How to get rid of UTI at Home?: Are you feeling extreme inflammation while peeing? It may be because you have Urinary Tract Infection. The Urinary System consists four parts kidney, ureters, bladder, and urethra. Kidneys, filter waste from the blood to produce urine. Ureters carry urine from the kidneys to the bladder. The bladder hold urine until you feel like peeing. Then urethra carries urine out of the bladder when you pee. One should know that taking an antibiotic isn’t the only way to cure symptoms of a urinary tract infection. There are some natural uti home remedies, which help you to cure Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) without antibiotics.
What is Urinary Tract Infection or UTI?
Infection in any part of the urinary system such as infection in kidney, ureters, bladder and urethra is known as Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). This disease happens when E. coli bacteria from the colon area invade part of your urinary tract. This yeast infection in the urinary systems is normally caused by microbes such as bacteria in the urinary tract. They can badly affect the kidneys, bladder, and the tubes that run between them.
The urinary system can be divided into the two parts, upper urinary tract, and the lower urinary tract. Where the upper urinary tract consists of the kidneys and the ureters, and the lower urinary tract consists of the bladder and the urethra.
There is mainly three type of infection which depend on the parts it happened.
- Bladder infection – cystitis
- Urethra infection – urethritis
- Kidney infection – pyelonephritis
Approximately, 8 million people visit the doctor every year because UTI. This Infection can happen to anyone but its effects more in a woman. If you are a woman then you are 50% more at risk than man.
- 1 Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection
- 2 Home Remedies for UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) Treatment
Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection
- A burning sensation during urination
- A frequent or intense urge to urinate
- Pain in your back or lower abdomen
- Cloudy and Dark urine
- Blood in urine
- Strange-smelling urine
- Feeling tired or shaky
- Fever or Chills
- Pelvic pain, in women
- Nausea and vomiting
Causes, why Bladder infection UTI happens?
Mainly UTI is caused by the bacterium Escherichia coli (E. coli), which is found in the digestive system. Chlamydia and Mycoplasma bacteria can infect the urethra but not the bladder and other causes include:
- Poor personal hygiene
- Sexual intercourse
- Problems emptying the bladder completely
- Bowel incontinence
- Blocked flow of urine
- Kidney stones
- Some forms of contraception
- Suppressed immune system
- Immobility for a long period
- Use of spermicides and tampons
- Excessive use of antibiotics
Home Remedies for UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) Treatment
UTI is not a serious problem most of the time and your kitchen may have all the natural remedies you need for treatment. For instant relief from Urinary Tract Infection, follow below home remedies:
- Cranberry Juice
Cranberry contains A2-type proanthocyanidins (PACs), which help to prevent from bacteria in the urethra and treat a bladder infection. Note: If you are suffering from kidney stone don’t take this remedy.
- Drink one glass juice of cranberry daily until you get relief from UTI.
- Alternatively, you can take cranberry capsules, which reduced the risk of urinary tract infections by 50 percent in women.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best Home remedies for UTI treatment without antibiotics. It prevents bacteria to grow in the urinary tract.
- Take two teaspoons of ACV and mix in one glass of water. Drink this mixture once in a day for 3-4 days. For taste, you can add lemon juice or honey to it.
Eating fresh blueberries or juice is a good way to get rid of UTI. According to the University Of Maryland Medical Center, blueberries help to prevent urinary tract infections. It contains vitamin C and proanthocyanidins, which prevent bacteria from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract.
- Drink one glass juice of blueberry juice twice in a day.
- Eat one bowl of blueberries daily or you can add blueberries to your daily meal.
One of the simplest and the best natural way for uti home treatment. Drinking more and more water helps to flush out bacteria and reduce UTI inflammation. So, how much water should you drink? It depends on your size if your weight is 140 pounds that mean you should drink 70 oz of water a day.
- Urinate more often
It may sound absurd but be going to pee, again and again, help you to get relief. Even if it’s just a small amount go for it, you rid it of some of the bacteria causing the infection. If you hold it in the bladder, you increase the chance that bacteria will grow and multiply, which cause a bladder infection. Sometimes it can be uncomfortable, but peeing whenever you feel is a good way to cure UTI.
- Baking Soda
Don’t drink soda which contains sugar. Baking soda has alkaline properties which help to neutralize the acidity in urine. Drinking baking soda can reduce the inflammation very quickly.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda and mix with one glass of water. Drink twice in a day or whenever you feel inflammation.
- Celery Seeds
Another useful natural remedy for UTI home treatment. Celery seeds or oil contain butylphthalide and due to this its works as a diuretic.
- Eat a handful of celery seeds just after a meal helps to prevent yeast infection.
Cucumber contains high amount water that helps to flush out bacteria. You can take it as snacks or salad.
- Hot water Pad
Hot water compresses will help to reduce bladder pressure and give you relief from pain caused by the infection. Its stops growth of bacteria and decrees inflammation.
- Keep hot water pad on your lower abdomen for few minutes to get relief from the pain.
Pineapples are not only tasty but also help to remove bacteria from the bladder. It contains a Bromelain enzyme, which has anti-inflammatory properties that may reduce inflammation.
- Take one bowl one fresh pineapple twice in a day or you can drink pineapple juice to prevent UTI.
Avoid Bladder Irritants to prevent Bladder Infection
Don’t take caffeine, alcohol, spicy food, nicotine, carbonated drinks, and artificial sweeteners if you are suffering from UTI. Taking them will worsen the Bladder infection further. Try to take fiber rich food which helps in your digestive system.
Ayurvedic Medicine & Remedies for Urinary Tract Infection UTI
- Spinach leaves and carrots: Take a handful of chopped spinach leaves, one bowl of sliced carrots add both in a half liter of water. Boil it for 15=20 minutes and strain the water. Make soup from boiled vegetables and have it twice in a day.You can add salt and pepper for taste.
- Divya Chandraprabha Vati. This is one of the best Baba Ramdev ayurvedic herbal medicine for UTI treatment. It helps in reducing and eliminating all the signs and symptoms associated with urinary tract infection. It is mainly prepared by using traditional ayurvedic herbs to fight against the UTI.
How does a woman get a urinary tract infection UTIs?
Women are more at risk may be because they have shorter urethras, which allow bacteria quick access to the bladder. Having sex can introduce bacteria into the urinary tract and increase the chance of getting UTI.
Most of the time this health problem is not serious, but sometimes it could lead you to a serious problem by damaging your kidney, particularly if septicemia (bacteria entering the bloodstream) occurs. Because of UTIs, women can deliver low birth weight or premature infants.
Urinary Tract Infection UTI Precautions & Prevention Tips
UTI is a disease which can reoccur very easily, so to prevent from reoccurring follow below tips.
- Take more fluids: Drink more water and other fruits juice but avoid caffeine and alcohol, which can irritate the bladder.
- Constipation: Try to avoid constipation because it increases your chances of getting UTI again and again.
- Sex: Be careful when you having sexual intercourse. Women are more at risk because sexual intercourse introduces bacteria into a woman’s urinary tract easily. Washing your genital area both before and after sexual intercourse is the best way to prevent from UTI.
- Dry and clean clothing: Don’t wear very tight undergarments. Go for loose fitting and cotton cloths, which allows a woman’s private part to remain dry preventing from bacteria growth.
- Prevention of UTI in Women: Never forget to wipe from the front to the back after using the bathroom. Never wipe twice with same tissue and wipe front to back not back to front after a bowel movement. It is important because it to help prevent bacteria from the anus from entering the vagina or urethra. Take showers avoid bathtubs.