Many people search how to get taller? Or is it possible to get taller after 18? You height mainly depends on your genetics and hormones. Apart from genetics other factors which can affect your growth are environment and diet. Women height increases naturally till 18 and men height can increase till 21. After this chance of getting taller becomes very low. There is no medication which can help you to increase your height but with some change in diet and exercise, there is a possibility to increase your height.
The hormone which helps in your growth is known as HGH (Human Growth Hormone). It occurs in the master gland of our body. Once you complete the puberty age the HGH production in your body stops so does the chance of your getting taller. But there is some chance you might reproduce this hormone with naturally by doing some exercise and tricks.
Height Increasing Exercises after 18, 20 or 25 Years
A good height makes your personality stronger and boosts your confidence. Short height can decrease your self-confidence. Even you cannot pursue many professions because of height eligibility criteria. You might have already tried many medications but nothing works. So try height increasing exercise to increase height naturally.
- Swimming to Grow Taller Fast
Swimming is considered to be the best exercise to increase height naturally. Regular swimming is a very effective cardio exercise to increase height. It stretches all parts of your body. Swimming also helps to reduce weight. You should swim at least 40 to 60 minutes in a day or 5 hours in a week to get taller. If you don’t know swimming then get a trainer and learn how to swim under proper guidelines.
- Super Cobra Pose for Increasing Height after 18
Super Cobra is very effective exercise for height growth. This is very simple exercise which you can perform at home. You just need a mat to practice this exercise.
- You need to keep your arms 90 degrees to the ground and your spine in shape of arched. Then bend your hip and make your body in the shape of inverted V. when you make your shape like inverted V keep your chin close to the chest.
- Keep this pose for 3o seconds and repeat it for 5 minutes.
- Hanging Exercise to Increase Your Height
Hanging is an excellent exercise to increase height. You can perform this exercise with the help of bar or on a tree branch nearby your house. This exercise expands your spine and helps to make you grow taller. Do this exercise for 30 minutes daily.
- Pelvic Shift Exercise
Pelvic shift exercise is the best way to stretch the spine and lower hips that helps to grow taller fast. This is also very easy exercise which you can perform at home.
- You need to lie down on the floor and place your shoulder and arm on the floor. Now bent your knees and your foot should be on the floor.
- Lift your hip to make a straight line from neck to knees and remain in this pose for 30 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise for 5 minutes.
- Jumping Exercises to Grow Taller
Another very effective exercise to increase height faster. Jumping exercise stretch the spine and your calf muscles. It also helps to increase blood circulation in the bones which increase bones density. You can do some easy jumping exercise like spot jumping, rope jumping, squats etc. You can also play basketball to increase height.
Note : Make sure you perform all these exercise under the presence of a trainer.
Natural Ways to Increase Your Height Fast
Proper nutrients are very important for height growth. Good food and natural remedy can help you in growing taller.
- Ashwagandha Medicine to Increase Height
Ashwagandha is an Ayurveda Medicine which is also known as Indian ginseng. This ayurvedic medicine helps to increase height and also improve your immunity system.
- You consume ashwagandha with milk. Add two tablespoons of ashwagandha in milk and drink in breakfast or before going to bed. If you don’t like the taste you can add some sugar or jaggery.
- Ashwagandha also available in tablets. So you can take one after breakfast with milk and one before going to bed.
- Consume more Calcium to Grow Taller
Calcium is very important to keep your bones healthy and strong. Less calcium intake can decrease your height growth. Bones are made of calcium so it is very important to main calcium level in your body. Drink more milk, yogurt and eggs etc. You can also take calcium tablets but consult with your doctor first.
- Proper Diet for Increase Height
Proper diet is essential for height growth. Take a balanced diet with protein, carbohydrates, green vegetable and fruits. A balanced diet is important for hormone production which helps to grow taller.
- Include foods in your diets which contain a high amount of protein, complex carbohydrate, all type of vitamins and required nutrients.
- Increase the intake of milk, nuts leafy vegetable, beans, eggs, carrots and lean meats for proper growth.
- Proper Sleep to Grow Naturally
Proper rest is also very important for proper growth. So sleep at least 8 hours in a day. A proper sleep helps in digestion and body functioning. Growth hormone mainly released while you are sleeping and do their work.
The posture of your sleep is also important for growth. Because a bad posture can affect your spine so always try to sleep in a way that your spine should be straight.
How to Increase Height by Yoga?
Another best way to increase your height is doing yoga at home. Yoga is an ancient exercise which helps in your proper growth. It also helps to remove stress and make you feel relaxed which is very important for hormone production.
You can perform yoga at home. Best yoga asana which helps to increase your height are trikona asana, tadasana, Natrajasana, surya namaskar etc. These yoga asana helps to stretch every part of your body, especially spine which helps to increase height naturally.
Note: Learn proper posture of yoga asanas from a yoga teacher.
Some Other Height Increase Tips
Simple changes in your daily activity can help you grow taller naturally.
- Cycling- It is one of the best ways to lose fat but can also help you grow taller. It stretches your leg and hands muscle that helps in height growth. You can use a basic bicycle for cycling daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Walking- This simple activity also involves all parts of your body. It helps to maintain your overall health and help it grow properly. Walking also helps in hormone production which is responsible for height growth.
- Practice Good Posture- A good posture can help you look taller. A bad posture for a long time can affect your height and cause you back pain problems.
A good height always improves your personality and boost your confidence. Increasing height naturally after 18 is little difficult but not impossible. You can increase your height by doing regular exercise and taking proper diet. Doing regular yoga can also help you get taller fast. leave your feedback and suggestion in the comment box.