How to get rid of Mouth Ulcers fast? A mouth ulcer is painful and irritating sores, which occurs inside of cheeks, under the tongue, lips, throat, and on the floor of the mouth. They are white and grayish in color. These sores can be painful and cause burning pain inside the mouth. Mouth ulcers are also known as aphthous ulcers and they can be painful while talking, eating, drinking, or brushing teeth.
This problem is mainly harmless and most of the time clear by itself within a week. If the duration extends more than one week, then it’s time you need medical attention or a change in your lifestyle. The main reason why you keep getting mouth ulcers is because of stress and constipation. So you don’t need to visit a doctor and you can cure mouth ulcers at home by natural remedies.
This disease is also known as Canker Sores. Mouth Ulcers can happen to anyone but the research shows that women suffer more from mouth ulcers than men. People with a family history of mouth ulcers are more at risk to get mouth ulcers.
Type of Mouth Ulcer
There is mainly three types of ulcer:
- Minor Ulcer: This type of ulcer is very common and nearly found in 75-80 % of mouth ulcer cases. They are 3-8 mm in diameter usually take 1 -2 weeks to recover.
- Major Ulcer: This type of ulcer large in size and could take 3-4 weeks to heal. A major ulcer could leave a scar in the mouth. This type is more painful and irritating.
- Herpetiform Ulcers: It happens because of infection by herpes simplex and this type is very painful. This type of ulcer is formed by a cluster of small sores in the mouth. Herpetiform ulcers more found in women than men.
What Causes Mouth Ulcers?
There are many causes for mouth ulcers, which are mention below.
- Unhygienic dental conditions
- Deficiencies of vitamin B12, Vitamin C, and iron
- Allergic to foods
- Accidental bites in the mouth and the cheek
- Herpes simplex infections
- Hormonal imbalance
- Disease in bowels
- Skin disease
- Underlying disease conditions
- Family history
Symptoms of Mouth Ulcer
- Sores inside the mouth
- Swelling around the sores
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble chewing, brushing teeth
- Irritation or inflammation eating salty and spicy food
How to get rid of Mouth Ulcer? – Home Remedies
If you are suffering from this painful and irritating health problem. Follow below home remedies:
- Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is a good natural remedy to cure mouth ulcers. It has natural inflammatory properties, which reduces pain and burning sensation caused by sores.
- Gargling- Extract coconut milk from fresh coconut and gargle 2-3 times a day. You can massage coconut milk and honey mixture on the mouth ulcer.
- Coconut oil – Apply coconut oil on sores inside the mouth.
- Coriander Seeds
Another, good natural medicine for mouth ulcers. This ayurvedic remedy help to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Take one or two teaspoons of coriander seeds and boil in one glass of water.
- Strain this mixture and let it cool down.
- Gargle with this water 3-4 times a day.
- Clarified Butter (Desi Ghee)
This is one of the oldest natural treatments for mouth ulcers. It helps to soothe the pain and burning due to sores.
- Massage clarified butter on the infected area inside the mouth 3-4 times a day.
- Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera juice has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties which help to get rid of mouth ulcers. It is also a very effective remedy for stomach ulcers.
- Gargle aloe vera juice three times a day.
- You can drink 2 teaspoons of aloe vera juice if you are suffering from a stomach ulcer.
- Licorice Root
This natural herb work as a demulcent, which relieves irritation of the mucous membranes in the mouth by forming a protective coating over infected areas.
- Take one tablespoon of licorice and soak it for 4 hours in one cup of water.
- Rinse mouth with this water three times a day.
Honey is one simple home remedy for mouth ulcers. It keeps the infected area moisturized and helps to recover quickly.
- Apply honey on the sores, 3-4 times a day.
- Alternatively, you can also use glycerin or vitamin E oil instead of honey.
- Fenugreek Seeds
The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of fenugreek seeds help to cure mouth ulcers effectively.
- Boil one cup of fenugreek seeds in two cups of water for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain this mixture and let it cool down for a while covering it by plate or lid.
- Rinse mouth with this water 3-4 times a day.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda is known for neutralizing the acid, so it helps to neutralize acid present in the body due to food or soft drinks. It also removes germs and bacteria from the body and reduces pain and inflammation caused by mouth ulcers.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda and mix with some water to make it into a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the infected area 3-4 times a day.
- You can also apply baking soda directly to infected areas.
Peppermint and eucalyptus essential oil both have antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, which reduce pain and inflammation. They also have astringent properties and helps in healing mouth ulcers.
- Take 2 teaspoons of olive oil, 10 drops of peppermint oil, and 8 drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Pour all these oils in a glass mister bottle. Cover it with a cap and shake it well.
- Spray this mouth ulcer gel 2-3 times a day.
- Clove Oil
Clove oil works as a natural pain killer because it contains eugenol. It is widely used by the dentist to soothe the pain of patients. This is one of the proven home remedies to cure mouth ulcers.
- Take 4-5 drops of clove oil and mix with a half teaspoon of olive oil.
- Apply this mixture with the help of a cotton ball 3-4 times a day.
Turmeric has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties, it helps to remove germs and bacteria. It also increases the healing process and helps you to get rid of ulcers overnight.
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix it with glycerin.
- Make it into a thick paste and apply to infected areas 2-3 times a day.
- Alternatively, you can use a honey paste of one teaspoon of honey and a half teaspoon of turmeric powder to get a better
- Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry is an effective natural remedy for mouth ulcer cure. It is also prevented from mouth ulcer by curing its causes like constipation and indigestion.
- Make a paste from fresh Indian gooseberry and apply it on infected areas.
- You gargle it by mixing it with water.
- Take 2 teaspoons of Indian gooseberry and mix with one cup of water.
- Gargle with this mixture 2-3 times a day until you get relief from mouth ulcers.
- Basil Leaves
Basil leaves have antioxidant and antibiotic properties which help in mouth ulcer treatment.
- Chewing 4-5 basil leaves 4-5 times in a day with water to recover from canker sores quickly.
- Chamomile Tea Bag
Chamomile is commonly used as a sleep-inducing natural remedy. It also helps to relax your body and reduce pain in sores.
- Take one chamomile tea bag and soak it for 1 minute in the water.
- Apply this wet tea bag directly on canker sores twice a day.
- Alternately, you can use chamomile flowers.
Yogurt is a simple and easily available home remedy for mouth ulcer cure. It helps to balance bacteria in the mouth.
- Eating yogurt daily twice a day not only helps to remove but also prevents you from keep getting a mouth ulcer.
Baba Ramdev Ayurvedic Medicine for Mouth Ulcer Cure
Below ayurvedic herbal medicine, you can use to cure mouth ulcers.
- Divya Khadiradi Vati– It’s a Baba Ramdev ayurvedic medicine to get rid of mouth ulcers quickly. Chew 5-6 Divya khadiradi vati tablet in a day. You can get this ayurvedic medicine from the Patanjali store.
- Arimedadi taila– Gargle 2-3 times in a day.
- Triphala kashaya– Two teaspoons of Triphala powder boiled in one cup of water. Gargle with this 2-3 times in a day.
- Eladi Vati– Chew this ayurvedic medicine 3-4 times a day for mouth ulcer treatment.
Precaution & Prevention tips for Mouth Ulcer
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Don’t eat salty and spicy food.
- Eat more fruits and fiber-rich food.
- Avoid chewing gum
- If you have any underlying diseases like Diabetes, or constipation make sure you managed them properly for Mouth Ulcer prevention.