How to get rid of Frequent Urination: Is need to urge pee disturbing your sleep? This may happen if you’re drinking too much and too close to bedtime. Or it may be a sign of underlying health condition. Normally a healthy person on an average goes to toilet 4-8 times in a day. If you are going more than 8 times you may suffer from some health condition. Most of the time Excessive or frequent urination is not a serious problem and which can be stopped at home by natural and ayurvedic remedies.
Excessive or frequent urination is known as Polyuria in medical term. Frequent urination may occur due to drinking of too many fluids, especially those containing caffeine or alcohol. Women during pregnancy often suffer from this condition, due to the enlarged uterus pressing on the bladder. A person on an average urinates around 5 to 8 cups (1 to 1.8 liters) of urine in a day.
Around 10-13 million Americans suffer from overactive bladder, and it is not just the older population. People of all ages can have frequent urination problems. Many adults experience an abnormal opening or obstruction in the urinary tract, which is known as functional bladder outlet obstruction.
Frequent Excessive Urination At Night While Sleeping
Excessive urination at night in a medical term known as Nocturia or polyuria Nocturia. The human body produces less urine at night which more concentrated, This means if you are waking up more than 2 times at night it means you are suffering from the overactive bladder in the night. Frequent urination and at night could happen to both male or female. Nocturia could be a sign of some underlying medical condition.
Risk Factor of Frequent Urination
Most of the time frequent urination happen due to drinking too many fluids. Which is not a too serious problem. A study has suggested that people who urinate at least twice at night reduce their chances of bladder cancer. But if you are having excessive urination with below symptoms you need medical attention.
- Blood in your urine
- Red or dark brown urine
- Painful urination
- Pain in your side, lower abdomen
- A strong urge to urinate
- Loss of bladder control
Causes of Excessive or Frequent Urination in Men & Women
- The most common causes of frequent urination in women is pregnancy. During the early weeks of pregnancy, uterus starts growing and put pressure on the bladder that causes excessive urination.
- Prostate problems are the very common cause of frequent urination in men. An enlarged prostate can press against the urethra and block the flow of urine. Which leads you to discomfort in the bladder. The bladder begins to react even when it contains small amounts of urine which cause more frequent urination.
Other causes of frequent urination may include:
- Drinking too many fluids like caffeine or alcohol.
- Diuretic Medications
- Stroke, or other neurological diseases
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Kidney stone or Infection
- Tumor in pelvic area
- Interstitial cystitis
- Overactive bladder syndrome
- Bladder Cancer
- Urinary incontinence
- Involuntary bladder contractions
- Bladder dysfunction
Home Remedies to Cure and Get rid of Frequent Urination
If you are suffering from the frequent urination, there are many natural remedies you can try at home. Changing your lifestyle and diet can help you to get rid of overactive bladder. Stop smoking or drinking alcohol, regulate your fluid intake and also avoid drinking coffee, tea or other caffeinated soft drinks. Follow below remedies and stop going to pee a lot.
- Pumpkin for Frequent Urination Treatment
Pumpkin seeds appear to be very effective in treating overactive bladder, a condition that causes a sudden urge to urinate and can sometimes result in mild urinary incontinence. This natural remedy is very effective for women suffering from frequent urination. The chemicals present in the pumpkin seed cause an increase in urination (diuretic effect), which helps relieve from overactive bladder.
- Eating a handful of roasted pumpkin seeds is recommended.
- You can eat whole seeds straight from the pumpkin. First, you separate them from the pulp and rinse off the sticky residue.
- Pomegranate Paste
Skin of pomegranate is a wonderful remedy for frequent urination. People who are suffering from frequent urination at night while sleeping, pomegranate skin paste works as an effective medicine.
- Make a fine paste from the skin of a pomegranate. Add a pinch of it to water and consume twice daily.
- Roasted Horse Gram
Horse gram is a good source of calcium molybdenum, iron, and polyphenols, which helps to stop frequent urination.
- Take few grams of roasted horse gram and have it with jaggery for a week.
- Fenugreek Seeds to Get rid of Excessive Urination
Fenugreek seeds are rich in natural nutrients that can effectively cure overactive bladder (OAB). It is a powerful diuretic and consuming fenugreek seeds daily can help to get rid of frequent urination. If you are suffering from frequent urination due to diabetes, Indian gooseberry can help you to control excessive urination.
- Make a fine powder of dry ginger, bishop weed seeds, and fenugreek seeds. Mix this powder with honey or water. Take this powder twice in a day for better result.
- Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds is another good source of minerals, vitamins, and fibers. It also has an antioxidant property which helps to balance less or excessive urine flow.
- Mix sesame seeds with jiggery and eat several times in a day to control frequent urination.
- You can also mix carom seeds, black sesame seeds, and jiggery and eat this mixture for few days.
- Spinach to Stop Frequent Urination at Night
Boiled spinach is a very effective home remedy to stop frequent urination at night. It also helps to maintain your urine flow.
- Eat boiled spinach in dinner to get rid of overactive bladder problem in the night.
- You can also mix spinach juice with coconut water and drink twice in a day for better result.
- Indian Gooseberry, Honey, Banana
Indian gooseberry is also known as Amla. It works as an anti-oxidants which help in cleaning your bladder and improve the strength of its muscle.
- Crush the Indian gooseberry or grate it after deseeding. Extract the juice by pressing against a sieve or in a clean cloth. Add unprocessed sugar and honey to the freshly extracted amla juice and mix well. Eat this mixture with banana. Take this remedy 2-4 times a day to stop frequent urination problem.
Another effective and the simplest remedy to stop frequent urination. Yogurt contains bacteria named Lactobacillus acidophilus which helps to prevent and cure frequent urination.
- Eat 1-2 bowls of plain yogurt every day for better result.
- Avoid eating flavored yogurt because they contain sweeteners as well other artificial agents and do not contain the beneficial bacteria.
- Basil for Frequent urination Cure
Basil has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties which help to improve immunity system and kill the infection. It helps to cure the infection in the bladder and treat frequent urination.
- Extract two teaspoon juice from fresh basil leaves and mix with one teaspoon of honey. Drink this mixture daily in the morning empty stomach until you get rid of overactive bladder.
Cumin is a very beneficial natural remedy for urinary problems and also it has very wide range of medical qualities. It is a very good source of iron which helps to fight infection and revitalizes the body. It prevents and cures all type of urinary tract infection and help to maintain urinary flow.
- Take one teaspoon of cumin and boil in one cup of water for 2-3 minutes. Let it cool down and strain it. Drink this tea twice in a day until you get relief from frequent urination.
Frequent Urination Treatment in Ayurveda with Remedies & Medicine
Excessive urination problem is very common in children and old people. Allopathic medicines control this disease for some time, but they do not offer any permanent solution to the problem. Ayurveda gives you the right treatment for this health condition.
- Reetha (Soapnut) Powder: Take 1/2 gm of soapnut seeds powder with fresh water twice in a day. This ayurvedic remedy will stop frequent urination within a week.
- Black Sesame: Take black sesame 50 gram, Oregano 25 gram, mix both and make a fine powder. Add 65 gram of jiggery to the powder take 5 gm of this ayurvedic medicine twice in a day.
- Turmeric and Sesame: Take 2 gram of each turmeric and sesame powder, add 4 gram of jiggery to the mixture. Take this ayurvedic remedy with lukewarm water twice a day. This is a very good treatment for the problem of excess urination.
- Nisakadakadi Kvath: This Baba Ramdev ayurvedic patanjali medicine is beneficial overactive bladder and helps to control urine flow. Take 15 ml of this with 60 ml of warm water before having meal twice in a day to Stop Frequent urination.