How to Get Rid of Bad Breath? Do you feel embarrassed because of bad breath? Sometimes brushing your teeth is not enough because bad breath can come from the stomach. You must be the thing to visit a doctor but with the help of natural remedies, you can get rid of bad breath at home. Bad breath is also known as Halitosis and other medical terms stomatodysodia, fetor oris, and ozostomia.
This bad odor from your mouth can be an occasional or chronic health problem. Halitosis may be caused by the food you take, medical condition, or dental problem. 30% of people suffer from this health condition around the world.
- 1 Causes for Bad Breath and Risk Factor
- 2 Symptoms of Bad Breath (Halitosis)
- 3 How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath? – Home Remedies for Bad Breath
- 4 Halitosis Precaution Tips to stop & Cure Bad Breath
Causes for Bad Breath and Risk Factor
- Poor Oral Hygiene: A very common reason behind bad breath. If you do not brush or floss regularly, food particles in your mouth can cause a bad odor. Plaque a sticky film of bacteria forms on your teeth because of food particles left in your mouth. Plaque can lead you to gum disease, which can further damage gums and jawbones.
- Food: The main source of bad breath that comes from the mouth. Some food caused Halitosis for a short period of time such as onions, garlic, spicy food, fishes, etc. Long-term bad breath from the mouth happens when a food particle stuck in the teeth, which can stimulate the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
- Tobacco Products: Smoking and chewing tobacco products may cause you bad breath. Smoking and chewing tobacco mainly lead you to gum disease and oral cancer.
- Dry Mouth: Dry mouth can also cause you bad breath and it is known as xerostomia. In the mouth, there is saliva which helps to clean and moisten, but when the body doesn’t produce enough saliva, it will result in bad breath. We usually have a bad odor in the morning just because of the less amount of saliva produced by the body.
- Infection in your mouth: Oral surgery, tooth removal, or some kind of gum disease can cause Halitosis.
- Medication: Maybe not directly but there is medication, which causes you bad breath indirectly. Medication like antihistamines and diuretics can be the reason for dry mouth, which may lead you to Halitosis.
- Cavities or decay: This type of dental problem can cause bad breath from the mouth.
- Pregnancy: During pregnancy, you may feel bad Nausea, morning sickness, hormonal changes, dehydration, and eating different foods may cause you bad breath in pregnancy.
- Bad Breath from Stomach: Yes, it true bad breath can come from the stomach. Around 10 percent of people face this problem because of Diabetes, liver, and kidney disease. Ulcer in the stomach may cause bad breath from the stomach. According to research done by ScienceDaily, bacteria known as Helicobacter pylori caused bad breath and it is also the reason behind stomach ulcers. GERD and reflux disease are another reason behind the bad smell from the stomach.
Must-See: Home Remedies to cure Constipation
Symptoms of Bad Breath (Halitosis)
- The unpleasant odor coming from the mouth.
- Change in taste
- White or yellow coating on the tongue
- Dry Mouth
How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath? – Home Remedies for Bad Breath
You can get rid of bad breath Permanently by following below home remedies.
Clove is widely known as a natural remedy for dental and gum problems. Antibacterial properties of clove help to get rid of bad breath.
- Clove tea is another good remedy for bad breath treatment.
- Take one teaspoon ground clove and boil in one cup of water, let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Drink this tea twice a day and it also works a wonderful natural mouth freshener.
- Chewing clove is the simplest way to avoid this problem.
Another wonderful natural remedy for bad breath cure. The acidic properties of lemon help to remove bacteria in the mouth. Lemon is a very effective remedy to solve the dry mouth problem.
- Take one tablespoon of lemon and mix with one cup of water, rinse your mouth with it.
- Add some salt to it for a better
Parsley is good natural medicine for bad breath cure. It a good source of chlorophyll, which helps to remove bad breath from the mouth.
- A chew sprig of parsley freshens up your breath very fast. Alternatively, you can soak it in vinegar for some time and then chew twice a day.
- Extract parsley leaves juice and drinks twice a day. It is also a good remedy to cure bad breath of the stomach.
Fennel has antimicrobial properties, which help to kill bacteria in the mouth. This natural herb is a good mouth freshener.
- Take one teaspoon of fennel and steep for 15 minutes in boiling water.
- Drink this fennel tea twice a day.
- Chewing fennel stimulate saliva production, which helps to solve dry mouth problem and freshen up your bad breath.
Orange, Kiwis, and Strawberries
All these fruits are a good source of Vitamin C, which creates an acidic environment in the mouth and kills all bacteria. This remedy can freshen up bad breath quickly.
- Take 1-2 large oranges, 3 Kiwis, 4 Strawberries, and Roughly 2 liters of clean water.
- Make slices of fruit and dip them into the water and keep them in the refrigerator for a night.
- Drink this in the morning to cure bad breath.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a good natural treatment for bad breath. It helps to remove bacteria from the mouth and stops bad breath very fast.
- Take one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it with one glass of water.
- Rinse your mouth with this mixture twice a day.
Baking soda also creates an acidic environment in the mouth, which makes it hard for bacteria to survive and control bad breath immediately.
- Brush your teeth with baking soda with help of a toothbrush twice a day.
This natural remedy helps to reduce bad breath and remove bacteria from the mouth.
- Take one teaspoon of cinnamon powder, few leaves of cardamom, and boil in one glass of water.
- Strain this mixture and drink twice a day to stop bad breath.
Ayurvedic medicine is an effective way to cure Halitosis caused by catarrhal infections.
- Take one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and boil in one glass of water.
- Drink this mixture twice a day until you get relief.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties, which help to cure the infection in the mouth and stop bad breath.
- Put a few drops on toothpaste while brushing your teeth.
- You can make a mouthwash by mixing tea tree oil, peppermint oil, and lemon juice in a cup of water.
- Rinse your mouth with this natural mouthwash.
Drinking herbal or normal tea helps to fight bad odor from the mouth. Antioxidant properties of black and green tea stop bacteria production in the mouth. Drinking sage tea also helps to get rid of bad breath.
Halitosis Precaution Tips to stop & Cure Bad Breath
- Brush your teeth at least 2 times a day.
- Brush your tongue gently to remove any bacteria present on it.
- Replace your toothbrush every 2 months.
- Floss your mouth at least once a day.
- Drink more water to keep your mouth hydrated and odor-free.
- Visit a dentist at least twice a year.
- If you eat foods with ingredients, such as onions and garlic, brush right after the meal to stop the bad odor produce in your mouth to get rid of bad breath.