Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief: The wisdom tooth one of the last teeth to come and grow at the back of your gums. Most people develop four wisdom teeth, one in each corner. Wisdom teeth are the third and final set of molars.
Most people get wisdom teeth between the ages of 17 to 21. Sometimes these teeth can be beneficial to the mouth when healthy and properly aligned, but more often, they are misaligned and require removal.
If you are suffering from wisdom teeth pain you need to visit your dentist and in the meantime, you can use wisdom teeth pain relief Home remedies before and after removal.
When wisdom teeth start growing, you already have other 28 adult teeth, so there isn’t always enough room in the mouth for the wisdom tooth to grow properly. Because of the lack of space, you may feel wisdom tooth pain, gum swelling, redness, etc.
- 1 Wisdom Tooth Pain Sign & Symptoms
- 2 Wisdom Teeth Pain Relief Home Remedies
Wisdom Tooth Pain Sign & Symptoms
Symptoms of gum infection caused by a wisdom tooth include.
- Red, inflamed gum near the wisdom tooth.
- Jaw Pain before and after removal of wisdom tooth.
- Pus coming from the gum.
- The lymph glands under the jaw become swollen and sore
- It may become difficult to open the mouth and eating.
Wisdom Teeth Pain Relief Home Remedies
If you’re suffering from wisdom tooth pain, try any of the below home remedies for some quick toothache relief.
Clove is one of the oldest and wonderful remedies to cure wisdom tooth pain. It has anesthetic and analgesic properties that help to stop a toothache.
Clove’s antiseptic and antibacterial properties prevent wisdom teeth infection. You can use a whole clove or clove oil for quick pain relief.
- Simply keep the whole clove on your painful wisdom tooth.
- Don’t chew it or spit it out until you get rid of the pain.
- If you decide to use the oil instead, take a few drops of clove oil cotton ball and rub it on your tooth and gums.
- Use clove oil throughout the day until you get relief from wisdom tooth pain.
- Alternatively, you can make a paste of 1 crushed garlic, a little salt rock, and a few drops of clove oil. Apply this paste to your wisdom tooth and swollen gum. Leave it for 5-10 minutes and wash it off with warm water. Try this remedy twice a day.
2. Warm Salt Water
Warm salt water is a very simple and effective home remedy to treat wisdom teeth pain and infection. It helps to cure inflammation in the gum due to wisdom teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water to get rid of wisdom tooth pain.
- Take hot water and add one tablespoon of salt to it.
- Let it cool down to room temperature, rinse your mouth with it for a few minutes.
- Do this home remedy 3-4 times a day.
Must Read: How to Cure Gingivitis at Home
Onion is another good home remedy for wisdom toothache relief. It has antiseptic, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties that can give you quick relief from teeth pain and prevent a wisdom tooth infection.
- Take one onion, cut it in half, and keep it on the inside of your cheek where the wisdom teeth hurt.
- Keep it there for 10-15 minutes and then chew it to extract the juice.
- Although onion may leave a strong, bitter taste in your mouth it will give you fast relief from tooth pain.
Garlic has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibiotic properties which help in wisdom toothache relief. It also kills the bacteria which may cause infection due to the wisdom tooth.
- Take crushed garlic and place it on the aching wisdom teeth for 10-15 minutes.
- You can also chew garlic cloves to get pain relief for wisdom teeth. Do this remedy 2-3 times a day.
This natural herb is used for many health problems and it can also cure wisdom teeth pain. Peppermint is rich in aesthetic properties that help to treat toothache. It can kill the bacteria in the mouth that may cause infection.
- Take 1 teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves and add to a cup of hot water.
- Cover and steep for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain this and let it cool down.
- Wash your with this solution for 30 seconds and spit it out.
- Do the same with the remaining solution. Try this home remedy 2-3 times a day.
- You can also rub peppermint on the swollen gum and aching teeth.
This ayurvedic natural medicine is used to cure wisdom tooth pain in the jaw. It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antispasmodic properties, making this ayurvedic herb a good remedy for toothaches, including wisdom tooth pain.
- Take a ¼ teaspoon of asafetida, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and mix them and place in the mortar bowl.
- Crush the asafetida in lemon juice with the help of a pestle and slightly heat the mixture.
- Rub this solution with the help of a cotton ball against your aching wisdom teeth.
- You may feel an immediate relief in the wisdom teeth pain.
7. Guava Leaves
Guava Leaves are a very effective home remedy to get rid of wisdom teeth pain before and after removal. It has astringent, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which help to reduce swelling of gums. Leaves of guava also help to stop gum bleeding and bad breath.
- Take 5-6 guava leaves and boil in a glass of water for 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down to room temperature.
- Then strain this mixture and rinse your mouth.
- You can also add one teaspoon of salt to cure pain in the teeth quickly.
- Alternatively, you can chew guava leaves. Take 2-3 fresh leaves of guava and chew them slowly to extract juice into your mouth. Do this remedy 3-4 times a day.
8. Wheatgrass Juice
Wheatgrass juice is a good source of chlorophyll, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals which help wisdom teeth pain relief. Chlorophyll is an excellent anti-bacterial that reduces the growth of bacteria and prevents infection. This natural remedy works as a wonderful mouthwash for wisdom teeth pain relief.
- Take one glass of wheatgrass juice and rinse your mouth with it for 5 minutes.
- Now spit it out and repeat 2-3 times.
9. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a very effective wisdom tooth pain remedy that has antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. This essential oil can also stop wisdom tooth growing pain and gives you quick relief.
- You need 1-2 drops of tea tree oil and a cotton ball. Dip a cotton ball in this essential oil and rub it on your tooth. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash your mouth with warm water. Do this remedy 2-3 times a day.
- Alternatively, take ½ teaspoon of olive oil and mix 1-2 drops of tea tree oil. Rub this oil mixture on your aching tooth and swollen gum to get relief from a toothache.
Note: Do not swallow tea tree oil.
Myrrh is a good ayurvedic remedy for wisdom tooth pain in jaw treatment. It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties with help to get rid of a wisdom toothache.
- You can use myrrh as a mouthwash for wisdom tooth pain relief.
- Take 2 drops of myrrh oil and add in a cup of water.
- Wash your mouth with this thoroughly.
- For better results, you can add 2 drops of clove oil and one drop of lavender oil.
11. Vanilla Extract
Vanilla extract has antioxidants properties and it also has little concentration of alcohol which gives you relief from pain due to the wisdom tooth.
- You can apply the vanilla extract to your aching teeth and swollen gum with the help of a cotton ball.
- It can help to stop bleeding due to wisdom pain removal.
Note: Vanilla extract is not the same as a vanilla essence which is commonly used for cooking and baking.
Plantain is a good natural medicine for relieving wisdom tooth pain.
- You need some plantain leaves.
- Crush them and apply them directly to the aching tooth for quick relief.
- It can also help to stop gum bleeding.
How long does wisdom tooth pain last?
A dental surgeon can remove wisdom teeth in less than two hours. You’ll feel too uncomfortable to eat or talk much after surgery. After removal of wisdom, you may feel some bleeding, jaw pain, swelling.
You may feel some bleeding for 24-48, swelling typically lasts between 48 and 72 hours. First 3-5 days you will feel severe wisdom tooth pain in the jaw. After this, the pain starts decreasing day by day. After surgery pain in some cases may last up to 7 – 14 days before completely subsiding.
Natural homemade remedies are a simple way to get rid of wisdom tooth pain at home. Wisdom teeth pain can be very bad and you may need heavy doses of painkillers. Heavy doses of painkillers can affect your body’s immunity system. The natural home remedy is 100% side effect free and you can make them very easily.
Please give your feedback and let us know how you feel about our natural remedies. Above Remedies are the best wisdom teeth pain relief treatment.