Are there natural ways to avoid pregnancy at home? Having a baby is a blessing of God and everyone likes to have children at some point in time in their life. But now a day’s people’s lives have changed, and they like to plan on having a baby. In the U.S.A. more than 3.5 million women got pregnant because of unprotected intercourse.
Sometimes protected sex is also not 100% secure and you may get pregnant after all protection measurements. To avoid and prevent pregnancy naturally you can follow 15 ways and natural remedies.
Around 85% of women involved in sexual activity and don’t use contraceptives can get pregnant within a year. A woman can get pregnant during breastfeeding, menstruation, and even after 10-15 days of delivery. Nowadays women are searching for a natural way to avoid pregnancy because using birth control can have a side effect on your body.
Excessive use of child control pills reduces the chances of getting pregnant in the future. Try natural ways to avoid pregnancy which helps you to understand your body and keep you safe from side effects.
Natural Home Remedies to Avoid Pregnancy
If you are worrying too much using birth control pills because of their side effects. Then you can follow below home remedies and methods to prevent pregnancy.
1. Cotton Root Bark
The cotton root bark is a very effective home remedy to prevent pregnancy. This treatment stimulates a hormone known as oxytocin which is responsible for childbirth.
- Take 3-4 small cotton root pieces and add to tea or in a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for a few minutes and then drink.
- You can take this remedy twice in a day.
2. Smart Weed Leaves
Smartweed leaves are simply one of the most effective remedies to stop unwanted pregnancy. This natural remedy is blessed with a component like gallic acid, quercetin acid, and rutin.
- Take four ounces of fresh weed leaves and boil it in four cups of water.
- Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes then strain it.
- Drink this natural remedy until you get your menstrual cycle.
- This remedy also helps you to get your period on time.
Read: Homemade Pregnancy Test
3. Neem Leaves
It may surprise you, but neem is an excellent remedy for birth control. Neem can work as natural contraception and help you avoid pregnancy. It helps to decrease sperm motility and even kill them.
- You can consume fresh neem leaves daily, or neem oil is also available in the market.
- Men can take neem tablet to promote sterility.
4. Parsley (Ajamoda)
Parsley is one of the best Ayurvedic herbs to prevent unwanted pregnancy. It also helps to regulate your menstrual cycle. This natural herb has no side effects, and you consume it as herbal tea.
- Boil one teaspoon of parsley fresh or dried leaves in a cup of boiling water.
- Strain this mixture and drink it regularly to avoid pregnancy.
5. Dried Fig
Dried figs are a very useful home remedy for childbirth control and help to get rid of unwanted pregnancy. This remedy also helps in increasing the blood circulation of the body.
- Eat dried fig after having sex and take this remedy on until you get the period.
6. Rue Herb
Rue is one of the best natural herbs to prevent pregnancy without a condom. Take this remedy within 15 days after intercourse.
- Take two tablespoons of rue and boil in a cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Let it steep then strain this mixture.
- Drink this remedy within 15 days of sexual activity.
7. Blue Cohosh
Another excellent remedy to stop pregnancy naturally at home.
- You can prepare tea from blue cohosh and drink twice a day.
- This remedy should be used in the limit, and we advise you to take your physicist advice before taking this natural herb.
8. Dried Apricots
This remedy is useful when your pregnancy test is negative. Once your pregnancy test is positive, you should not consume dried apricots.
- Take one teaspoon of honey and water, mix with 100 gm of dried apricots.
- Boil this natural herb in a cup of water until the amount of water reduces to half of the cup.
- Then drink this remedy once in a day.
- This remedy is an excellent way to prevent pregnancy and also cure excessive bleeding due to the menstrual cycle.
Angelica is a perfect and famous natural remedy for childbirth control. Dong Quai is another name for this natural remedy. This natural herb encourages uterine contractions.
- Take this natural herb within 15 days of sexual intercourse to avoid pregnancy.
Must Read: How to Conceive a Baby Boy Fast
10. Mugwort Herb
Mugwort is also known as Indian wormwood which looks like parsley.
- Take one teaspoon of dried mugwort with water after intercourse until you get a period.
- You can also check with your doctor about its dosage because it can cause renal failure.
- Try to avoid this remedy if you have kidney disease.
This is one of the oldest natural herbs to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
- Take a small piece of dried pennyroyal and add to your tea. Drink this tea once in a day.
- Try to use this remedy in an emergency as this remedy could have some side effects.
- Consult with your doctor first for dosage.
Check Out: How to Increase Breast Size Naturally
12. Papaya Fruit
Papaya is another way to avoid pregnancy and it also helps you to prevent abortion.
- Eat papaya just after having sexual intercourse for 2-3 days. If your pregnancy test is positive, you can stop eating papaya.
13. Queen Anne’s Lace
This natural herb is also known as wild carrot seeds. Queen Anne’s lace is a very old and famous natural remedy to stop pregnancy.
- Take one teaspoon of seeds and soak them in water. Have this remedy once in a day with water.
- We recommend you to drink a lot of water while taking this remedy.
- Chewing this remedy also helps in preventing pregnancy.
14. Ginger Root
You will be surprised to know the ginger can also help in avoiding pregnancy.
- Boil grated ginger in water for 5 minutes and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain this mixture and drink twice in a day after intercourse until you get a period.
It is an Iranian-origin natural remedy that smells pungent.
- Extract fresh asafetida juice and drink every month with water to avoid pregnancy and abortion.
Natural Ways To Avoid Pregnancy – Tips of Contraception
There are other methods that you can perform before, after, and during having sexual intercourse. Techniques for avoiding pregnancy or natural family planning depend on a woman’s body and period cycle. No method and tips can give you 100% success every time. We try to summarize a few techniques and tips below.
Also Read: White Discharge During Pregnancy: Normal?
- Calendar Method to Avoid Pregnancy: Make a note of your menstrual cycle because based on your last 12 menstrual cycles. You should subtract 18 days from your shortest period cycle and know your first fertile day, and 11 days from your longer period cycle to know your last fertile day. If you have an irregular menstrual cycle, your chance of getting a pregnant increase because you will have more days to fertile.
- Body Temperature Method to Stop Pregnancy: This method is based on your body temperature. Women body tends to drop her body temperature 12 to 20 hours before releasing an egg and once the egg is released body temperature rise again. So you should keep track of your body temperatures because the change in your body temperatures is minimal 1 or 2 degree Celsius. Note your body temperatures every day in the morning when you come out of bed. Calculate with a sensitive thermometer because of accuracy in temperature.
- Symptothermal method to Prevent Pregnancy: This technique includes the above two methods and other symptoms of your body. If you are feeling cramping, breast tenderness, and abdominal discomfort when you release the egg. Then you should avoid sexual intercourse during this period because your egg is being released which increases your chances of getting married.