How to Get rid of Gas? 10 Best Remedies for Gas Pain Relief
How to Get Rid of Gas & Pain: Gas is a normal part of digestion system. The average adult passes gas between 10 to 25 times a day. But if you are not able to release gas and it builds up in your intestines, you may start to feel gas pain. Gas and gas pains can occur at the worst possible moment, during an important meeting or silent examination hall or on a crowded elevator. The good news is that although you can’t stop gas and gas pains, a few simple home remedies can help you to get rid of gas pain, discomfort, and embarrassment.
What is Bloating?
Gas buildup in your stomach and intestines can cause bloating. When gas doesn’t pass through belching or flatulence, it can build up in the stomach and intestines and result in bloating. It may cause you abdominal pain. Passing gas or having a bowel movement may reduce the pain.
What causes Gas or Gas Pains?
Although, gas is not usually a sign of serious illness, but excessive gas can be a sign of an underlying medical issue. There are many things which can cause a gas or gas pain which include.
- Lactose intolerance or other food intolerance or allergy
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or indigestion
- Eating too quickly, drinking through a straw, chewing gum or sucking on candies.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Stress or anxiety
- Kidney stones, gallstones, or an inflamed gallbladder
- Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease)
- An ulcer in the digestive tract
- An obstruction in the bowel
- A tumor in the abdomen
Symptoms of Gas or Gas Pain
There are many obvious sign and symptoms of Gas and Gas Pains which include.
- The voluntary or involuntary passing of gas, either as belches or as flatus.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Bloating in abdomen
- Stomach cramps
- Chest Pain or Pressure
- Nausea or Vomiting
Natural Home Remedies for Gas & Gas Pain Relief in Stomach
Gas or gas pain is very common health problem nowadays and you can get rid of this with the help of following home remedies.
Peppermint Tea for Gas Pain Relief
Peppermint tea is a good remedy to get rid of the gas pain in stomach. This natural herb contains menthol, which has an antispasmodic effect that smooth muscle of the digestive track.
- Take one peppermint tea bag and dip in one cup of boiled water. Keep it for 3-4 minutes then drink this tea after a meal.
- For quick relief from gas or gas pain, you can also chew some fresh leaves of peppermint.
- You can also make a home remedy from peppermint oil. Add two drops of peppermint oil in one cup of water and drink 2-3 times in a day.
Get Rid of Gas Pain by Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a very beneficial home remedy to cure gas quickly. This remedy will ease the gas pain and indigestion.
- Take two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and add them in a glass of warm water. Let the water cool down to room temperature then drink it. If you are not able to get apple cider vinegar then try regular vinegar.
Ginger to Ease Gas or Gas Pain
Ginger is a wonderful remedy for stomach gas pain and inflammation. It contains chemicals gingerols and shgaols which relax the intestinal track and ease any inflammation. Ginger also helps to prevent the formation of excess gas or helps expel it.
- You need to take an equal amount of ground ginger, fennel, and cardamom to make this remedy. Take one teaspoon of this mixture and add into one cup of water. You can also add a pinch of asafetida in it. Drink this mixture twice in a day for fast relief from gas.
- Extract the juice from fresh ginger and mix with a pinch of asafetida. Consume this remedy twice in a day.
- Chewing ginger after a meal can help to prevent gas formation.
- Ginger tea is also a good remedy to prevent gas formation.
Garlic to Release Gas From Stomach
Garlic is one of the best home remedies for stomach gas problem. It has a pungent heating quality which helps in reducing the gastric fire and thus offers relief from stomach gas.
- Take some ground garlic cloves and boil in a cup of water. You can add cumin seeds and black pepper in it. After boiling it for few minutes, strain it and let it cool down to room temperature. Drink the solution three times a day for fast relief.
- You can also eat garlic soup to fight the gas problem. Try to use fresh garlic for cooking soup.
Black Pepper to Get Rid of Stomach Gas
Black pepper is one of the best ayurvedic herbs for healing acidity and indigestion. It also helps to release gas from the stomach and gives you quick relief from gas pain.
- Take equal amount of black pepper, ginger powder, coriander seeds, and dried mint leaves. Mix and grind them into a fine powder. Consume a teaspoon of the mixture two times in a day.
- You can also add black pepper to buttermilk and drink 2-3 times in a day.
Buttermilk for Gas Pain Relief
One of the simplest home remedy for stomach gas pain. Buttermilk helps to cure indigestion and other gastric problem. It especially does wonders when combined with carom seeds and black salt which work as an excellent Ayurvedic remedy to relieve gas and flatulence.
- Take one teaspoon of carom seeds and black salt and mix in a cup of buttermilk. You can also use celery seeds instead of carom seeds. Drink this mixture twice in a day.
Release Stomach Gas by Soda and Lemon
Lemon and baking soda remedy is the easiest treatment for the gas problem at home. It has antiacid property which helps to cure gas and improve digestion.
- Extract juice from one lemon in a cup and add baking soda to the juice. Mix this well and drink after a meal or whenever you have stomach gas problem.
- You can add a small amount of baking soda to a glass of water and drink it on empty stomach, for instant relief from stomach gas.
Cinnamon for Gas Pain Relief
Cinnamon good remedy to prevent stomach gas and gives you fast relief from gas pain.
- Take one-half teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix in a cup of warm milk. Mix it well and then drink it. You can also add some honey for taste.
- You can also prepare cinnamon tea by adding some cinnamon powder to a cup of boiling water. Drink this tea twice in a day for fast result.
Fennel Seeds Home remedies for gas
Another very effective home remedy for gas pain in stomach. It also helps to improve digestive system and prevent gas formation. Fennel seeds also give you fast relief from bloating.
- Add a few 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds to a cup of hot water and let it simmer for five minutes at a low temperature. Strain the mixture and then drink it.
- You can chew fresh fennel seeds after a meal to prevent gas formation.
- Add tea leaves and crushed fennel seeds in a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for a few minutes and then add jaggery syrup and a quarter cup of milk in it. Strain it and drink twice in a day.
Asafetida to Cure Gas Pain
Asafetida is an effective home remedy to ease stomach gas pain and bloating. It has anti-spasmodic and anti-flatulent properties which help in the gastric problem.
- Take a glass of warm water and add a pinch of asafetida, mix it well and drink it two or three times a day.
- You can also make a paste of asafetida by adding a little water. Apply the paste on the stomach. Allow it to dry for a few minutes. It will help you to get rid of gas quickly.
- Alternatively, you can also put a small amount of asafetida into a ripe banana and eat it. Do this remedy twice in a day.
Everybody in their life suffers from gas or gas pain. Gas is a very common problem and can be cured and prevented easily. Above remedy will help you to get rid of gas and gas pain. We appreciate your feedback and suggestion. If you know any remedy which we haven’t mention here please comment below. Thank You.