How to get rid of Dry Mouth Naturally?: Dry mouth health condition is also known as Xerostomia. It happens when salivary glands in your mouth don’t produce enough saliva. It’s normal to have a dry mouth occasionally but a persistently dry mouth can be a sign of an underlying heath condition.
It may cause you difficulty in speaking, eating, and digest food which can lead to malnutrition. Xerostomia is more often not a serious problem and you can get rid of dry mouth at night or Day time with home remedies.
Dry Mouth is a very common in elderly people and woman suffers more from this problem compare to men. It affects about 10% of the population all over the world.
Disorders of saliva production can affect those who are taking prescription and nonprescription medications most frequently. Bad breath during dry mouth is a very common symptom which left untreated can lead you to mouth ulcer or other health problem.
What are the causes of Dry Mouth or Xerostomia?
- Dry mouth at night while sleeping at night can occur because of sleeping with open mouth, lack of fluid in the body or some underlying health condition. Apart from this drinking alcohol also causes dry mouth, because it reduces the flow of saliva and oxygen content in the mouth.
- Dry mouth During pregnancy is common because of the certain medication, lack of fluid in the body or Gestational Diabetes . Hormonal changes and increased metabolic during pregnancy lead to reduced saliva flow, which can cause you xerostomia. Dry mouth.
- Aging- As older people are more likely to take medications because of other medical condition that may cause dry mouth.
- Smoking or chewing tobacco can lead you to dry mouth.
- Diabetes can also cause you dry mouth because of high blood sugar. Dry mouth can lead diabetic, person to tooth decay, loss of sleep and an altered sense of taste, or sour taste in the mouth.
- Diarrhea can also cause you dry mouth because of dehydration.
Symptoms and sign of Dry Mouth.
- A sticky, dry feeling in the mouth
- Dry feeling in throat, sore throat
- Frequent thirst
- Difficulty speaking, chewing and swallowing
- Altered sense of taste
- Dry or cracked lips
- Dry eyes
- Dry mouth cause Bad breath
- Mouth ulcer
- Red, bleeding gums, gingivitis, and periodontitis
- Burning or tingling sensation in mouth, tongue, or throat
Home Remedies for Dry Mouth in Night & Morning
Follow below easy home remedies to cure dry mouth quickly.
- Drink Plenty of Water
Dehydration is a very common cause for dry mouth. Drink more water to main fluid level in the body. Water also helps slavery glands to produce more saliva. It can also help you to clean bacteria from your mouth and tongue. It is advised that men should drink at least 3 liters of water and women to drink 2.2 liters throughout the day.
- Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds a very effective home remedy to increase the flow of saliva and it also helps to cure dry mouth. Its aromatic flavor helps to stop bad breath that accompanies dry mouth.
- Eat one teaspoon fennel seeds after every meal.
- Take equal amount of fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds and mix them well. First, roast them and then grind them into a powder. A half spoon of this home remedy eats after every meal.
- Cayenne pepper for Dry mouth Cure
Cayenne pepper helps the salivary glands to produce more and increases flow of saliva. It also helps to improve the taste buds so you can better distinguish sour, sweet, salty and bitter flavors.
- Take ground pepper and with the help of your finger rub it around your tongue.
- You can also sprinkle cayenne pepper on your salad, soup or other dishes.
- Cayenne pepper capsules are also available but take them after consulting with your doctor.
- Slippery Elm
Another very good natural remedy for dry mouth treatment. Slippery elm contains mucilage and it becomes a slick gel after mixing with water. This gel helps to treat the dry mouth as well as the sore.
- Take 2 tablespoons of slippery elm and add to a cup of hot water. Cover and keep for 10 minutes then strain this mixture. You can also add honey and drink this remedy twice in a day.
- You can also make a paste of slippery elm powder and water. Rub this paste inside your mouth with help of your finger. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash your mouth with water. Don’t swallow it and do this once or twice in a day.
- Cardamom Powder for dry mouth at night
Cardamom Powder is a good natural treatment for dry mouth. It helps to cure bad breath due to dry mouth.
- Take 1 glass of hot water and add 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder. Mix them well and leave it for 15 min. Drink this once in a day until you get relief.
Lemon is also a very helpful remedy to get rid of dry mouth. It stimulates saliva production and keeps your body hydrated. Lemon cleans bacteria from the mouth and removes bad breath.
- Take a 2 teaspoon of lemon juice and mix with water and honey. Drink this mixture 2-3 times in a day to avoid dry mouth.
- You can also make lemonade at home to treat dry mouth. Do not add sugar in lemonade. Drinking before going to bad can treat dry mouth at night.
- Take a small piece of lemon and sprinkle a pinch of salt on it. Now rub it on our tongue to improve your taste. It can also get rid of dry mouth when high.
- Aloe Vera to get Rid of dry mouth
Aloe vera is another wonderful remedy to treat dry mouth. It also increases the flow of saliva and enhances your taste.
- Drink one-fourth cup of aloe vera juice before going to bed to cure dry mouth while sleeping.
- You can also apply aloe vera in your mouth with the help of cotton ball. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then wash your mouth with cold water. Do this remedy 2 or 3 times in a day for a week.
- Chew sugar-free candies
Another effective home remedy to cure dry mouth quickly. You can suck or chew sugar-free candies. It helps to moist your mouth and increases saliva flow. Chew flavored sugar-free candies and mint, citrus or cinnamon best to treat dry mouth.
- Grapeseed Oil
Grapeseed oil is another effective home remedy to prevent dry mouth. It moist your mouth and improve the saliva amount in your mouth. Grapeseed oil is rich in vitamin E, which help to cure mouth sores or ulcer.
- Apply grapeseed oil with your finger on your tongue and chicks. Leave it for a night and rinse your mouth with warm water in the morning. This is the best and easy remedy to cure dry mouth while sleeping.
Ginger is a good way to cure and prevent dry mouth quickly. It also helps to improve your taste and amount of saliva in your mouth. Ginger is the best remedy for a woman suffering from the dry mouth during pregnancy.
- You can chew a small piece of ginger 2-3 times in a day to avoid bad breath and dry mouth.
- To improve your saliva gland drink ginger honey tea 2-3 times in a day.
Clove is another home remedy for dry mouth treatment. It also enhances your taste and cures bad breath due to dry mouth.
- Keep 4-5 cloves in your mouth and chew them or suck on them. Clove is effective in stimulating saliva and make your mouth feel fresher. Do this remedy 2-3 times in a day.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Dry Mouth Treatment
- Goldenseal -One of the best ayurvedic remedy to cure dry mouth. Take 100 ml liquid Goldenseal, and mix with one tablespoon of baking soda. Wash your mouth with this mixture for 2 to 3 times in a day for 2 weeks. This is a simple ayurvedic remedy which reduces swelling and dryness problem of mouth.
Prevention Tips to Prevent Dry Mouth at night
You can prevent dry mouth condition by doing some change in your eating habits and lifestyle.
- Wash your mouth with warm water after every meal.
- Brush and floss your teeth, and clean your tongue regularly to avoid dry mouth.
- Drink more water and sugarless drink.
- Eat more watery fruits like watermelon.
- Avoid coffee and drinks that contain caffeine.
- Don’t eat spicy and oily food because they can effect on your saliva production.
- Quit smoking and don’t drink alcohol.
Hi friends, above natural remedies, you can use to cure dry mouth. Let us know your feedback and how you feel about the information we mention above. Hope you will get the benefit and get rid of dry mouth naturally at home with natural remedies.