What is a Cyst? The cyst is made up of a closed sac inside the skin or body. A sac is capsule-like in structure and filled with semi-solid material, fluids or air, etc. The cyst can occur anywhere in your body under the skin. Many cysts don’t show any symptoms but they go away on their own. You can get rid of a cyst without surgery at home with home remedies. Even though surgery is also a safe way to get rid of the cyst but in very rare cases surgery can have side effects.
A cyst can occur in any part of the body and its size may vary from microscopic to macroscopic. Sometimes a macroscopic cyst can displace organs inside the body. The cyst does not cause cancers. In fact, they are noncancerous or benign but cancer can cause a cyst. The treatment of a cyst depends on the type of cyst, the location of the cyst in the body, causes of the cyst, etc.
- 1 Types of Cysts?
- 2 Home Remedies to Remove/Get rid of Cyst
- 3 Cyst: When to See a Doctor?
Types of Cysts?
There are many types of cysts that depend on the location of the cyst. Mainly cyst is benign but some can cause serious health issues due to the malignant cell membrane. The most common type of cyst includes.
- Sebaceous Cyst is also known as an epidermoid cyst. They are benign and do not cause cancer. Sebaceous cyst grows very slowly and can be painful when pressing. Normally this type of cyst occurs on the torso, neck, or face. They are easily visible because of their large size.
- Ganglion Cyst also called synovial cyst which normally occurs on joints such as hands, wrists, ankles, and feet. They cause a lump on the joint and painful on pressing. This type of cyst is very common and not serious.
- Breast Cyst this is very common in woman and they are not cancerous. A woman can easily develop breast cyst due to various reasons. If the cyst doesn’t go on its own within a week or so then consult with a doctor for treatment or use natural remedies to get rid of the breast cyst.
- Ovarian Cyst is a closed sac filled with fluid. They can occur on one or both ovaries. This type of cyst is painful sometimes. Symptoms of ovarian cyst are painful bowel movement, abdomen pain with swelling, painful menstrual cycle, pain in the pelvic area during periods, pain while having sex, vomiting, nausea, tenderness in breast, etc.
- Baker Cyst which is also called a popliteal cyst. This normally occurs backside of your knee. It may cause pain and tightness which cause a problem in knee movement.
- Cystic Acne is the worst type of acne and occurs on your face, neck, chest, etc. They can occur because of oily skin, dry skin, hormone change, or bacteria and cause pain. Cystic acne contains pus and they are red round shaped.
- Pilonidal Cyst is a very common skin problem that occurs due to a change in the hormone, the friction of your clothes, and hair growth. They contain fluids and cause itching.
- Chalazia Cyst occurs on your eyelid which normally harmless and painless initially (becomes painful if they stay more than a few days). It occurs due to the blocked cell membrane.
- Ingrown Hair Cyst this type is very common for people who have too much body hair. Sometimes hair grows inward or sideways direction which causes an ingrown hair cyst. They can be red, yellow, or white in color in a pimple-like structure. This type might get infected and painful if stays for more than 3 days.
- Hydatid Cyst this type of cyst normally occurs on body organs such as the liver or lungs. They can cause complications if not treated on time. You can get rid of them with medication, natural remedies, and surgery.
- Vaginal Cyst occurs around the walls of the vagina due to a closed sac that contains fluids or semi-solid material. Sometimes vaginal cysts go away on their own but in some cases, they stay more than a week and you need medical attention.
What are the Causes of Cyst?
Cysts can occur due to many reasons which include.
- Cancer or Tumor
- Change in hormone
- Genetic disorder
- The defect in the cell membrane
- A parasite
- Chronic inflammatory conditions
- Organ disorder
Home Remedies to Remove/Get rid of Cyst
A cyst is normally harmless and not something to worry about most of the time. But in some cases cyst can cause you pain and want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Many people go for surgery and medication. In fact, you can avoid surgery for cyst and can remove the cyst at home with natural remedies.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a very useful home remedy that helps to treat many health issues from constipation to hair problems. It also helps to get rid of Sebaceous Cyst at home without surgery. It has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties which make it an amazing home remedy for the cyst.
- Apply apple cider vinegar on the affected area with the help of a cotton ball.
- You apply this remedy twice a day for fast relief.
Aloe vera is widely used for skin problems because of its healing and antibacterial properties. It also reduces the pain and irritation caused by the cyst.
- Extract the gel from the fresh aloe vera plant and apply it to the affected area.
- Repeat this home remedy twice a day.
- You can also consume aloe vera juice daily to prevent cysts.
- It helps to flush out impurity from your body and improve immunity.
3. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt has healing and antibacterial properties which help to remove cysts easily. It is a very easily available home remedy and can be used for many types of cysts.
- Take a good warm bath in Epsom salt water twice a day.
- You just need to add one cup of Epsom salt to the bathtub and enjoy your bath.
4. Potassium Iodide
Potassium iodide is easily available in the market and you can get it without any prescription from a doctor. It has antiseptic, antibacterial, and antifungal properties which help to heal cyst fast.
- Apply this solution to the affected area directly three times a day for fast relief.
5. Hot Compress
Hot compress is a good sebaceous cyst home treatment. It will help to reduce pain and swelling due to the cyst. You can use a clean cotton cloth to apply a warm compress to the affected area. Make sure water shouldn’t be too hot otherwise it can burn your skin.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal properties which help to reduce pain and inflammation due to the vaginal cyst.
This remedy can be used for other types of cyst including Sebaceous Cyst, Ganglion cyst, Bartholin cysts, etc. If your cysts are not too serious then tea tree oil can cure them with 3 days.
- Take two tablespoons of coconut oil and add three drops of pure tea tree oil to it. A mix of both oil well and apply on the affected area with a cotton ball. Repeat this remedy twice a day until you get rid of the cyst.
- You can also mix 5 drops of oil in a cup of water and apply this mixture to the affected area.
Turmeric contains antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammation properties which help to cure cysts fast at home. It helps to reduce pain and prevent infection due to a cyst or other bacteria.
- Prepare a paste of one tablespoon of turmeric and coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture to the affected area and leave it for two-three hours then wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day until you get rid of cysts.
8. Aspirin Tablet
Aspirin has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which help to get rid of pain and inflammation associated with the cyst. It also prevents infection.
- Take a few tablets and crushed them into powder and mix in castor oil.
- Apply this mixture to the affected area and leave it for few minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy two times a day.
Honey is used to treat many health issues and certain it also helps to cure cystic acne at home.
It has antibacterial, antiseptic, and antiviral properties which heal treat inflammation and pain caused by the cyst. Using honey on your skin also helps to enhance skin tone.
- Apply pure honey directly on the affected area with a cotton ball and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy three times a day until you get relief from the cyst.
10. Baking Soda
Baking soda is used to cure many skins problem, teeth problems, gastric and gum problems. It is also used to remove cyst effectively due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammation properties which help to dry cyst. It reduces the pain and inflammation caused by the cyst.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and make a paste with water.
- Add a pinch of salt and apply this mixture to the affected area.
- Leave it for half an hour then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy once a day until you get rid of the cyst.
11. Garlic Juice
Garlic is one of the best remedies to cure cyst at home due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammation properties. It prevents infection and reduces pain. Garlic also helps to boost the immune system which helps to fight infection.
- Extract juice from fresh garlic leaves and apply it to your face or other affected area.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy once or twice a day.
12. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties that help to treat cysts. It boosts the healing process and reduces the inflammation and pain caused by the cyst.
- Apply oregano oil directly on the cyst with the help of a cotton boil.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day.
13. Chamomile Tea
This herbal tea help to treat many health issues and ovarian cysts are no exception. As an irregular menstrual cycle can cause ovarian cysts so, drinking chamomile tea can regulate your menstrual cycle.
It also reduces pain and inflammation due to the cyst.
- Prepare a cup of chamomile tea and enjoy tea while it still warm.
- To get the best result use chamomile leaves to prepare tea.
- Drink twice a day to get rid of ovarian cyst.
Beetroot helps flush out impurities, boost your immunity system, and due to alkaline quality this remedy help to maintain acidity balance. This remedy helps to remove and prevent ovarian cysts.
- Take one teaspoon of each blackstrap molasses and aloe vera and mix with a half cup of beetroot juice.
- Mix all the ingredients well and drink once or twice a day in the morning.
Cyst: When to See a Doctor?
Normally cyst is harmless but in some cases they become painful. If the cyst becomes painful and red then consult with your doctor for proper treatment. An underlying health problem can also cause a cyst so if you have any disease then consult with a doctor.
Prevention Tips for Cyst
- Eat healthy and organic food.
- Avoid junk food.
- Do not eat too much spicy food.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out harmful toxins from the body.
- Take proper rest and sleep on time. Avoid taking too much stress.
- Use hormonal contraceptive to prevent ovarian Cyst.
The cyst is occurred inside the skin due to a closed sac which is a capsule-like structure. This is not a serious and harmful problem but in some cases, it can become painful and annoying. But don’t worry there many natural remedies which can help you to get rid of the cyst at home without surgery. If the cyst becomes red and very painful then consult with a doctor. Leave your suggestion and question in the comment box. ,