How to Get Rid of Razor Bumps? Razor bumps also known as ingrown hair are red and small burning bumps on the skin. Every grown man and woman have gone through this irritating and annoying problem. It occur when you shaved your hair and some remained in hair follicle which starts growing back into the skin. And these hair cause irritation and burning sensation on the skin.
Razor bumps are mainly red in color. For men, they can occur on your face, neck, chest, leg, vagina or other shaved body parts and women it can occur at vagina which is also known as bikini bumps. There are many cream and gel available in the market for razor bumps but they can have side effects if you have sensitive skin. We recommend you to go natural to prevent and get rid of razor bumps fast Overnight with natural remedies at home.
People with sensitive skin are more at risk to have razor bumps or bikini bumps. So whenever you shaving your body parts to remove hair be careful and choose shaving cream according to your skin sensitivity. Razor bumps are more common in people with curly hair.
What are the Causes of Razor Bumps?
- Using a dull blade while shaving your hair.
- Your skin is sensitive to shaving cream
- Shaving dry
- Using hand soap
- Sensitive skin
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Razor Bumps Fast
Honey is an effective natural herb to cure many skin problem such as acne, dry skin etc. and also helps to get rid of razor bumps. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Honey can provide you relief from redness and swelling due to razor bumps.
- Massage with honey on if you have razor bumps on face. You can apply honey with a soft brush or with your hand. Let it dry on your face and wash it with cold water. You can do this remedy 2-3 times in a day.
One of the best home remedy to get rid of razor bumps fast. It has anti-inflammatory properties which are used to cure redness and reduce burning sensation caused by razor bumps.
- Take two tablets of aspirin and mix with warm water to make a thick paste. Now apply the paste on razor bumps for fast relief. Leave it for at least 10 minutes. Wash your face with warm water and use this homemade remedy for 2 times a day.
- Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a good home remedy for razor burn treatment. After shaving if you are suffering from razor burn or swelling apply this home remedy.
- Take few drops of tea tree oil and apply on your face just after shaving for the best It will help to prevent razor burn and red rashes.
- Coconut Oil
Another wonderful and simple home remedy for razor burn cure. Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties which help to get rid of burning sensation and make your skin smooth.
- Apply coconut skin as lotion on your face after a shave. It also helps to cure dry skin and other skin problem.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Anti-inflammatory properties of ACV helps to get rid of burning sensation due to hair bumps on face, legs or neck. It also helps to prevent itching and infection because of its acidic nature.
- Take 2 tablespoons of ACV and a cotton ball. Dip a cotton ball in it and rub it on hair bumps. Let it dry and then clean it off with water. Apply this remedy 2-3 times in a day.
- Aloe Vera
To get instant relief from razor burn or bikini burn using this natural herb. It has anti-inflammatory properties which help to stops burning sensation due to shaving rash.
- You need to extract fresh gel from aloe vera leaves. Apply aloe vera gel on infected area with help of cotton ball. Let aloe vera gel dry and the wash it off with water. Keep doing this remedy 2-3 times in a day for 3 days.
Oatmeal has anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce burning sensation and red rashes because of razor bumps.
- Take some oatmeal and mix with yogurt to make cream like paste. Also, add a tablespoon of honey to this paste. Apply this homemade anti-shaving bumps cream and leave it for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes when it completely dries wash it off with cold water. Apply this cream twice in a day for 2 days.
- Hot Compress
Another simple home remedy to get rid of razor bumps on face, neck or vagina. Hot compress will reduce the swelling and burning sensation. It will also help to kill germs from the affected area.
- Take a bowl of hot water and a cotton ball. Now dip a cotton ball in hot water and squeeze it so that extra water is out. Apply this cotton ball affected area for 5- 10 minutes. Repeat this remedy until you get relief from razor bumps.
- Make Razor Bumps
Baking soda is a good natural remedy to get rid of razor rashes. It has a soothing effect on the skin due to its anti-inflammatory properties. This remedy is also working wonder if you have razor bumps on vagina.
- Take a bowl of water and mix baking soda in it. Now apply this mixture with the help of cotton ball on to the razor rashes. Let it be there for 5 minutes and wash it off with water. Repeat this remedy 2-3 times in a day until you get relief.
- Cold Compress
Another wonderful remedy to get rid of burning sensation due to razor bump on vagina. Cold compress makes your skin soft and stops burning sensation instantly.
- Take a few ice cubes and wrap in a cotton cloth. Now apply it on your affected area. Do this remedy two times in a day for fast relief.
- You can also apply ice cubes directly to cure razor bumps on vagina.
- How to Remove Blackheads Fast
- How to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites
How to Prevent Razor Bumps: Prevention Tips
Razor bumps or bikini bumps can be prevented by following below tips-
- Before shaving moistens then skin with water and soap. It will make your hair soft and easy to shave.
- Your shaving gel should be thick.
- While shaving does not pull or stretch your skin. Make sure you always shave in the same direction as hair growth.
- Razor stroke should be less if possible.
- Always rinse your face with cold water after shaving.
- You can also use an electric razor if you don’t want a close
- Use a moisturizer after shaving.
How Long do Razor Bumps Last?
Razor bumps or razor burns are a very common problem for the people who shave their hair. This problem can last from 1 day to 5 days. You can use above natural remedies to get rid of Razor Bumps Overnight Fast on face neck or legs.