Viral Fever Symptoms and Cure: High body temperature caused by a virus is known as viral fever. This is the most common type of fever. Children and old people are more at risk due to low immunity. The viral fever by itself is not an illness, it is a symptom of an underlying health condition, which is a viral infection. Infection due to the virus can cause you a headache, vomiting or high temperature. It can effect on any body part of the body. The high fever usually occurs when the immune system of the body, fighting against the viruses and “burning them off”.
Influenza virus is the best-known virus which causes viral fever. Viral infection usually is not a serious problem but sometime it could be fatal. There are on proper medication or any antibiotic over the counter for the virus. Antibiotics help to kill bacteria and cure symptoms, not a virus. Viral fever can last as long as one to two weeks.
What are the causes of Viral Fever?
- Taking foods or drinks contaminated by the Virus.
- Inhalation of the aerosolized particles.
- Making contact with the infected person either by blood or sexually
What is the risk factor involve in a viral fever?
- Make contact with an infected person
- If you travel to an area where a particular viral fever is prevalent then it increases your chance of getting a viral fever.
- You live in an area where the virus is easier to spread.
- Working with sick people also is increase your chance to get infected.
- Unprotected sex can also make you infected.
- Share needles for intravenous drugs.
- Living near infected animals or are slaughtering them.
- Your building is infested with rats.
- Babies, small children, and elderly people are also quite prone to viral fever since their low immunity.
Viral Fever Symptoms
There are many viral fever symptoms and most of them are so common medical condition like fatigue, cough, headache, sore throat, loose motions.
Viral fever symptoms may include body pain and discomfort in joint. The sometimes virus can effect on your certain body part like intestine, kidney, or liver etc.
- Fever (which intermittently rises and falls) – Your body temperature may rise up to 102-103 F. if could last for 2 weeks. Viral fever can affect your immunity system. Antibiotic and proper rest can help you to lower down body temperature. You can also use the natural home remedy to get rid of viral fever.
- A headache- One of the most common symptoms of viral fever. A headache during viral fever can last for 3-4 hours. It can be minor and severe. There antibiotic but with help of natural remedy you can get relief from a headache.
- Weakness – There is 102 health condition associated with fever and weakness. Viral fever affects your immunity system.
- Chills- If you are infected you can get chills during and before viral fever.
- Muscle, body and joint pain – These are most common symptoms of viral fever.
- Inflammation of the pharynx
- Painful tonsils or tonsillitis
- Running nose and cough
- Sore throat
- Burning sensation in eyes
- Skin rashes
Natural Home Remedies for Viral Fever Treatment
There is no proper medication to kill the virus but you can cure viral fever symptoms with help of natural remedy. Below are some very effective remedies for viral fever cure.
- Coriander tea to get rid of the viral infection
Coriander has antibiotic properties which make it an effective remedy to get a rid viral fever. It contains vitamin and phytonutrients which help to improve your immunity system.
- Take one teaspoon of coriander and boil in one cup of water for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture and if you don’t like the taste you can add one teaspoon of honey to it. Do this remedy twice in a day to get relief faster.
- Basil Leaves
Basil is a very effective home remedy to cure viral Fever. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibiotic in nature, it helps to viral fever. In addition to this, basil also improves your immunity system which helps to fight other symptoms like a cough, cold and headache.
- Take five fresh leaves of basil and eat them in the morning followed by water.
- You can drink basil leaves tea twice in a day for a week.
- Garlic and olive oil for fast relief from viral fever.
Another wonderful remedy for viral fever. Both olive oil and garlic are effective home remedies for fever. Crush two cloves of raw garlic and mix two tablespoons of olive oil. Heat the mixture up a bit and apply it to the soles of your feet. After applying, cover each foot with a plastic wrap for a night. This will help you to bring down your temperatures.
- Ginger and Honey tea
Ginger tea is a good way to fight with viral fever symptoms like a headache, cough etc.
- Take one tablespoon of crushed ginger and boil them in a cup of water for a few minutes. Add a teaspoon of honey and drink this solution 2-3 times a day for weeks.
- Take one tablespoon ginger root, 1 tablespoon bayberry bark, and one-half tablespoon of cayenne powder in a cup of water and boil them for 3-4 minutes. Drink this homemade natural remedy once in a day to get viral fever virus.
- Raisins to cure viral fever at home.
Raisins are a good home remedy for viral fever treatment. It helps to improve your immunity system and fights with viral fever symptoms.
- Take a handful of raisins and soak them in half a cup of water for 3-4 hours. Then crush them into the water and strain the mixture. Then add the juice from a half of a lime and drink twice a day for fast viral fever relief.
- Fenugreek home remedy for viral fever
Fenugreek seeds contain medicinal compounds like diosgenin, saponins, and alkaloids which help to cure viral fever. It also helps to get rid of other viral fever symptoms and improve immunity system.
- Take one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and soak them in a cup of water for a night. In the morning, strain this solution and drink it at regular intervals to treat viral fever.
- Alternatively, you can also consume a mixture of fenugreek seeds, lemon, and honey in the morning. It will help to your fight with viral fever symptoms.
- Cinnamon natural treatment for viral fever
Cinnamon is a good remedy to cure viral fever symptoms like a sore throat, cold and cough. It has an anti-bacterial property which helps to fight with bacteria. It also acts as a natural cure for bloating and gas, arthritis and reduces the symptoms.
- Tale ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix with one teaspoon of honey. Take this mixture 2-3 times in a day for 3 days.
- Indian gooseberry for viral fever cure
Indian Gooseberry is a very good source of vitamin C which helps to fight viral fever symptom like a cough, sore throat. It also improves your immunity systems and flushes out harmful toxins.
- Drink Gooseberry juice once a day followed by lukewarm water.
- Alternatively, you can also eat fresh gooseberry.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Antiviral property of apple cider vinegar helps to cure viral fever. It also helps in fighting bacteria and relieving colds and cough.
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix them well in warm water. Apple cider vinegar also helps in protecting the heart and maintaining lowers blood sugar levels.
Check Out: Swine Flu Cause Symptoms and Prevention Tips
- Turmeric for viral fever treatment
The compound “Curcumin” present in turmeric works as a powerful anti-inflammatory agent which helps to cure viral fever symptoms like chest congestion and soothes a cough. It also has properties like antibacterial and anti-viral that fights with a cough and cold.
- Take two teaspoons of turmeric and mix them in a glass of water. Drink this mixture once in a day to get fast relief.
Prevention Tips for Viral Fever
It is very difficult to prevent from Viral Fever but we can minimize the chance of getting it.
- Viral fever due to direct contact with Virus so we should give proper attention for affected viral things.
- You should avoid making any physical contact with infected persons.
- You should check your food water and food.
- Don’t take oily, packaged and fried foods.
- Wash your hands regularly
- Try to avoid crowded places
Viral fever mainly occurs because of the virus and its contagious problem. Sometime you may get high fever due to virus infection. There is no proper over the counter antibiotic for the virus but you can cure its symptoms with the help of home remedies. If you have any suggestion or any remedy which we mention to forget please let us know. Follow above remedy for viral fever treatment at home.