Typhoid Fever is an intestinal disorder. A Typhoid Fever Diet Plan plays a very important role in recovery and it strength your immune system to fight with bacteria. Typhoid mainly caused by caused by a strain of bacteria known as Salmonella typhii. Gastrointestinal discomforts are very common for typhoid patient. You may suffer from low appetite and nausea due to this fever. So it is important to increase protein intake. Take meal after the small interval is helps your body to keep energetic and make able to fight with bacteria. If you are suffering from typhoid try to avoid food which is high in fat and fiber. Take food that is easy to digest.
Typhoid fever Diet plan and chart for fast recovery
A perfect diet for typhoid fever is one which has small and frequent meals in it. The meal should contain foods that are high in protein, soft, bland, easily digestible and low in fiber and fat as well.
During first few days of Typhoid Diet:
A person suffering from typhoid should take only fruit juice and drink lemon water for few days. Take liquid diet for a few days and then gradually take fruits like bananas, cantaloupes, watermelons, grapes, and peaches. You can also take coconut water, barley water, electrolyte fortified water, fresh fruit juice, vegetable soup, buttermilk, and water. Try to avoid solid food unless you feels very hungry.
After few days as your appetite gets better, take semi-solid foods. You can eat boiled rice, baked potato, soft-boiled or poached eggs, baked apple, yogurt, vegetable soup.
After this 3 to 5 days follow the below diet chart for next one week
- Breakfast: You should one glass of fresh fruit such as apple, pear, mango, papaya, or some grapes, or berries. One cup of broken wheat or one slice of whole white bread.
- Lunch: Eat raw vegetable salad, poached eggs, baked apple, bananas and fruit juice. You can also take two small wheat tortilla of whole wheat flour.
- Dinner: High-calorie diet is necessary for those with typhoid fever. Eat white bread, baked potato and one other leafy vegetable like fenugreek seeds, spinach, vegetable soup etc.
In between breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner, you should drink one glass juice of fresh fruit or coconut water.
Note: Don’t eat fatty and food that contain high fiber.
Best Food to be eaten for Typhoid fever Patient During Recovery
Following a right diet can help you to recover fast from typhoid fever. A person suffering from typhoid should know what to eat and what not eat. Eat below food to get rid of typhoid quickly.
- Lemon: It is advised to take a glass of lukewarm water by mixing one teaspoon of lemon juice to it is good for digestive system. Lemon contains vitamin C which also helps liver to regain its strength. This remedy should be taken empty stomach.
- Tomato Soup: you can eat tomato soup for typhoid recovery because it is high in calories and easy to digest. Alternately, you can eat other vegetable soups as well.
- Buttermilk: Another important food for typhoid treatment. Buttermilk help to strength your liver and improve digestion.
- Almonds: Eating almonds is good for immunity systems because it increases the flow of blood. It also helps to regain your weight loss due to typhoid fever.
- Yogurt: It is a good source of protein which improves your immunity system and gives you strength to fight with bacteria.
- Vegetable soup: You can take vegetable soup in lunch and dinner if you are suffering from typhoid fever.
- Potato: For dinner or lunch you can take baked potato. Potato is very high on calorie which gives you strength and helps you to maintain your body weight.
- Gooseberry: Indian gooseberry contains a high amount of vitamin C, which helps to improve the digestive system.
- Orange Juice: Two or three glass of orange is juice is very useful in jaundice treatment. It helps to improve your immunity system and also help to flush out harmful toxins.
- Water: You should drink at least six to eight glasses of water every day. Typhoid fever causes watery diarrhea and fever, which can lead to dehydration.
Check Out: Food to Eat & Avoid During Jaundice Recovery
Food to be avoided during Typhoid: Restrictions and Precautions
Foods that cause any digestive disturbance should be avoided. Foods like foods, semi-cooked pulses, and raw vegetables are not recommended. Typhoid affects digestive system due to diarrhea, so it is better to avoid insoluble fiber found in certain foods like skins and seeds of fruits and vegetables.
- Eggs: Do not eat the egg for first few days the fever because it contains fat and could affect your weak digestive system.
- Meat: Avoid every type of meat during typhoid at least for 2 weeks. They contain more carbohydrate and liver needs to produce more bile to digest these foods and that may aggravate the condition.
- Spicy Food: Spicy food is not good for digestive system and could make typhoid worst.
- Fried food: Avoid eating fried food if you are suffering from this fever. It has very bad effect on the liver and digestive system.
- Coffee: It contains caffeine which is not good for digestive system. Stop drinking coffee if you are a coffee lover because it can make typhoid symptoms like diarrhea worst.
- Clarified Butter: It is very tough to digest so avoid eating.
Food Diet after Typhoid Fever Recovery
Typhoid fever affects your digestive system and immunity systems badly. It is very important to balance the levels of fluids and electrolytes in the body. The patient must receive proper nutrition to get rid of weakness due to typhoid.
A high protein diet is necessary recover from typhoid weakness. After recover you eat food which is less spicy and oily. You can take fruits, milk, curd rice, pulse, and yogurt. Dry fruit like almonds is also very beneficial after recovery from typhoid.
Typhoid Fever Diet Prevention Tips
- Wash raw fruits and vegetables with clean water before you eat them.
- Avoid eating food from street vendors.
- Drink bottled or boiled water for Typhoid Precaution.
- Do not eat food that’s stored or served at room temperature.
- Avoid cooking food for others until your doctor says you’re no longer contagious.
- Get vaccinated before you travel to the country which is at more risk.