Appendicitis happens due to pain and inflammation in the appendix. Appendix is a 3.5-inch long tube made of tissue which is located in a lower right quadrant of the abdomen. No one knows what the function of the appendix in a body is but certainly we can live without it. One out of every 15 people in the USA will get appendicitis and mostly it happens to people between ages 10 to 30. It could happen to both men and women. Inflammation in appendix occurs when appendix got blocked or infected. There are cases where people suffering appendicitis got cured by natural remedy without surgery. But we suggest if you are suffering from appendicitis visit a doctor in the meanwhile you can use natural remedies to cure appendicitis & appendix pain without surgery.
Symptoms of appendicitis – Appendix attack signs
- Pain in the upper abdomen that becomes sharp as it moves to the lower right abdomen.
- Nausea and vomiting happen when pain begin.
- Loss of Appetite
- Low degree fever
- Abdominal Swelling
- Inability to pass the gas
- Painful Urination could be one the appendicitis attack signs.
- Diarrhea with gas
Causes of Appendicitis (Inflamed Appendix)
Appendicitis occurs due to obstruction in the appendix. The obstruction could be partial or complete. Most of the time obstruction occur because of fecal matter. There are other reasons as well such as:
- Enlarged lymphoid follicles
Natural Home remedies to cure appendicitis & appendix pain
Natural remedies can provide you relief from Appendicitis and pain but it’s not a permanent cure. We suggest you visit a doctor if you are suffering from Appendicitis. There are remedies which can ease your pain.
- Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are one of the best home remedies to get rid of appendix pain. It helps to prevent the formation of pus in the appendix and ease the pain.
Way to use fenugreek seeds:
- Take two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and add into one liter of water. Let it boil for 30 minutes and strain this mixture. Drink one glass of this mixture twice in a day.
Another useful home remedy to cure appendicitis. This remedy very useful in chronic appendix pain. You can add one pinch of salt to buttermilk and drink three to four times in a day to get rid of the pain.
- Green Gram
Green gram home remedy is a good treatment for acute appendix pain. It gives you relief in pain and also cures the infection caused by appendix pain.
Ways to use Green Gram-
- Take some green gram and soak them for overnight in water and drinking this solution will ease your pain.
Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties which help to treat appendicitis without surgery. It also helps you to give relief in nausea and vomiting.
Way to use ginger for appendicitis:-
- Ginger Tea- Take one teaspoon ginger slices or grated and boiled in water for 5 minutes. Drink ginger tea three times in a day.
- Ginger oil- Massage ginger oil on lower abdomen 3-4 times daily.
- Castor Oil
Castor Oil is another home remedy which is very effective for appendicitis. It helps to break blockage in the appendix and reduces the appendix pain. It also eases the bowel movement.
Way to use castor oil to get rid of Appendix pain.
- Castor oil pack- Take a large flannel cloth, fold into layers and pour two tablespoons castor oil on it. Put this flannel cloth with castor oil on your abdomen for thrice in a week for 3 months.
Garlic also has anti-inflammatory therapeutic potential which helps to reduce inflammation and appendix pain.
Way to use Garlic for Appendicitis treatment-
- Garlic Clove- Eating three to four garlic clove daily empty stomach in the morning also helps to cure appendix pain.
Mint is also a useful home remedy which gets rid of appendicitis. It helps to get relief from appendicitis symptoms such as vomiting, nausea, and intestinal gas. Mint helps to reduce appendix pain.
Ways to take Mint for appendix pain relief-
- Mint tea- Make a mint tea by adding 1 teaspoon of mint leaves into boiling water, let it boil for 5 minutes. Strain this and add some honey to it. Drink mint tea for 3 times in a day for weeks.
- To get relief from nausea and vomiting chew mint leaves.
Whenever you have a stomach problem first thing you should do is start drinking more water. Drinking lukewarm water for a couple of days reduce appendix pain.
Appendix treatment in ayurveda
There are three stages of appendicitis in Ayurveda which are Vrana Sotha; Aam (Acute Appendicitis), Pachyamaan (Appendicular Mass), and Pakwa (Appendicular Abscess). In worse cases generally, a person has to remove appendix by surgery. Ayurveda can cure appendicitis naturally at the beginning stage of acute appendicitis (within 24-48 hrs. of the appendix pain starts). For ayurvedic medicine you should visit doctor and at home you can do below home ayurvedic remedies for appendicitis relief.
A person suffering from appendicitis may feel lower degree fever and that case basil is a good Ayurvedic remedy to bring down the temperature.
Way to use to basil leaves for Appendicitis Treatment.
- Basil leaves Tea- Boil 3 tablespoon basil leaves and 1 teaspoon of grated ginger in one cup of water. Boil this mixture until it reduces by half and strain this solution. You could add some honey and drink this 2 times a day for a couple of days. It will reduce your fever.
- You can eat 4 raw leaves of basil to prevent Appendicitis symptoms.
Ginseng is a good remedy in ayurveda to reduce pain and inflammation. It has anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce inflammation.
Way to use ginseng for appendix pain treatment-
- Ginseng tea- Take 8 slices of ginseng add to 3 cups of water and boiled on low heat for 15 minutes. Strain this ginseng tea add some honey and let it cool down. Drink ginseng to twice or thrice daily for two months.