fever cure. It helps to improve immunity system and digestion.
- Take 2 teaspoons of barley grass and steep it for 10 minutes in boiling water. Strain this mixture and drink twice in a day until you get relief from fever.
- Take a handful of barley, wheatgrass, and gram well and fry them well. Then, make a powder of these natural herbs. Mix them with jaggery syrup or honey and then eat the mixture 3 times in a day. Try this remedy for a week to get relief from typhoid.
- Homemade ORS
It is very important to keep your body hydrated if you are suffering from typhoid. Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) is the best way to keep your body hydrated. You can make ORS at home or can get from the medical store. ORS helps to get rid of typhoid symptoms and helps to recover faster.
- Take 4 cups of water, 4 teaspoons of sugar and a half teaspoon of salt. Mix them well and drink this mixture 4-5 times in a day.
- Cold Compass
Typhoid major symptoms are high body temperature which can be cured by cold compass. It helps to bring down temperature very quickly.
- Take cold water and a clean cotton cloth. Soak that cloth in cold water and put on your forehead and on the abdomen. Do this remedy until your body temperature drops.
- Clove for Typhoid treatment
Clove is a good home remedy to cure typhoid. It has antibacterial properties which help to fight bacteria that causes typhoid.
- Add 5-7 cloves in 2 liters of water and oil until it reduces to half of its original amount. Strain this mixture and drink 3-4 times in a day.
Another very effective remedy for typhoid symptoms treatment. Raisins improve your immunity systems and help to fight bacteria.
- Take few raisins and soak them in water for overnight. Eat them in the next morning empty stomach. Raisins act as a natural immunity booster during typhoid fever.
Typhoid fever effects digestive system badly due to diarrhea. So honey is a very beneficial natural remedy for the digestive system. Honey helps the digestive system to work properly and recover typhoid faster. It also gives you the energy to fight bacteria.
- Take lukewarm water and add 1 teaspoon of honey to it. Drink this honey water 2-3 times in a day to get a faster result.
Basil is another effective natural medicine to cure typhoid fever. Due to its antibiotic and antibacterial properties, you can get rid of the typhoid bacteria. It also improves your immunity and helps to bring down the body temperature.
- Take 20 basil leaves, 1 teaspoon of crushed ginger and one cup of water. Mix them well and boil this mixture until it reduces half from its original quantity. You can add a little honey to it before drinking. Drink this mixture 2-3 times in a day for one week.
- Extract the juice from 5 to 7 basil leaves and add a pinch of freshly ground black pepper. Drink this 2 or 3 times a day for a couple of weeks to get a better result.
Buttermilk is a good way to treat typhoid at home. It helps to improve your digestive system and improve your immunity system. Buttermilk also helps to keep your body hydrated.
- Extract 2 teaspoons juice from fresh coriander leaves and mix with one cup of buttermilk. Drink this home remedy 2-3 times in a day for at least one week.
- Drink a 2-3 glasses of buttermilk daily is very helpful in typhoid recovery.
- Add the pulp of 1 banana to a glass of buttermilk is another wonderful natural remedy for typhoid fever. Drink this 2-3 times daily for 2 weeks.
Bananas are beneficial in treating diarrhea and bring the fever down. It contains potassium which helps to replace electrolytes lost during fever and diarrhea.
- Take 2 mashed bananas, a half cup yogurt and 1 teaspoon of honey. Mix the well and eat this mixture 2-3 times in a day. Repeat this remedy for 1-2 weeks until you recover from typhoid.
Must Read: Home Remedies to cure Malaria Naturally
Typhoid Home remedies & Herbal medicine in Ayurveda
- Soubhagya Vati: Take 125 mg of Soubhagya vati, 125 mg of Parwal pishti and 250 mg of Giloy satwa. Mix them well and make 30-40 doses; take 1 dose twice a day with Adarak swaras.
- Bramhi Vati: Take 125 mg of Bramhi vati, 125 mg of Soubhagya vati and 250 mg Giloy. Take it one a day with honey and water boiled with clove.
- Giloy: This natural herb is very effective in treating typhoid fever. You can drink giloy juice or eat giloy tablets.
- Figs are another useful ayurvedic remedy for typhoid fever. Make a paste of 4-5 grapes, 1-2 gm khubkala and 8-10 figs. Eat this mixture 2-3 times in a day. Don’t forget to remove seeds from grapes.
Typhoid Fever Precautions & Prevention Tips
You can avoid typhoid or for a speedy recovery by doing below things.
- Drink bottled water or boiled water.
- Be wary of eating anything that has been handled by someone else
- Avoid eating at street food stands, and only eat food that is still piping hot
- Do not take ice in drinks.
- Avoid eating raw fruit and vegetable for typhoid Precaution.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- If you eat raw fruit or vegetables that can be peeled, peel them yourself.