Skin allergy itching is one of the most common forms of allergy. It could happen because of infection, medications, or immunity systems disorder. Allergens trigger the immunity system to the response. It overreacts and sends antibodies to help fight the allergens which can lead you to bumps, itching, redness, and other skin conditions.
Rashes can be caused by plants, allergic reactions to a medication or a food, or an illness. If rashes last for more than 2-3 days then one should visit a doctor. As allergy is very common and most of the time it’s not serious. If it’s not too serious you can treat skin allergy at home with the help of ayurvedic home remedies.
- 1 Types Of Skin Allergy Itching
- 2 Home Remedies for Skin Allergy Itching
- 3 Ayurvedic Treatment for Skin Allergy itching on Body
- 4 Homeopathic Remedies for Skin Allergy Itching
- 5 Tube or cream for itchy skin and rashes
Types Of Skin Allergy Itching
Skin allergy mainly categorized in four conditions which are:
This skin condition is also known as Eczema. It is very common in children but it could happen to any age group. Atopic dermatitis mainly happens either because of dry skin or environmental factors. Symptoms of eczema are itching, inflammation, and irritation.
Hives are red bumps or plaques that appear on the body. It is either occurs due to the immunity system reception to certain allergens, or for unknown reasons.
This skin condition may cause small blood vessels to leak, which leads to swelling in the skin. There are two types of hives, acute and chronic. Acute hives last for six weeks, where chronic hives can last for more than six weeks.
It triggers when your skin comes in direct contact with an allergen. Allergic contact dermatitis mainly symptoms are rash, itching, burning sensation. This type of skin condition can vary from person to person which depends on skin sensitivity.
People’s skin can be sensitive to Soap, laundry detergents, fabric softeners, shampoos. There are plants that can also cause you allergy-like poison ivy. Other causes may be some metal items or excessive exposure to water.
Angioedema mainly occurs on your eyelids, mouth, or genitals. Acute angioedema lasts for a few minutes to an hour and chronic angioedema can last for 1-2 days. It mostly happens with hives. Angioedema cause is mostly unidentified.
Causes for skin allergy itching (itchy skin & rashes)
There are many causes of skin allergy. According to Mayo Clinic researchers, they have tested more than 1,500 patients and found 73 allergens.
- The main causes for skin allergy are eczema, psoriasis, allergies, insect bites, acne, excessive sweating, etc.
- Another reason behind skin rashes could be poisonous plants like poison ivy.
- Certain types of soaps, detergents, shampoos, or cosmetics can also lead to skin allergy.
Symptoms of Skin Allergy on Body
- Swelling or bumps on the skin
Home Remedies for Skin Allergy Itching
Try below natural remedy for skin allergy treatment.
Aloe vera is a very helpful home remedy for skin allergy treatment. It contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. This natural herb soothes the skin, reduces itching and redness of the skin.
- Take a few leaves of aloe and extract the gel from them.
- Apply this gel to the affected area for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with water and do this remedy 2-3 times a day.
Olive oil is a good skin moisturizer that helps to remove dead cells and repair them. Vitamin E present in olive help soothe your skin and reduce itching. It works best for skin allergies like psoriasis.
- Massage with olive oil on skin rashes. You can also mix honey with olive and massage 2-3 times a day.
- Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix it with olive oil.
- Apply this paste on the affected area twice a day to get rid of skin allergy.
- Due to turmeric’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it soothes rashes and provides relief from itching.
- You can use natural oil like castor oil, coconut oil instead of olive oil.
Must Read: How to Cure Eczema Cure Permanently
Bentonite or Montmorillonite clay is a good natural remedy to cure skin allergy. Clay helps to reduce itching and also treat Acne.
Allergy caused by bees, wasps, and spiders which leaves venom on the skin. Clay helps to take out all these venoms and soothe skin and cure itchy skin.
- Take clay in a bowl and add some water and make a smooth and creamy paste.
- Apply this paste to the affected area.
- Let it dry and then wash with clean water.
- Repeat this home remedy twice a day.
- You can also make a paste of clay and apple cider vinegar.
- Just replace water with apple cider vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an effective home remedy. It has properties like antiseptic, antifungal, and antibacterial that relieve itching, especially itching caused by dry skin.
- Take raw, organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and put few drops of it onto a cotton ball.
- Apply this to affected areas and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Remove it with the help of a cotton ball. Try this remedy 2-3 times a day.
Basil leaves contain anti-itching substances like camphor and thymol.
This natural herb helps to reduce itching and heal the skin from bug bites.
- Crush a few leaves of basil and apply them to the affected area.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it with water.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times a day to get rid of itching and rashes quickly.
Check Out: Best Home Remedies to Cure Psoriasis
Ice cubes can be beneficial in reducing the redness of the skin and itching. Skin allergy caused by heat, insect bites and poison ivy can be cured by ice cubes. It also helps to reduce itching, swelling, and inflammation.
- Take ice cubes in a plastic bag and put them on the affected area for a few minutes.
- Try this remedy 3 times a day until you get relief from rashes and itching.
- Do not put ice directly on the skin.
Oatmeal is an effective home remedy for skin allergy cure quickly. It contains avenanthramide which helps to reduce itching and inflammation. This remedy work best for poison ivy, eczema, and allergy-like chickenpox.
- Make a thick paste of an equal amount of yogurt and oatmeal, and mix with little honey.
- Apply this paste on skin rashes. Leave it for 25-30 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this remedy daily until you get relief. This remedy work best for rashes on the face.
- Take bath in warm water by mixing oatmeal in it.
- Mix a cup of oatmeal in warm bath water and take bath for 15- 20 minutes.
- Take bath daily till you get relief from skin allergy.
Baking soda is another natural medicine to cure skin allergies. It gives you relief in inflammation and itching.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda and mix with three teaspoons of water. Mix soda and water properly and make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area once a day until you get relief. Leave it for 3-5 minutes and then wash it off.
It contains anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties which give you relief from itching and reduce inflammation. Chamomile is a good natural remedy for skin allergy treatment.
It also contains properties like antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral which help in the healing process.
- Make chamomile tea and apply it to the affected area with the help of a cotton ball.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and do this remedy two or three times a day.
- Take a few drops of chamomile essential oil and mix in two teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture 2-3 times a day.
It is also known as Indian lilac or margosa. Neem contains properties like anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-irritant, antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties.
Neem is a very effective remedy for skin conditions like eczema, scabies, acne, and other infections.
- Boil a handful of neem leaves in water. Strain it and let it cool down.
- Apply this solution to the affected area with the help of a cotton ball.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times a day until you get rid of skin allergy.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Skin Allergy itching on Body
- Sandalwood: It is one of the best natural herbs for skin problems. It reduces itching and inflammation and also makes your skin smoother and beautiful. Make a paste of lime juice and sandalwood. Apply it to the affected area 2-3 times a day. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Dashang Lepa: An effective Ayurvedic remedy made by a combination of 10 Ayurvedic herbs. It helps get instant relief from itching and inflammation.
- Divya Kayakalp Vati: This ayurvedic medicine for skin allergy is made by Baba Ramdev. It helps to cure skin allergies and also helps to get rid of acne or pimples.
Homeopathic Remedies for Skin Allergy Itching
- Apis Mellifica: This is one of the best homeopathic medicine for skin allergy cure. It helps to treat hives or urticarial rash due to an allergic reaction.
- Natrum Mur: Natural Homeopathic medicine that is very beneficial for the treatment of both nasal and skin allergies.
- Sulfur: This Homeopathic medicine is the best remedy for skin allergies. Sulfur provides relief from excessive itching and burning sensation.
- How to Get Rid of a Cyst at Home
Tube or cream for itchy skin and rashes
If you are suffering from excessive itching or other skin allergies we recommend you, visit your doctor. In the meantime, you can use Tenovate Cream to reduce skin itching and inflammation.