What is a Cyst? The cyst is made up of closed sac inside skin or body. A sac is capsule like in structure and filled with semi-solid material, fluids or air etc. The cyst can occur anywhere in your body under the skin. Many cysts don’t show any symptoms but they go away on their own. You can get rid of a cyst without surgery at home with home remedies. Even though surgery is also a safe way to get rid of cyst but in a very rare case surgery can have side effects.
A cyst can occur to any part of the body and their size may vary from microscopic to macroscopic. Sometimes a macroscopic cyst can displace organs inside the body. The cyst does not cause cancers. In fact, they are noncancerous or benign but cancer can cause a cyst. The treatment of cyst depends on the type of cyst, the location of the cyst in the body, causes of the cyst etc.
Types of Cysts?
There are many types of cyst which depend on the location of the cyst. Mainly cyst is benign but some can cause serious health issue due to the malignant cell membrane. The most common type of cyst include.
- Sebaceous Cyst which is also known as an epidermoid cyst. They are benign and do not cause cancer. Sebaceous cyst grows very slowly and can be painful when pressing. Normally this type of cyst occurs on the torso, neck or face. They are easily visible because of their large size.
- Ganglion Cyst also called synovial cyst which normally occurs on joint such as hands, wrists, ankles, and feet. They cause a lump on the joint and painful on pressing. This type of cyst is very common and not serious.
- Breast Cyst this is very common in woman and they are not cancerous. A woman can easily develop breast cyst due to various reasons. If the cyst doesn’t go on their own within a week or so then consult with a doctor for treatment or use natural remedies to get rid of breast cyst.
- Ovarian Cyst is closed sac filled with fluid. They can occur on one or both ovaries. This type of cyst is painful sometimes. Symptoms of ovarian cyst are painful bowel movement, abdomen pain with swelling, painful menstrual cycle, pain in pelvic area during periods, pain while having sex, vomiting, nausea, tenderness in breast etc.
- Baker Cyst which is also called a popliteal cyst. This normally occurs backside of your knee. It may cause pain and tightness which cause a problem in knee movement.
- Cystic Acne is the worst type of acne and occurs on your face, neck, chest etc. They can occur because of oily skin, dry skin, hormone change or bacteria and cause pain. Cystic acne contains pus and they are red round shaped.
- Pilonidal Cyst is a very common skin problem which occurs due to a change in hormone, the friction of your clothes, and hair growth. They contain fluids and cause itching.
- Chalazia Cyst occurs on your eyelid which normally harmless and painless initially (become painful if they stay more than few days). It occurs due to the blocked cell membrane.
- Ingrown Hair Cyst this type if very common for the people who have too much body hairs. Sometimes hair grows inward or sideways direction which causes ingrown hair cyst. They can be red, yellow or white in color in a pimple like structure. This type might get infected and painful if stays more than 3 days.
- Hydatid Cyst this type of cyst normally occur on body organs such as liver or lungs. They can cause complication if not treated on time. You can get rid of them with medication, natural remedies, and surgery.
- Vaginal Cyst occurs around the walls of the vagina due to closed sac which contains fluids or semi-solid material. Sometimes vaginal cyst go away on their own but in some cases, they stay more than a week and you need medical attention.
What are the Causes of Cyst?
Cysts can occur due to many reasons which include.
- Cancer or Tumor
- Change in hormone
- Genetic disorder
- The defect in the cell membrane
- A parasite
- Chronic inflammatory conditions
- Organ disorder
Home Remedies to Remove / Get rid of Cyst at Home
A cyst is normally harmless and not something to worry about most of the time. But in some cases cyst can cause you pain and want to get rid of it as soon as possible. Many people go for surgery and medication. In fact, you can avoid surgery for cyst and can remove the cyst at home with natural remedies.
- Apple Cider Vinegar to Remove a Cyst
Apple cider vinegar is a very useful home remedy which helps to treat many health issues from constipation to hair problems. It also helps to get rid of Sebaceous Cyst at home without surgery. It has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties which make it an amazing home remedy for the cyst.
- Apply apple cider vinegar on the affected area with the help of cotton ball. You apply this remedy twice in a day for fast relief.
- Aloe Vera Gel to Get Rid of a Sebaceous Cyst
Aloe vera is widely used for skin problem because of its healing and antibacterial properties. It also reduces the pain and irritation caused by the cyst.
- Extract gel from fresh aloe vera plant and apply on affected area. Repeat this home remedy twice in a day.
- You can also consume aloe vera juice daily to prevent cyst. It helps to flush out impurity from your body and improve immunity.
- Epsom Salt to Remove a Cyst at Home
Epsom salt has healing and antibacterial properties which help to remove cyst easily. It is very easily available home remedy and which can be used for many types of cyst.
- Take a good warm bath in Epsom salt water twice in a day. You just need to add one cup of Epsom salt in the bathtub and enjoy your bath.
- Potassium Iodide to Get Rid of a Ganglion Cyst
Potassium iodide easily available in the market and you can get it without any prescription from a doctor. It has antiseptic, antibacterial and antifungal properties which help to heal cyst fast.
- Apply this solution on affected area directly three times in a day for fast relief.
- Hot Compress to Remove a Cyst at Home
Hot compress is good sebaceous cyst home treatment. It will help to reduce pain and swelling due to the cyst. You can use a clean cotton cloth to apply warm compress on the affected area. Make sure water shouldn’t be too hot otherwise it can burn your skin.
- Tea Tree Oil to getting Rid of Vaginal Cyst
Tea tree oil has antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal properties which help to reduce pain and inflammation due to the vaginal cyst. This remedy can be used for other types of cyst including Sebaceous Cyst, Ganglion cyst, Bartholin cysts etc. If your cysts are not too serious than tea tree oil can cure them with 3 days.
- Take two tablespoons of coconut oil and add three drops of pure tea tree oil in it. A mix of both oil well and apply on the affected area with a cotton ball. Repeat this remedy twice in a day until you get rid of the cyst.
- You can also mix 5 drops of oil in a cup of water and apply this mixture on the affected area.
- Turmeric Sebaceous Cyst Home Treatment
Turmeric contains antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammation properties which help to cure cyst fast at home. It helps to reduce pain and prevent infection due to a cyst or other bacteria.
- Prepare a paste of one tablespoon of turmeric and coconut oil. Apply this mixture on the affected area and leave it for two-three hours than wash it off with cold water. Repeat this remedy twice in a day until you get rid of cysts.
- Aspirin Tablet for Cyst Treatment at Home
Aspirin has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which help to get rid of pain and inflammation associated with the cyst. It also prevents infection.
- Take a few tablets and crushed them into powder and mix in castor oil. Apply this mixture on the affected area and leave it for few minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy two times a day.
- Use Honey for Cystic Acne Cure
Honey is used to treat many health issues and certain it also helps to cure cystic acne at home. It has antibacterial, antiseptic and antiviral properties which heal treat inflammation and pain caused by the cyst. Using honey on your skin also help to enhance skin tone.
- Apply pure honey directly on the affected area with a cotton ball and leave it for 5 minutes. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy three times in a day until you get relief from the cyst.
- Baking Soda to Get Rid of a Cyst Naturally
Baking soda is used to cure many skins problem, teeth problem, gastric and gum problem. It is also used to remove cyst effectively due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammation properties which help to dry cyst. It reduces the pain and inflammation caused by the cyst.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and make a paste with water. Add a pinch of salt and apply this mixture on the affected area. Leave it for half an hour then wash it off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy once in a day until you get rid of the cyst.
- Garlic Juice to Get Rid of a Cyst on Face
Garlic is one of the best remedies to cure cyst at home due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammation properties. It prevents infection and reduces pain. Garlic also helps to boost the immune system which helps to fight infection.
- Extract juice from fresh garlic leaves and apply on your face or other affected area. Leave it for 10-15 minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy once or twice in a day.
- Oregano Oil to Get Rid of a Scalp Cyst
Oregano oil has anti-bacterial and antimicrobial properties which help to treat cyst. It boosts the healing process and reduces the inflammation and pain caused by the cyst.
- Apply oregano oil directly on cyst with the help of cotton boil. Repeat this remedy twice in a day.
- Chamomile Tea Home Remedy for Ovarian Cysts
This herbal tea help to treat many health issues and ovarian cysts are no exception. As an irregular menstrual cycle can cause ovarian cyst so, drinking chamomile tea can regulate your menstrual cycle. It also reduces pain and inflammation due to the cyst.
- Prepare a cup of chamomile tea and enjoy tea while it still warm. To get the best result use chamomile leaves to prepare tea. Drink twice in a day to get rid of ovarian cyst.
- Beetroot to Remove Ovarian Cyst
Beetroot helps flush out impurities, boost your immunity system, and due to alkaline quality this remedy help to maintain acidity balance. This remedy helps to remove and prevent ovarian cyst.
- Take one teaspoon of each blackstrap molasses and aloe vera and mix with half cup of beetroot juice. Mix all the ingredient well and drink once or twice in a day in the morning.
Cyst: When to See a Doctor?
Normally cyst is harmless but in some cases they become painful. If the cyst becomes painful and red then consult with your doctor for proper treatment. An underlying health problem can also cause cyst so if you have any disease then consult with a doctor.
Prevention Tip for Cyst
- Eat healthy and organic food.
- Avoid junk food.
- Do not eat too much spicy food.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out harmful toxins from the body.
- Take proper rest and sleep on time. Avoid taking too much stress.
- Use hormonal contraceptive to prevent ovarian Cyst.
The cyst is occurred inside the skin due to closed sac which is a capsule-like in structure. This is not a serious and harmful problem but in some cases, it can become painful and annoying. But don’t worry there many natural remedies which can help you to get rid of the cyst at home without surgery. If the cyst becomes red and very painful then consult with a doctor. Leave your suggestion and question in the comment box.