How to Get Rid of Ringworm: Ringworm is a fungal infection which is known as dermatophytosis or tinea in medical science. This is a skin infection which mainly occurs at legs, scalp, arms, neck, and fingernails. Ringworm is a contagious skin infection and needs proper medical attention.
This infection can happen one person to another by sharing clothes and personal items. There are millions of Antifungal skin creams are available in the market for ringworm cure, but they are not a hundred % successful and can cause you some side effects. Follow below home remedies to get rid of ringworm without any side effects.
How Contagious is Ringworm in Humans?
Ringworm is highly contagious and can be spread by skin contact or sharing personal item like clothes. It can happen to anyone but children are more at risk because they make more contact with others than an adult. This fungal infection can occur because of using infected comb or brushes. Ringworm can be caused by numbers of fungi species.
Dermatophytes are the very common type of fungi which cause ringworm and that belongs to Microsporum and Trichophyton genera. Ringworm is mainly circular in shape and can happen to any part of the skin.
Symptoms of Ringworm
Mainly ringworm is circular or ring-like rashes on the skin. They are mostly red in color and cause you itching. It can occur on any part of your body but legs, scalp, arms, neck, and fingernails are more at risk.
Causes: How do You Get Ringworm?
Ringworm is a contagious problem and it can occur due to the following reason.
- Making contact with an infected person.
- It can happen due to contact with animals.
- Objects like combs, clothes, brushes or towels can cause you ringworm.
- Ringworm can happen to your skin if you are in contact with soil for a long period of time.
Home Remedies to Getting Rid Of Ringworm Fast
Follow below natural home remedy for ringworm cure. Natural remedies don’t have any side effects and you can easily make them at home.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies to get rid of ringworm in a week. It has antifungal properties which help to fight with fungus.
- It can be used directly on affected areas of your body. Apply undiluted form of apple cider vinegar on the affected area. Use this home remedy 2-3 times in a day and you can get rid of ringworm within a week.
- Olive Leaf
Olive leaf is another wonderful medicine for ringworm treatment. This remedy has antifungal properties which kill fungus and cure ringworm. It also helps to improve the immunity system of your body that results in faster recovery.
- Consume olive leafs 3 times in a day to get fast relief from ringworm.
Garlic is one of the simplest and easily available home remedies to cure ringworm. Antifungal properties of garlic help to get rid of many types of fungal infections.
- Take few garlic cloves and peel their skin. Cut them into small pieces. Put those pieces on the affected area and wrap with a clean bandage. Leave it for a night or a day for better result.
- You can also make a paste of garlic cloves which will work as an antifungal cream for ringworm. Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it for overnight. Wash it off with water in the morning. Do this remedy for a week to get rid of ringworm.
- Tea Tree Oil
One of the most used natural herb in cosmetic products. It has antifungal and antiseptic properties which make tea tree oil is a good remedy for ringworm treatment.
- Apply tea tree oil directly on the affected area of your body with help of cotton ball. Use this natural oil 2-3 times in a day.
- You can also mix tea tree oil with water in equal amount and apply on the ringworm. Do this remedy twice in a day for fast result.
Neem is also known as Indian Lilac which is used to cure so many skin and health problem. It has antiseptic, antifungal and antibacterial properties which make this natural herb a wonderful remedy for ringworm treatment.
- Take neem oil and apply directly to the affected area twice in a day. You will get relief from ringworm within 3 days.
- You can also mix neem oil with aloe vera gel and apply on ringworm.
- Take a handful of crushed neem leaves and mix them with sesame oil and turmeric. Apply this mixture for fast ringworm treatment.
- Vinegar and Salt
Vinegar and salt are the best ringworm treatment. Due to their antifungal properties, vinegar and salt help to cure ringworm.
- You can make a fine paste of salt and vinegar. This natural ringworm cream will help you get rid of ringworm in 3 days.
Due to antifungal properties papaya helps to cure ringworm. This is an easily available home remedy for ringworm treatment.
- Take a slice of raw papaya and rub it on the infected area. Leave it for 15 -20 minutes and then wash it off with water. Use this remedy 2-3 times in a day until you get rid of the infection.
- You can also make a paste of papaya seeds and apply on affected area.
- Extract juice from papaya leaf and apply on the ringworm until you get relief.
Basil herb is used to cure many health issues and it can also help you to get rid of the ring. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties which kill the infection.
- Take fresh leaves of basil and extract juice from them. Apply basil juice on infected area 2 times a day. Keep doing this remedy until the infection is completely cured.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a very effective home remedy for ringworm treatment due to its healing properties. It also gives you relief from itching and burning sensations.
- Apply coconut oil on the infected area and leave it for a night. Do this remedy until you get rid of ringworm.
- Read: How to get rid of Mouth Ulcers Fast
- How to remove a Cyst at Home
10. Jojoba Oil and Lavender Oil
The oils have antibacterial properties and work as a soothing agent which makes it an effective remedy for ringworm.
- Take 3-4 drops of lavender oil and mix with one teaspoon of jojoba oil. Apply this mixture of oil on infected area twice in a day. Use this remedy for a week to clear ringworm permanently.
Myrrh is one of the oldest remedies to use for ringworm treatment. It can cure ringworm fast and permanently due to its antiseptic and antifungal properties.
Myrrh is also used to cure other skin problem like rashes or itching. This natural herb also gives you relief in burning sensation and itching due to ringworm.
- Take 10 drops of myrrh and mix with 1 cup of water. Wash your ringworm with this mixture 2-3 times in a day.
- You can also make a paste of goldenseal powder, myrrh powder, and some water. Use this remedy 2-3 times in a day for a week.
Antifungal and antibacterial properties of camphor make is a wonderful remedy to cure ringworm. It also stops itching and inflammation caused by ringworm.
- Take camphor powder and mix with sesame oil. Apply this mixture on the affected area of the body twice in a day. Do this remedy until ringworm is cleared.
Turmeric has antibiotic and antibacterial properties which help to cure ringworm. Extract juice from fresh turmeric and apply directly on ringworm with the help of a cotton ball. Apply this natural remedy three times a day until you get rid of ringworm.
- Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is used for multiple skin infection and also help to get rid of ringworm. It has antifungal properties which kill harmful bacteria and fungus.
- Take aloe vera gel and apply on the infected area 2-3 times in a day. Use this remedy for a week to get rid of ringworm.
- Drink Lemongrass Tea
Lemongrass tea is another homemade remedy for ringworm which works as a powerful antifungal agent. It also provides relief in itching and inflammation due to anti-inflammatory properties.
- You can drink lemongrass tea 2-3 times in a day to treat ringworm. Apply used tea bag on infected area for fast relief. Do this remedy until you get rid of ringworm.
- Alternatively, you can drink a mixture of lemongrass tea and chamomile tea 2 times in a day for a week.
Must Read: Bed Sore Stages & Treatment at Home
Over the Counter Antifungal Cream for Ringworm
If you have chronic ringworm, then you can use over the counter cream available in the market. There is some very effective antifungal cream like Tenovate-m skin cream. It will not only cure and remove ringworm but also provide you relief from itching and burning sensation.
How Long Does It Take To Get Rid of Ringworm?
Sometimes ringworm can disappear without treatment but it will take months. If you have chronic ringworm then you need medical attention. It will take 2-3 days to cure ringworm with treatment. There are many antifungal creams available in the market but we recommend you to use above natural remedies to get rid of ringworm naturally without any side effects.
Ringworm is a skin infection which is mainly caused by dermatophyte fungus. Most of the time they can disappear itself but that can take months. To get rid of ringworm fast you can use above natural remedy and over the counter cream. It is not a serious health issue but it can be irritating and can disturb your daily life.
Ringworm is a contagious skin problem so you should avoid making contact with infected people and objects. If you have any suggestion or any remedy which we mention to forget please let us know by commenting below. Use above Home remedies to get rid of ringworm fast at home.