How to stop loose motions immediately: Is your stomach upset and you urge to go toilet frequently? Then you are suffering from loose motion. In the loose motion, your bowel movement is loose and watery. Viral or bacterial infections are two major causes for this disease. Loose motion can be acute or chronic. An acute loose motion last for 2-3 days and sometimes stop itself without any treatment.
Chronic Loose motions can last for four weeks and it mainly happens due to intestine disorder. It may be the symptom of a more serious health condition such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or inflammatory bowel disease. It is common problem and happens to most of the people once or twice in a year. Sometimes loose motions stop itself or you can use Natural remedies to stop loose motions at home.
Loose Motions are also known as diarrhea. This health problem is preventable and treatable still the second leading cause of death in children age less than 5 years. Every year it kills approximately 750,000 children age less than 5 years around the world. This disease is leading cause of malnutrition in children. Natural remedies are considerably best way to cure loose motions or diarrhea.
Type of Loose motions (Diarrhea)
Loose motions can be classified into two types one is the duration and another one is its mechanism.
Type of loose motion based on duration
- Acute Loose motion – lasts several hours or days
- Chronic Loose motions – also called dysentery and could last for 4 weeks.
- Persistent loose motions – could last four 14 days and longer.
Type of loose emotions based on mechanism.
- Osmotic Loose motions- When the digestive system stops absorbing sugar, alcohol, and other substance then unabsorbed substance draw water to intestine which result in a watery stool.
- Secretory Loose motions: This type of loose motion happen due secretion of water by intestine into the stools. This comes under acute loose motion type with stops in 1- 2 days.
- Exudative Loose motions- This type of loose motion happens when colon produce blood and mucus because of inflammation. The exudative loose motion could cause you some series disease like tuberculosis, colon cancer, and irrigational bowel disease (IBD).
- Paradoxical Loose motions: It is basically a complication of constipation in which you urge to go toilet but not able to pass the stool.
- Pseudo Loose motions: This type of loose motion happen because of eating disorder or overuse laxatives.
Symptoms of Loose motions (Diarrhea)
- Abdominal pain
- Weight Loss
- Mucus in stool
- Bloody stools
- A frequent urge for bowels
- Watery stools
Causes of Diarrhea: Why loose motion occurs?
- Laxative abuse
- Eating unhealthy food with upsets stomach.
- Excessive Alcohol
- Disease of intestine
- Overactive thyroid
- Surgery on digestive systems
Home Remedies for Loose Motion Instant Treatment
As we know loose motions are a very common health issue and it can be treated at home. Use below are Natural Remedies to stop diarrhea.
- Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties and which help to stop watery stool. This is a good home remedy for loose motions.
Way to take
- Fenugreek seeds powder: Take two or three teaspoons of fenugreek seeds and by crushing or blending make it into a fine powder. Add this powder in water and mix it well. Drink this mixture in the morning empty stomach for three days to get rid of loose motions.
Buttermilk is very good for improving digestive system and provide strength to your digestive system. It also has anti-bacterial properties which fight with bacteria and provide strength to your digestive system. Buttermilk loved and wonderful natural remedy to stop loose motions in kids.
Way to take buttermilk
- Buttermilk: Take a glass of buttermilk and add one teaspoon of salt. In addition to this, you can add a pinch of turmeric powder or black pepper. Drink this mixture three times in a day to get instant relief from loose motion.
- Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural remedies to stop loose motions. Its antibiotic properties cure diarrhea symptoms in the intestine.
Way to take
- ACV with honey: Take 2 teaspoons of pure apple cider vinegar and mix well in one glass of water. Add one teaspoon honey to it and drink twice or thrice in a day.
Bananas are great and one of easily available food that stop diarrhea. It contains pectin which helps to stop diarrhea. Bananas help to help to absorb water in the intestine and stop watery stool.
Way to use Bananas to cure diarrhea.
- Eating a ripe banana after every few hours.
- Yogurt smoothie with ripe banana three or four times in a day is another home remedy you can use to treat diarrhea.
- Mash 2 boiled raw bananas and little lemon juice to it. You can also add a pinch of salt before eating it.
- Mustard Seeds
Mustard seeds have antibacterial properties which help in loose motion treatment.
Way to take mustard seeds to stop diarrhea.
- Mustard seeds with water: Take one-fourth teaspoon of mustard seeds and dip in a tablespoon of water. Let it be there for few hours and then drink this mixture. Take this home remedy twice in a day.
Pomegranate is another good natural remedy and It has antibacterial and antifungal properties which help in loose motion treatment.
Way to use pomegranate.
- Eating pomegranate is a good way to cure diarrhea symptoms. You can also drink pomegranate juice three or four times in a day.
- Take pomegranate leaves and boil them in water for 10 minutes. Let the water cool down and strain this mixture before drinking. Do this natural remedy twice in a day.
Another good natural remedy to cure diarrhea and its symptoms. Chamomile has antispasmodic properties which help to cure stomach pain and abdominal spasm during loose motion.
Way to use chamomile
- Chamomile and peppermint: Take one teaspoon of each chamomile flower and peppermint leaves. Dip them in a cup of hot water and leave it for 10 minutes. Then drink this mixture after straining twice in a day to get instant relief from loose motions.
- You can also drink chamomile tea using tea bags.
Lemon keep you hydrated and improve your digestive system.
Way to take the lemon
- Lemon Juice: Take out lemon juice from 2 fresh lemons. Add lemon juice, one teaspoon of salt, and one teaspoon of sugar in a glass water. Make and drink this mixture after every hour to get rid of diarrhea.
- Bottle Gourd Juice
Bottle gourd juice also helps to keep you hydrated and maintain the water level in your body.
Way to use bottle gourd juice.
- Extract juice from one bottle gourd by blending and squeezing it. Drink this twice or thrice in a day.
Ginger another good natural remedy to cure loose motions and helps to reduce diarrhea symptoms like pain and inflammation in the intestine. It is very effective diarrhea treatment because of its anti-bacterial properties.
Way to use ginger to stop loose motions.
- Ginger powder with buttermilk: Take one cup of buttermilk and add one teaspoon of ginger powder. Mix ginger powder well in buttermilk and drink twice in a day until you get relief from loose motion.
- Another way to take the ginger powder, take one teaspoon of each ginger powder, cumin powder, cinnamon powder and honey and mix it well. Take this mixture twice or thrice in a day for 2-3 days.
Turmeric is a good natural remedy which directly comes from your kitchen to cure loose motion. Its antibiotic properties help in diarrhea treatment.
Way to take turmeric:
- Turmeric powder with water: take one-fourth teaspoon of turmeric and add in lukewarm water. Mix it well and drink twice in a day.
Ayurvedic Baba Ramdev Medicine to cure Loose Motions
Below are few ayurvedic remedies you can use to stop loose motions.
- Isabgol (Psyllium husk): Add two teaspoons of isabgol and three teaspoons of curd. Take this mixture once or twice in a day until you get rid of loose motion.
- Divya Kutajghan Vati: It is a Baba Ramdev ayurvedic medicine for diarrhea. It helps to improve digestive system and reduce stomach pain.
Precautions Tips during loose motion (Diarrhea)
- Stop drinking alcohol
- Take more liquid diet
- Avoid coffee
- Don’t Drink apple juice or pear juice and any other liquid which has Laxative effect.
- Avoid spicy, salty and very sweet food to Prevent loose motion.
- Drink ORS solution on regular interval