In a very fast moving lifestyle where you don’t have time to sleep, eat and rest properly that my leads you to Migraine problem. It is a very common chronic head pain after back pain. In a migraine, you will feel pain on one side of the head. This half side head pain will make you very sensitive towards the light, sound and feel like vomiting. You can easily cure a migraine at home without painkiller by doing some changes in your lifestyle. Natural and ayurvedic remedies have proven a very effective treatment for Migraine Instant relief at home.
24 million American are suffering from a migraine. Migraine pain attack can last for hours or for days and in some cases, it could last for months. It is serious health issue one should not overlook or take it as a normal headache. Normally people have a tendency to take some painkiller for Instant relief whenever they have a headache, we must advise you to not to do that.Here we will provide you some tips for instant relief and to get rid of a migraine.
There are many types of a migraine according to The International Classification of Headache Disorders. Two very common type migraine are:
- A migraine with aura – Known as classic or a complicated migraine. This type of a migraine comes with indication prior to a headache. You will start feeling visual disturbance and other neurological problem before 20 – 60 minutes of head pain.
- A migraine without aura– A very common type of a migraine. In this type of a migraine, you will feel a severe headache on one side of your head. It could last for 4- 72 hours.
Symptoms of Migraine Headache
A migraine is a complex health problem with large no. of symptoms. Symptoms can vary person to person and one attack to next migraine attack. There are four stages prodrome, aura, headache, and postdrome. It’s not necessary that you will go through all the stages.
First Stage – Migraine Prodrome Symptoms
1 or 2 days before migraine attack you may start feeling:-
- Food Craving
- Mood Changes
- Neck Stiffness
- Increased urination and thirst
- Frequent yawning
Second Stage- Migraine Aura Symptoms
It occurs to very less number of people before or during a migraine. Its symptoms of the nervous system that make you very sensitive towards the light. “You may see a little jagged line that will develop some cross hatches, and it might sort of move in a curved direction,” Dr. Calhoun says.
Sometime aura could be verbal (Audio) or movement disturbance, touching sensation. You could feel an aura migraine without a headache. It could last for 20 – 60 mins.
- Visual phenomena, such as flickering lights, spots, or lines.
- Vision loss
- Pinching and needless sensation in arms and legs
- Numbness in one side of the body
- Difficulty speaking
- Uncontrollable body movement
- Hearing music and noise
- Limb weakness could happen because of Aura migraine.
Third Stage: Migraine Attack (Headache) Symptoms
Migraine attack could last for 72 hours. The frequency of head pain varies from person to person.
- Pain on one side of your head
- Pain in the eyes
- Pulsating pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred vision
- Sensitivity to light, sounds, and sometimes smells and touch
Fourth Stage: Migraine Post-drome Symptoms
It is the final stage of migraine which occur after migraine pain. It could last for a day.
- Confused and lazy
- Sensitivity to light and sound
The cause of Migraine Headache, why it happens?
- Lack of restful sleep
- Genetics and environmental factor could be one of the reasons for migraine.
- Working in night
- Brain chemicals imbalance
- Hormonal change in a woman, It mainly happens just before the period. It could happen during pregnancy or menopause.
- Food can be one of the reasons for migraine problem. Skipping meal or fasting may lead to migraine attack.
- Bright light, sun glare, loud sound can trigger headache. Strong smell can also be the reason for migraine attack.
- Sexual activity may cause migraine.
- Oral contraceptives and vasodilators, such as nitroglycerin, can trigger migraines.
Natural and Home Remedies for Migraine Instant relief
Researchers are yet to find the exact reason behind migraine attack, they can only understand the psychological change after the attack. When an attack happens people usually take painkillers. We suggest you not take pain killer because they have many side effects. You can cure migraine at home by natural and ayurvedic remedies. We suggest you take natural herbs for migraine treatment to avoid side effects from painkiller. Some effective natural remedies to cure migraine are below:-
1. Lavender Oil:
Lavender oil could be a very useful natural remedy to provide Migraine Instant relief in attack. Ways to use lavender oil to get rid of Migraine pain-
- Inhale: Not lavender has great fragrance but also inhaling Lavender oil could provide relief from a headache. You can inhale by putting few drop of lavender oil on handkerchief or tissue paper to get relief from head pain. Add 3 drops oil in 3 cups of boiling water to inhale the steam
- Massage: Mix 3 drops in 1 tablespoon almond oil or olive oil and massage your forehead.
- Footbath: You can have a foot bath of lavender oil and peppermint since the hot water draws blood to your feet and the aroma relaxes you.
Note – one should not drink lavender oil.
2. Peppermint Oil:
Peppermint oil is a natural herb which can be used as to cure Head pain. It has vaso-constricting and vaso dilating properties which are very useful to control blood flow in the body.
Ways to use peppermint oil to cure migraine
- Inhaling: Inhaling peppermint oil can provide relief from migraine pain at home.
- Massage: You can massage back of your neck mixing 3 drops of peppermint oil in one tablespoon of almond oil to cure migraine.
- Tea: You can make the herbal tea by adding one tablespoon of dried peppermint in a cup of boiling water. Add honey for taste and sweeten tea.
3. Basil Oil:
Basil oil is another home remedy to cure migraine pain. This strongly smelled herb is mostly used for pizza and pasta. It also smells and good in taste. It works as a muscle relaxant and helps to cure head pain caused by stress and tight muscle.
Ways to take basil Oil as homemade remedies for Migraine Instant relief
- Basil Leaf Tea- Add 3-4 fresh basil leaves in a cup of boiling water, let simmer for some time. You can use honey for sweetening Drink tea slowly sips by sip.
- Chewing- Chewing fresh basil leaves also helps cure migraine.
- Inhaling- Take a bowl of boiling water, add 4-5 drops of basil oil and inhale the steam.
Cloves are a very recognized home remedy which is very useful in many health problems. It has cooling and pain relieving properties that can be a good home remedy for Migraine Instant relief.
Ways to use clove for migraine treatment at home –
- Crushed Clove: Take few clove, crushed them gently and put into a clean handkerchief. Inhale the crushed clove during the head pain until you get relief.
- Massage with clove oil: Mix 2 drop of clove oil with coconut oil with sea salt and massage on your forehead.
Ice can be used to get relief from migraine pain. It reduces inflammable that can cause you a headache. You can keep wet towel dipped in ice water to get relief from head pain.
Cinnamon is a very useful home remedy to cure head pain.
Ways to use cinnamon to get rid of head pain:
- Cinnamon Paste- Take cinnamon stick grind them to powder, add some water to make a paste. Apply it on your forehead and keep it for 30 minutes, and wash it with warm water.
Ayurvedic & Baba Ramdev Treatment for headache Migraine Instant relief
In Ayurveda migraine is known as ‘Sooryavarta’. Soorya means ‘Sun’ and avarta means ‘affliction’ or ‘blockage. According to Ayurveda the headache gets worsened at sunrise, peaks at noon and reduces after evening.
Ayurvedic home remedies for migraine Cure:
Shirolepa – Application of herbal pastes which pacify Pitta Dosha like Sandalwood, camphor, Jatamansi.
Shiro Dhara – Pouring of a thin stream of liquid on the scalp.
Ayurvedic medications to cure migraine:
SUVARNA SUTASHEKHARA RAS – This is the most commonly prescribed Ayurvedic medicine for treating migraine. It helps you to prevent and cure migraine attack. Take one dose of 125 milligrams twice daily. The medication is to be taken with milk.
GODANTI BHASMA – Take one gram thrice daily with honey.
Baba Ramdev (Patanjali) medicine for Migraine:
- Divya moti pishti
- Godanti bhasma
- Divya pravala pisti
Baba Ramdev Yoga for Migraine Headache Cure:
Yoga is one of the best ways to cure and prevent migraine pain at home. Below is few yogasan you can perform at home. For instruction use youtube video of Baba Ramdev performing yoga to cure migraine.
- Forward Virasana
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Dog)
- Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide Angle Standing Forward Bend)
- Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend)
- Janusirsasana (Head to Knee Pose)
- Pascimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)