What are hickeys? Hickeys are also known as love bite or kiss mark. A Hickey occurs when a person sucks or bite skin of another person passionately or aggressively. They are normally found on the neck or arm of a person. When someone sucks, kiss or bite on the skin the smallest blood vessel in the body known as capillaries start breaking and let the blood go out surrounding tissue under the surface. Now the blood that comes out of capillaries has no oxygen so it turned into red or purple. Love bites or hickies can last for one week. To avoid embarrassment you can cover up a hickey with clothing or makeup and you can also use home remedies to get rid of hickeys fast.
Hickeys are not painful in fact, they are fun and passionate. But a kiss mark on your neck can be embarrassing and inappropriate in front of family, school, college or colleague.
How Long Do Hickeys Last?
Hickeys or love bite can last for one to two weeks or more depend on the size and damage done to blood vessels. You can boost up the healing process and get rid of hickeys with natural remedies. There many ways to hide hickey which can save you from embarrassment in front of family and friends.
How to Get Rid of Hickeys Fast: Hikies Home Remedies
After a passionate night having love bites or kiss mark on your neck or another part of the body can make you feel little embarrassed going out to work, school or college. A Hickey takes one or two weeks to heal but you can boost the healing process with home remedies.
- Ice to Getting Rid of Hickeys
This is one of the best methods to get rid of hickeys. When you get a hockey blood leaks out through blood vessels and make a clot under the skin. It helps to reduce the size of love bites and stop blood clotting.
- Take few ice cubes and wrap in towel cloth. Apply wrapped ice cube on hickeys slowly and massage for 10-15 minutes. Don’t place ice directly on the skin.
- Aloe Vera Gel to Remove Hickey
Another wonderful home remedy for hickeys. Aloe vera works as a moisturizer and boost the healing process.
- Apply aloe vera gel on hickeys and leave it for 10 minutes. Repeat this remedy twice in a day until you get rid of hickeys.
- Use Toothbrush to Get Rid of Love Bite
A very simple home remedy which helps you to get rid of love bite very soon. Due to blood clotting, you get kiss mark on your body and toothbrush helps to remove those blood clotting.
- Take a toothbrush and brush it over the love bite. Apply some pressure while brushing and keep changing the direction to make way for blood to circulate in the vessel.
- Apply Heat to Get Rid of hickies
Heat on hickeys is the very effective home remedy. It helps to break clotting and boost the healing process. While you are using the hot method to remove hickeys, make sure you don’t burn yourself.
- You can soak a towel in hot water and apply on kiss mark. Do not use boiling water, just simply take hot water. This method works well one used on two days old hickeys.
- Rub Alcohol to Get Rid of a Hickey Fast
Rubbing alcohol is a very helpful home remedy to remove Hickey. You can use alcohol just after you get a kiss mark.
- Take a cotton ball and dip in alcohol. Massage dipped cotton ball on kiss mark for 5 minutes. Apply moisturizer once you have done with massage. Repeat this remedy 4-5 times in a day.
- Peppermint Oil for Hickey Removal
Peppermint is known to improve blood circulation and a very effective home remedy to remove hickey. You can massage with peppermint oil on kiss mark. Initially, you will feel little uncomfortable but after some time, you feel better. Instead of oil, you can use toothpaste containing peppermint. Repeat this remedy 3 times in a day.
- Toothpaste to Hide Kiss Mark
Toothpaste is very simple and beneficial home remedy for hickeys. The result of this home remedy depends on your skin health.
- Apply white toothpaste or mint containing toothpaste on the affected area. Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse it off. If you feel irritation on your skin before 30 minutes rinse it off. Repeat this remedy twice in a day.
- Banana Peel to Remove Love Bite
Due to its soothing and cooling properties, banana can help you to get rid of hickey fast. Apply inside of banana peel for 20 minutes in the affected area. Repeat this remedy 3 times in a day until you get relief from hickey.
- Get Rid of A Hickey with Vitamin K
Vitamin K stops blood clotting and improves blood circulation on vessels.
- Increase intake of vitamin K by eating food like rice, fish oil, soya bean etc.
- Massage with Vitamin K containing cream on the affected area.
- Vitamin K tablets are available in the market you can take them twice in a day.
- Tuna Oil to Remove Love Bites
Tuna oil is rich in vitamin E and omega which helps in the healing process and good for skin.
- Apply tuna oil on the affected area for 10 minutes and then remove with cotton cloth. Repeat this remedy twice in a day until you get relief from kiss mark.
How to Cover up a Hickey : Tips
Having a hickey can be embarrassing so there are many simple ways to hide a hickey.
- You can use makeup to cover up a hickey.
- If you have love bite on the neck, wear clothes that can cover up a hickey.
- Massage affected area with your finger for 10-20 minutes.
- Apply foundation powder on love bite.
- Use a scarf to hide a hickey at the neck.
A hickey is very common in teenagers and young adults. It can be irritated and embarrassing, they are red or pink bruises on the skin. It occurs because of blood clotting under the skin. You cover up a hickey by using make up or clothes. Use natural home remedy to get rid of a hickey. If you like to give us any feedback please comment below.