How to cure typhoid fever permanently? Typhoid fever is an infection caused by a strain of bacteria known as Salmonella Typhi. Typhoid is a type of fever that usually occurs because of contaminated food and water. A person suffering from this fever sustained high body temperature, more commonly it is 103° to 104° F (39° to 40° C). This illness can be fatal if it’s not treated well. Mainly antibiotics are used to cure typhoid. But there are natural remedies that can help you get rid of typhoid quickly.
Around the world, 30 million cases of typhoid reported in 2010. This fever caused around 200,000 deaths in that year. Some people carry the bacteria without developing typhoid symptoms for a long time.
Typhoid is a contagious disease and usually spread by food and water. Infected people can spread bacteria by direct contact with their feces or by urine. Animals cannot spread this infection, so transmission is always human to human.
What Is the Incubation Period for Typhoid Fever?
The incubation period for typhoid fever is 6-30 days, and for paratyphoid fever, it is 1-10 days. Sometimes a person can carry bacteria without developing any symptoms.
- 1 How long (Many Days) does it take to cure Typhoid?
- 2 How To Cure Typhoid Fever – Symptoms
- 3 Home Remedies For Typhoid Cure/Treatment
- 4 How To Cure Typhoid Fever – Home remedies & medicines in Ayurveda
- 5 Typhoid Fever Precautions & Prevention Tips
How long (Many Days) does it take to cure Typhoid?
Typhoid fever takes 1-2 weeks to cure if it’s diagnosed in its early stages. Take consultation for the proper diagnosis and treatment of this condition from your doctor. You can increase the recovery speed with the help of natural remedies and a healthy diet.
How To Cure Typhoid Fever – Symptoms
Symptoms of typhoid usually begin after 6-30 days once bacteria infect a person. Two common and significant signs of typhus are high fever and rashes on the skin. The rashes are red color spots, particularly on the neck and abdomen. Rashes do not affect every patient.
Other typhoid symptoms can include a headache, abdominal pain, constipation, muscle pain, and weakness. For some patients, symptoms might consist of confusion, diarrhea, and vomiting.
Home Remedies For Typhoid Cure/Treatment
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent natural remedy to reduce body temperature. It contains the minerals which energize your body and replenish minerals lost due to diarrhea.
- Take a half teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of honey, mix them in a glass of water.
- Drink this remedy before having your meals for 5-7 days.
- Another way to use ACV by mixing one part of it with two parts of cold water.
- Take a clean cotton cloth and soak it and put it on your forehead and abdomen.
- When it gets warm, soak the cloth again. This remedy will help you to get relief from high fever.
Garlic contains antimicrobial properties which help to fight typhoid bacteria. This natural herb helps to flush out harmful toxins from the body and improve your immune system.
- Eating garlic cloves is beneficial in typhoid treatment.
- Try to eat garlic clove empty stomach for a better result.
- Take four cups of water, 1 cup of milk, and a half teaspoon of crushed garlic.
- Mix them well and boil until it reduces to ¼ of the original amount.
- Drink this remedy three times a day for one week to get rid of typhoid bacteria.
Barley is another beneficial natural herb for typhoid fever cure. It helps to improve the immune system and digestion.
- Take two teaspoons of barley grass and steep it for 10 minutes in boiling water.
- Strain this mixture and drink twice a day until you get relief from fever.
- Take a handful of barley, wheatgrass, and gram well and fry them well.
- Then, make a powder of these natural herbs.
- Mix them with jaggery syrup or honey and then eat the mixture three times a day.
- Try this remedy for a week to get relief from typhoid.
It is essential to keep your body hydrated if you are suffering from typhoid. Oral Rehydration Solution (ORS) is the best way to keep your body hydrated.
You can make ORS at home or can get it from the medical store. ORS helps to get rid of typhoid symptoms and helps to recover faster.
- Take 4 cups of water, four teaspoons of sugar, and a half teaspoon of salt.
- Mix them well and drink this mixture 4-5 times a day.
Typhoid’s significant symptoms are high body temperature which can be cured by a cold compass. It helps to bring down temperature very quickly.
- Take cold water and a clean cotton cloth.
- Soak that cloth in cold water and put it on your forehead and the abdomen.
- Do this remedy until your body temperature drops.
Clove is a proper home remedy to cure typhoid. It has antibacterial properties which help to fight bacteria that cause typhoid.
- Add 5-7 cloves in 2 liters of water and boil until it reduces to half of its original amount.
- Strain this mixture and drink 3-4 times a day.
Another beneficial remedy for typhoid symptoms treatment. Raisins improve your immunity systems and help to fight bacteria.
- Take few raisins and soak them in water overnight.
- Eat them the next morning empty stomach.
- Raisins act as a natural immunity booster during typhoid fever.
Typhoid fever affects the digestive system badly due to diarrhea. So honey is a very beneficial natural remedy for the digestive system. Honey helps the digestive system to work appropriately and recover typhoid faster. It also gives you the energy to fight bacteria.
- Take lukewarm water and add one teaspoon of honey to it.
- Drink this honey water 2-3 times a day to get a faster result.
Basil is another effective natural medicine to cure typhoid fever. Due to its antibiotic and antibacterial properties, you can get rid of typhoid bacteria. It also improves your immunity and helps to bring down the body temperature.
- Take 20 basil leaves, one teaspoon of crushed ginger, and one cup of water.
- Mix them well and boil this mixture until it reduces half from its original quantity.
- You can add a little honey to it before drinking. Drink this mixture 2-3 times on a day for one week.
- Extract the juice from 5 to 7 basil leaves and add a pinch of freshly ground black pepper.
- Drink this 2 or 3 times a day for a couple of weeks to get a better result.
Check out: Swine Flu Cause Symptoms & Treatment
Buttermilk is an excellent way to treat typhoid at home. It helps to improve your digestive system and improve your immune system. Buttermilk also helps to keep your body hydrated.
- Extract two teaspoons of juice from fresh coriander leaves and mix with one cup of buttermilk.
- Drink this home remedy 2-3 times a day for at least one week.
- Drink 2-3 glasses of buttermilk daily is very helpful in typhoid recovery.
- Add the pulp of 1 banana to a glass of buttermilk is another wonderful natural remedy for typhoid fever.
- Drink this 2-3 times daily for two weeks.
Bananas are beneficial in treating diarrhea and bring the fever down. It contains potassium which helps to replace electrolytes lost during fever and diarrhea.
- Take two mashed bananas, half cup yogurt, and one teaspoon of honey.
- Mix the well and eat this mixture 2-3 times a day.
- Repeat this remedy for 1-2 weeks until you recover from typhoid.
Must Read: Home Remedies to cure Malaria Naturally
How To Cure Typhoid Fever – Home remedies & medicines in Ayurveda
- Soubhagya Vati: Take 125 mg of Soubhagya vati, 125 mg of Parwal pishti and 250 mg of Giloy satwa. Mix them well and make 30-40 doses; take one dose twice a day with Adarak swaras.
- Brahmi Vati: Take 125 mg of Bramhi vati, 125 mg of Soubhagya vati and 250 mg Giloy. Take it once a day with honey and water boiled with clove.
- Giloy: This natural herb is very effective in treating typhoid fever. You can drink giloy juice or eat giloy tablets.
- Figs are another useful ayurvedic remedy for typhoid fever. Make a paste of 4-5 grapes, 1-2 gm khubkala and 8-10 figs. Eat this mixture 2-3 times a day. Don’t forget to remove seeds from grapes.
Typhoid Fever Precautions & Prevention Tips
You can avoid typhoid or for a speedy recovery by doing the below things.
- Drink bottled water or boiled water.
- Be wary of eating anything that has been handled by someone else
- Avoid eating at street food stands, and only eat food that is still piping hot
- Do not take the ice in drinks.
- Avoid eating raw fruit and vegetable for typhoid Precaution.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- If you eat raw fruit or vegetables that can be peeled, peel them yourself.