Skin allergy one of the most common forms of allergy. It could happen because of infection, medications, or the immunity systems disorder. Allergens trigger immunity system to response. It overreacts and sends antibodies to help fight the allergens which can lead you to bumps, itching, redness and other skin conditions. Rashes can be caused by plants, allergic reactions to a medication or a food, or an illness. If rashes last for more than 2-3 days then one should visit a doctor. As allergy is very common and most of the time it’s not serious. If it’s not too serious you can treat skin allergy at home with the help of ayurvedic home remedies.
Type of skin Allergy itching (itchy skin).
Skin allergy mainly categories in four conditions which are:
- Atopic Dermatitis
This skin condition is also known as Eczema. It is very common in children but it could happen to any age group. Atopic dermatitis mainly happens either because of dry skin or environmental factors. Symptoms of eczema are itching, inflammation, and irritation.
- Hives (Urticaria)
Hives are red bumps or plaques that appear on the body. It is either occurs due to the immunity system reception to certain allergens, or for unknown reasons. This skin condition may cause small blood vessels to leak, which leads to swelling in the skin. There is two type of hives, acute and chronic. Acute hives last for six weeks, where chronic hives can last for more than six weeks.
- Contact Dermatitis
It triggers when your skin comes in direct contact with an allergen. Allergic contact dermatitis mainly symptoms are rash, itching, burning sensation. This type of skin condition can vary from person to person which depends on skin sensitivity. People skin can be sensitive towards Soaps, laundry detergents, fabric softeners, shampoos. There are plants which can also cause you allergy like poison ivy. Other cause may be some metal item or excessive exposure to water.
Angioedema mainly occurs on your eyelids, mouth or genitals. Acute angioedema last for few minutes to an hour and chronic angioedema can last for 1-2 days. It mostly happens with hives. Angioedema cause is mostly unidentified.
Causes for skin allergy itching ( itchy skin & rashes)
There are many causes for skin allergy. According to Mayo Clinic researchers, they have tested more than 1,500 patients and found to 73 allergens.
- Main causes for skin allergy is eczema, psoriasis, allergies, insect bites, acne, excessive sweating etc.
- Other reason behind skin rashes could be poisonous plants like poison ivy.
- A Certain type of soaps, detergents, shampoos or cosmetics can also lead to skin allergy.
Symptoms of Skin Allergy on Body
- Swelling or bumps on the skin
Natural Remedies for Skin Allergy itching Treatment at Home
Try below natural remedy for skin allergy treatment.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a very helpful home remedy for skin allergy treatment. It contains anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties. This natural herb soothes the skin, reduce itching and redness of the skin.
- Take few leaves of aloe and extract gel from them. Apply this gel on affected area for 20 minutes. Wash it off with water and do this remedy 2-3 times in a day.
- Olive Oil
Olive oil is good skin moisturizer which helps to remove dead cells and repair them. Vitamin E present in olive help soothe your skin and reduce itching. It works best for the skin allergy like psoriasis.
- Massage with olive oil on skin rashes. You can also mix honey with olive and massage 2-3 times in a day.
- Take 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix with olive oil. Apply this paste on affected area twice in a day to get rid of skin allergy. Due to turmeric antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it soothes rashes and provides relieve from itching.
- You can use natural oil like castor oil, coconut oil instead of olive oil.
Must Read: Home Remedies to Cure Piles Without Surgery
Bentonite or Montmorillonite clay is a good natural remedy to cure skin allergy. Clay helps to reduce itching and also treat Acne. Allergy caused by bees, wasps, and spider which leaves venom on skin. Clay helps to take out all these venoms and soothe skin and cure itchy skin.
- Take clay in a bowl and add some water and make a smooth and creamy paste. Apply this paste on affected area. Let it dry and then wash with clean water. Repeat this home remedy twice in a day.
- You can also make a paste of clay and apple cider vinegar. Just replace water with apple cider vinegar.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an effective home remedy. It has properties like antiseptic, antifungal, and antibacterial that relieves itching, especially itching caused by dry skin.
- Take raw, organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and put few drops of it onto a cotton ball. Apply this on affected areas and leave it for 5 minutes. Remove it with the help of cotton ball. Try this remedy 2-3 times in a day.
- Basil Leaves
Basil leaves contain anti-itching substance like camphor and thymol. This natural herb help to reduce itching and heal the skin from bug bites.
- Crush few leaves of basil and apply on the affected area. Leave it for 10 minutes and then wash it with water. Repeat this remedy 2-3 times in a day to get rid of itching and rashes quickly.
- Ice Cubes
Ice cubes can be beneficial in reducing redness of the skin and itching. Skin allergy caused by heat, insect bites and poison ivy can be cured by ice cubes. It also helps to reduce itching, swelling, and inflammation.
- Take ice cubes in a plastic bag and put it on the affected area for a few minutes. Try this remedy 3 times in a day until you get relief from rashes and itching. Do not put ice directly on the skin.
Oatmeal is an effective home remedy for skin allergy cure quickly. It contains avenanthramide which helps to reduce itching and inflammation. This remedy work best for poison ivy, eczema, and allergy like chicken pox.
- Make a thick paste of equal amount of yogurt and oatmeal, and mix with little honey. Apply this paste on skin rashes. Leave it for 25-30 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy daily until you get relief. This remedy work best for rashes on the face.
- Take bath in warm water by mixing oatmeal in it. Mix a cup of oatmeal in warm bath water and take bath for 15- 20 minutes. Take bath daily till you get relief from skin allergy.
- Baking Soda
Baking soda is another natural medicine to cure skin allergy. It gives you relief in inflammation and itching.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda and mix with three teaspoons of water. Mix soda and water properly and make a thick paste. Apply this paste on affected area once in a day until you get relief. Leave it for 3-5 minutes and then wash it off.
It contains anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory properties which give you relief from itching and reduce inflammation. Chamomile is a good natural remedy for skin allergy treatment. It also contains properties like antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral which help in healing process.
- Make chamomile tea and apply on affected area with the help of cotton ball. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and do this remedy two or three times a day.
- Take few drops of chamomile essential oil and mix in two teaspoons of coconut oil. Apply this mixture 2-3 times in a day.
It is also known as Indian lilac or margosa. Neem contains properties like anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-irritant, antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties. Neem is a very effective remedy for a skin condition like eczema, scabies, acne and other infections.
- Boil handful of neem leaves in water. Strain it and let it cool down. Apply this solution on the affected area with help of cotton ball. Repeat this remedy 2-3 times in a day until you get rid of skin allergy.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Skin Allergy itching on Body
- Sandalwood: It is one of the best natural herbs for skin problems. It reduces itching and inflammation and also makes your skin smoother and beautiful. Make a paste of lime juice and sandalwood. Apply it on the affected area 2-3 times in a day. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
- Dashang Lepa: An effective Ayurvedic remedy made by a combination of 10 Ayurvedic herbs. It helps get instant relief from itching and inflammation.
- Divya Kayakalp Vati: This ayurvedic medicine for skin allergy is made by Baba Ramdev. It helps to cure skin allergy and also helps to get rid of acne or pimples.
Homeopathic Remedies for Skin Allergy Cure
- Apis Mellifica: This is one of the best homeopathic medicine for skin allergy cure. It helps to treat hives or urticarial rash due to an allergic reaction.
- Natrum Mur: Natural Homeopathic medicine which is very beneficial for the treatment of both nasal and skin allergies.
- Sulphur: This Homeopathic medicine is the best remedy for skin allergies. Sulphur provide relief from excessive itching and burning sensation.
Tube or cream for itchy skin and rashes
If you are suffering from excessive itching or other skin allergies we recommend you to visit your doctor. In the meantime, you can use tenovate cream to reduce Skin itching and inflammation.